TESCO Truck Spec

mike68:

Carlos Fandango:
Last summer Mercs sent an Actros to Doncaster to make sure it matched up to all the trailers (8, 10, 12 and 13m) and deckers.
The transport manager said Tesco’s were swapping the whole fleet of about 1400 for the high cab specced Axor, even though the majority of ours were 60/61 plates…That was before Stobart came in though :laughing:

As for the 50 mph thing…it was terrible and dangerous. I totally agree that those who did 40 on the motorway needed ■■■■■■■■ :frowning:

It’s looking like the Tesco unit of choice will be the DAF CF from now on, Mercedes I believe no longer produce the Axor therefor the new Actros will be to expensive, we took delivery of 12 or so CF’s a couple of weeks ago.

Is this correct about the axor? Bearing in mind a while ago you said that a day cab axor isn’t available lol

G serie Beats an axor any day in my eyes…
You can get axor day cabs, tesco have them on rigids.

beefy4605:
sorry but Tesco in Belfast and Antrim are in the process of taking 28 new 410 FM Volvos . Some of the old Mercs and the old FM’s are going . Will leave us with 1840 Merc Axors with auto boxes ( most hatefull truck I’ve ever sat in or had the displeasure of driving )and the new FM 410’s with i- shift.

Aye,

sure it was too much to hope for that the new Volvo’s would be 440’s to pull an average 28T :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:
The 2012 1840 Axors aren’t that bad are they :question:
Powershift box still a PITA but drive her in manual when empty and I don’t mind it, not a patch on I-shift or Renault Opti-driver though. :wink:
The Axor seats I find comfy enough and alot better than the Volvo and at least they all have AC. :sunglasses:

Regulation5 AWR now going to be pushed ALOT more by the agency drivers so hope life will not be too bad in there over the next year or two. :slight_smile:
Sure its a gift of a job :exclamation: :exclamation:

lol @ the ASDA driver of the year!

1 thing I will NEVER EVER buy into.

you could try all year to drive perfectly, have no infringements, have no sick etc…but in the last week of the qualification period, someone could pull out in front of you, and that’s it, a harsh break. You record is no longer perfect…or you could get the winter vomit virus etc etc…

then there is the competition itself!!! You’d think it was all about driving a truck■■? no!!! It includes clay pigeon shooting!!! So an average driver who is brilliant at shooting wins over an excellent driver who can’t shoot for ■■■■!!!

then the prize. It start many years ago with a trip to sweden to spec your own new truck with a given budget. It gradually was downgraded and now it’s just an addition to the rest of the fleet which only you can drive. (albeit a bit of a taller cab!!) Thats all good and well, but i’d imagine it would be hell giving it back after a year and going back to driving a random truck from the fleet everyday!!!

I think those who complain they don’t have a high roof, black bumpers, mp3 player and all the other ■■■■■■■■ should be glad they have a job.

Muckaway:
I think those who complain they don’t have a high roof, black bumpers, mp3 player and all the other ■■■■■■■■ should be glad they have a job.

Oh here we go… :unamused:

By that logic, anyone with the ability to get on a bus should be glad they can and not bother going for a car? There’s nothing wrong with wanting nice things in life…

Well said, too many squares out there…

dew:

Muckaway:

By that logic, anyone with the ability to get on a bus should be glad they can and not bother going for a car? There’s nothing wrong with wanting nice things in life…

But does a high roof earn anymore, except for reselling it?
Horses for courses, tramping around Europe then yes, a bit more space. A run from a DC to a Tesco Express, done just aswell with a P cab Scania, Axor etc.

Muckaway:

dew:

Muckaway:

But does a high roof earn anymore, except for reselling it?
Horses for courses, tramping around Europe then yes, a bit more space. A run from a DC to a Tesco Express, done just aswell with a P cab Scania, Axor etc.

I will grant you it probably doesn’t earn anymore, but at the same time, I like to think it shows the company appreciate your input enough to give you better than basic.

I know I could phone my boss tomorrow and if he could help me, he would. The same works the other way, if it be work related or not. The boss recently refused a delivery because it would have put my hours out when things were supposed to be quiet, I told him I don’t mind and I would do what was expected, that shows I’m more than just a payroll number, and that’s why I enjoy working for a small firm, not a massive one,