TESCO Truck Spec

Seen a Morrisons Foden pulling a tipper before today, so either subbies or they’ve found a way to half the time spent unloading :laughing:

The tippers are Morrisons own, they collect root vegetables from farms, mainly potatoes, and take them to their packing plant in Bradford.

And thinking of Asda topliners, Grangemouth always had a V8 Topliner on the fleet for the previous years best performing driver, what the criteria was for who was the best performer I don’t know.

breaking into a specified area

Cor blimey! Did he need burglary skills too? :laughing:

kindle530:
i saw these (3 R560S and 2 440s) in Asda Magna Park Lutterworth when the 60 reg’s came out. Dont know if they were just storing them there for someone, but they hadnt been worked when i saw them.

A quick google shows LDN sign written for Bloor Logistics, maybe they were just being stored there.

bowser:
just because they are sign written doe’snt mean they are not subbies , its common knowledge that morrisons motors pull TNT trailers on night trunk but they aint morrison motors even though they are fully sign written they are subbies .

i cant remember the name of the firm just now but im sure someone will … :wink:

Wigglesworth :smiley:

cheers mucker85, i did wonder what happened to them!

mucker85:

kindle530:
i saw these (3 R560S and 2 440s) in Asda Magna Park Lutterworth when the 60 reg’s came out. Dont know if they were just storing them there for someone, but they hadnt been worked when i saw them.

A quick google shows LDN sign written for Bloor Logistics, maybe they were just being stored there.

FJ60 LDL and LDN are Scania Truck Rental vehicles

We had LDN last year, nice truck but manual… not too good on fuel either

acd1202:
Seen a Morrisons Foden pulling a tipper before today, so either subbies or they’ve found a way to half the time spent unloading :laughing:

The tippers are Morrisons own, they collect root vegetables from farms, mainly potatoes, and take them to their packing plant in Bradford.

And thinking of Asda topliners, Grangemouth always had a V8 Topliner on the fleet for the previous years best performing driver, what the criteria was for who was the best performer I don’t know.

The criteria for best performer at Grangemouth was to drink a gallon of Buckfast through a straw in the quickest time.

RIPPER:

bowser:
just because they are sign written doe’snt mean they are not subbies , its common knowledge that morrisons motors pull TNT trailers on night trunk but they aint morrison motors even though they are fully sign written they are subbies .

i cant remember the name of the firm just now but im sure someone will … :wink:

Wigglesworth :smiley:

thats them i couldnt remember the name :unamused:

bit late with my reply but i’ve slept since then :wink:

We have about six high roof Merc Axors@ Tesco Belfast, no back windows and ex Southern Ireland when Stobarts moved in.
Some have over 800k on them from running 24/7 and are still working like a Swiss watch. :sunglasses:

Big Truck:
We have about six high roof Merc Axors@ Tesco Belfast, no back windows and ex Southern Ireland when Stobarts moved in.
Some have over 800k on them from running 24/7 and are still working like a Swiss watch. :sunglasses:

There are some on this site who will not be to pleased with this good report on Axors , in fact I just dont know why any other truck makers other than Scania bother to make trucks !!! .

dukeofdirt:

Truckulent:

billybigrig:
Dave Smith, 46, from Newport, was crowned ASDA driver of the year, beating off competition

Ewww! Better him than me!!!

I don’t know the driver, but Trevor Harris is one of the nicest blokes you could hope to meet, and he knows his stuff. I’m pleased for trevor that his depot is doing so well. Trevor and i worked together a few times on various projects when i was instructor at Didcot. Incidentally, Didcot were the first depot to get a brand new topline Scania, with a special Asda Green colour scheme, i was at the presentation of the keys by the Scania UK managing director, and first to drive it :wink: . it was a R470 topline with top spec, and we had to rota it so that every driver got the chance to drive it.

Was told last night by Tesco NI Transport that we’re getting 28 new Volvo FM i-shifts over Dec/Jan and he says they will be 440’s :open_mouth: as the demo one they had for two months recently returned some impressive fuel figures.

