tesco

merc0447:

catjenkins:
Stick to the A roads, you lot and the others are a [zb] nuisance

Aye stick to a single carriageway A road where it is near impossible to overtake rather than a 3 lane M6 where it is ■■■■ easy to overtake - well done genius

No need to overtake, the limit is 40 mph they can do that.

containers_only:

harv:
today when i was driving my tesco lorry joining the M6 i had this lorry right on my backdoors when on the M6 he went past me giveing me the [zb] sign.now the tesco lorrys are set at 80kph thats 50mph it is not my fault i am just doing a job and tesco is saving fuel.so who is the [zb] (every little helps).

a

At least they have the decency to state their speed limits on the rear of their trailers, unlike others who have no signs, and yet only do 50 mph, theyre the dangerous ones. Ive never understood the speedsters, when most of them are on an hourly rate, surely they actually lose money by speeding, just a thought.

Wheelnut…your completely wrong, its 15 minutes, which includes a debrief, and a dropped trailer…you will never make Mensa, and I too have a certificate, of my IQ, which proves that i am more cleverer than you, unless of course you too have taken the test, or indeed, have taken a similar test, but of a higher value than the Mensa. You imply from your calculation, that X+Y = 4 but if you do the calculation Y + X it too will also equal 4 so in that context, i will wish you a very happy xmas.

You are aware this thread is 2½ years old ? :slight_smile:

Yeah, but some of us have nothing better to do :laughing:

today when i was driving my tesco lorry joining the M6 i had this lorry right on my backdoors when on the M6 he went past me giveing me the [zb] sign.now the tesco lorrys are set at 80kph thats 50mph it is not my fault i am just doing a job and tesco is saving fuel.so who is the [zb] (every little helps).

harv:

You should have driven slower and tapped your brakes and then gave him a thumbs up and a smile as he passed :slight_smile:

You were driving far to fast :laughing:
When i worked for Tesco John Morrel (famous Kiln Farm unionist) would NEVER exceed 40 mph on any motorway, longer you take the more money you make. I often ran with John and spent many an hour sitting behind him, to pass his was a sin.
John was a true drivers man and great fun :laughing:

harv:

you shoulda got outta my [zb]ing way then :smiling_imp:

:wink:

harv:

I am amazed that the owner of Tescos drives one of his own lorries :laughing:

You want to try driving down the A420 between Oxford and Swindon in an artic doing 40mph…you really get abuse then :open_mouth:

Stick to the A roads, you lot and the others are a ■■■■■■■ nuisance

catjenkins:

Funny that cos I think you speed bandits are a pain in the arse! Literally.

catjenkins:

Aye stick to a single carriageway A road where it is near impossible to overtake rather than a 3 lane M6 where it is ■■■■ easy to overtake - well done genius

I think all trucks over 7.5t should only do 40mph on the motorway,it makes sense to save fuel.

TTX boy:
I think all trucks over 7.5t should only do 40mph on the motorway,it makes sense to save fuel.

Why not stick to the A-roads if you want to do 40mph :bulb:

Tesco set to 88/89kph and 85 on cruise. I had a crap fuel record there but always managed 3 stores in the time it took their own guys to do 1. I also made more money than them

gogzy:
Tesco set to 88/89kph and 85 on cruise. I had a crap fuel record there but always managed 3 stores in the time it took their own guys to do 1. I also made more money than them

Not any more. It’s 50 now.

44 Tonne Ton:

gogzy:

Not any more. It’s 50 now.

And at £6 quid a gallon, wouldn’t you drive at less than the limit to save a few quid? I know you have to balance the saving in fuel against the extra hours paid due to longer journey times, but if my maths are correct does a maximum of 33 extra miles make a difference to most operations over 4 and a half hours, if you could run at 56 mph non stop?

Perhaps views from some of the owner operators who pay for their own juice would be interesting?

my boss thought it would be good too tell us to only do the speed limits too save a bit of fuel, it lasted a couple of weeks, it cost him £250 more than it normally would due too increased nights out, overtime, parking charges, more fuel being used. so unless your a trolley dolly or carry light weights or motorway work all the time reducing your speed doesnt always save you money. oh and just because the pw is restricted too 50mph doesnt give anyone the right to abuse the guy, he is after all only doing his job