Tablet

Ok if you insist. Paying a lot of money for aftercare than you shouldn’t need to use though. Ill stick with an ‘inferior item’. After years as an Apple fanboy I saw the light when all my expensive Apple gadgets struggled to last past two years. You pay for the fancy shops and Apples $150 billion plus cash pile, I’ll save my money buying an ‘inferior item’.

The truth is there probably isn’t a truly bad tablet nowadays ,iPads are good but expensive and need to be linked to iTunes I was going to have one myself but I did a bit of homework and found the android tablets better suited to my needs ( Google maps for one as apple were using TomTom maps at the time)then I thought about Samsung and read nothing bad about them at all , but I read a review by stuff magazine about the nexus 7 who did nothing but rave about it and continue to place it above the iPads in its top ten tablets.

I-pad ( mini) ,with a PINK case :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,zb women,no idea if it’s any better or worse than anything else,but it’s what she wanted so that’s what we ended up with, think it was £400 with this plan,that plan,seemed a lot to me but she recorded it was a bargain,guess it is when your not paying for it :unamused:

switchlogic:
Ok if you insist. Paying a lot of money for aftercare than you shouldn’t need to use though. Ill stick with an ‘inferior item’. After years as an Apple fanboy I saw the light when all my expensive Apple gadgets struggled to last past two years. You pay for the fancy shops and Apples $150 billion plus cash pile, I’ll save my money buying an ‘inferior item’.

I will. I can afford it.
I don’t know what you did to them so they wouldn’t last past 2 years, plenty of older iPhones and iPads still in use.
It’s not all about aftercare that comes with them anyway. Build quality is a big factor as well.

Seany:

switchlogic:

I will. I can afford it.
I don’t know what you did to them so they wouldn’t last past 2 years, plenty of older iPhones and iPads still in use.
It’s not all about aftercare that comes with them anyway. Build quality is a big factor as well.

My only iphone - a 3gs - blew up, the battery decided to expand, nowhere to go, sealed unit, so it took out the circuit board and screen. NICE!

Seany:

switchlogic:

I will. I can afford it.

They just slow down to the point of unusability. Should you open your eyes you’d find many have good build quality too. I have an original iPad, despite stripping everything off it and updating it most of the apps crash left right and centre. Its only 3 years old.

switchlogic:

Seany:

switchlogic:

I will. I can afford it.

They just slow down to the point of unusability. Should you open your eyes you’d find many have good build quality too. I have an original iPad, despite stripping everything off it and updating it most of the apps crash left right and centre. Its only 3 years old.

Thanks for the advice but I won’t look around. Apple does the job fine for me and as I said I can afford it and not looking to save a few quid.

Well good for you. But I still maintain an iPad is overkill for the OPs needs.

switchlogic:
Well good for you. But I still maintain an iPad is overkill for the OPs needs.

I’d like an iPad as I’m thinking it would be a good match for my iPhone but seeing as that I am too tight to buy one, I am inclined to agree with you in that an iPad is an overkill for what I want. And to be honest, for the prices which are being thrown around on here (£150 ish) you cant surely go that far wrong?

No you cant. For want you want a £150 or so tablet will do the job perfectly fine.

switchlogic:
No you cant. For want you want a £150 or so tablet will do the job perfectly fine.

Cheers :grimacing:
Now do I buy now of wait for sale time :smiley:

switchlogic:

Cheers :grimacing:
Now do I buy now of wait for sale time :smiley:

Web page slow to submit, hence duplication…pls delete

They are selling the previous version Kindles for £99 at the moment. My Mum is buying me one for Christmas! Was gonna have the standard Kindle but this was so cheap I thought I’d give it a go. Gonna try and see if it will replace my old iPad.

switchlogic:
They are selling the previous version Kindles for £99 at the moment. My Mum is buying me one for Christmas! Was gonna have the standard Kindle but this was so cheap I thought I’d give it a go. Gonna try and see if it will replace my old iPad.

Also ■■■■ do a HD+ version of theirs, with a full HD screen for around £120, a bit more limited than your average Android tablet unless you root it and put a custom rom on, but in standard form would more than do what the OP wants.

tesco.com/direct/asus-memo-p … zMS26qY.99 - £59 Asus Android 4.1 tablet, not the best by any means, but might be good enough for what you want.

Using this code (e-coupon) at checkout might save another £10 if you’ve never ordered from Tesco.com before… TDX-7DXM

Also, I use topcashback which gets extra money back on most things you buy online - topcashback.co.uk/ref/Waynedl?source=ps2
There’s even a ‘snap and save’ app now too, so if you buy in store, you can take a picture of the receipt and get money back.
I’ve done over £145 so far, over time, but it’s mostly things I’d be buying anyway, breakdown cover, insurance, games for PS3 etc…

Also, this Galaxy Tab 3 - recommended above by a lot of people…

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D … g=ho01f-21

Shows £119, but when you click checkout it drops to £99…

Nexus 7 (2013 model) can’t be beaten for the price – mine gets constant use. It’s basically sold at near to cost price, which is why the screen is as good as many devices close to twice it’s price.

There’s nothing wrong with an iPad (or mini) either apart from being a bit more pricey. Usually you’d pick this if you were used to the iOS operating system and liked it – if you’ve purchased many apps or music on your iPhone then this is going to be easiest way to look after that investment without difficulty also.

Finally, the Amazon Kindle Fire HD or HDX also both have stunning specs for the price and review really well. Haven’t used it myself to know for sure, however. Their big advantage is the easy access to Amazon’s book/music/movie store.

ltmon:
Nexus 7 (2013 model) can’t be beaten for the price – mine gets constant use. It’s basically sold at near to cost price, which is why the screen is as good as many devices close to twice it’s price.

There’s nothing wrong with an iPad (or mini) either apart from being a bit more pricey. Usually you’d pick this if you were used to the iOS operating system and liked it – if you’ve purchased many apps or music on your iPhone then this is going to be easiest way to look after that investment without difficulty also.

Finally, the Amazon Kindle Fire HD or HDX also both have stunning specs for the price and review really well. Haven’t used it myself to know for sure, however. Their big advantage is the easy access to Amazon’s book/music/movie store.

i bought an original nexus 7, i was looking at them and the kindle hd, but went with the nexus 7 as people said it could pretty much do all the kindle hd could do, where the kindle hd had amazon’s restricted version of android os

I called in to see some friends in York over Christmas and he had just been given a Hudl, he is a plumber and gas fitter and his daughter bought him a keyboard & usb printer, he can do jobs and print an invoice out at the premises, he said he wouldn’t do without it now, as he used to have a diary and then send the bills out when he got home.

My mate here wants something similar and I am looking at either a Nexus or a Hudl for him now.

Carphone warehouse were doing the galaxy tab 3 for £79 a few weeks ago. Not sure if offer is still on