They will replace the ageing (but still in VERY good nick) FM400’s and high roof Axors we have, coupled with the 10 new Axor1840 power-shifts we got new this Spring that will be a VERY fresh fleet indeed for “trolley dolly” work:!: :exclamation: :sunglasses:

Hiya…is,nt most of Morrisons fleet something to do with Butts at Northampton ■■?
John

3300John:
Hiya…is,nt most of Morrisons fleet something to do with Butts at Northampton ■■?
John

I know it used to be back in the days of the Black ERF’s, not sure if they still are though.

billybigrig:

Asda’s Dave is driver of the year

A NEWPORT delivery driver has triumphed in a gruelling test of lorry drivers from across the UK’s skill.

Dave Smith, 46, from Newport, was crowned ASDA driver of the year, beating off competition from more than 50 other heavy goods vehicle (HGV) drivers from the supermarket’s depots around the country.

Mr Smith, who has been based at ASDA’s Chepstow depot since 2007, first had to tackle 32 questions on European and UK highway’s law in just 20 minutes, before heading out to take on tests such as navigating through cones, breaking into a specified area and reversing his lorry down an incredibly narrow alleyway. To test whether the drivers had reversed accurately there was a piece of paper stuck to the wall which they had to be able to collect from the cab window.

As a result of his win, Mr Smith will now enjoy use of a brand new Scania lorry for a year.

Mr Smith’s success in the final meant the Chepstow team have now won the competition for the second year in a row, after Steve Morgan was victorious in last year’s event.

Mandy Chambers, event co-ordinator at the depot, said: “Everybody is absolutely delighted with Dave’s win. We would like to thank Trevor Harris the depot trainer and instructor and all the volunteers who give up their own time to make the event possible.”

Source South Wales Argus

[/quote]
Fair play to Dave, the driver of the year comp is NOT easy and does separate the men from the boys-or rather those who think they can drive from those who KNOW they can.
Not sure how much of a prize a 420 scania with opticruise is though.

It’s a hell of a prize considering places like Sainsbury give black axors to their ‘driver of the year’…#whataninsult

Pimpdaddy:
It’s a hell of a prize considering places like Sainsbury give black axors to their ‘driver of the year’…#whataninsult

don’t get me wrong, it is a big deal getting your own truck that nobody else can use for a year, but until recently they gave the winner a v8 topline. cost cutting, I imagine.

oman5:

Pimpdaddy:

don’t get me wrong, it is a big deal getting your own truck that nobody else can use for a year, but until recently they gave the winner a v8 topline. cost cutting, I imagine.

What’s the point of having a wagon that’s not earning
I assume they don’t tramp away all week so normally the motor would be double shifted?
Why not just give the winner a nice check for £2k and get the wagon earning?

Supermarket driver of the year?
Do catagories include:
Driving at 40mph regardless of the road your on including motorways?
Telling everyone who much you earn? :slight_smile:

There are other possible explainations for the freaky tesco wagons.

It could be a cancelled order that Tesco got cheap for example.

It could have been a mis-build.

It could be that there is actually a fleet department out there that gives a ■■■■ about the people charged with bringing the fleet home safe each working week. But I don’t hold my breath.

As for all this, I dont see why anyone other than Scania build trucks crap. Come on people, different strokes and all that. I personally don’t like a Scanny. Its nothing I can put my finger on, the package just doesn’t look right for me. My boss loves MAN and despises all things Merc, while I would give my right arm for an MP4 and would consider giving my left too for a gigaspace. Merc, MAN, DAF and Renault build trucks because a V8 Topline isn’t the answer to every question.

Good luck doing Ford in Epsom with a V8 Topline! Its all low bridges and even lower trees. That is why god invented the fleet truck.

Having never driven a Foden, I cant say for certain, but my impression is they build trucks because there needs to be a Landrover Defender of the truck world, and the can go anywhere, take anything and still look presentable covered in mud.

New units for ASDA were being delivered to Scania Haydock 4 or 5 weeks ago, not sure where they are now but they were the standard cabs with g420 on the front. I presumed they’d be for north western ASDA rdc’s as the kit is terrible, they have all the old netto small cabs too (all doing 83k/ph and more hired units from Salford than they have their own kit these days. Haven’t seen these on the road or in any of the RDC’s though :confused: