Tablet

Definitely go for the google nexus 7 mate. Cracking bit of kit.

I have an iPad. It’s ruddy fantastic.

hello

villa:

thelorryist:
Definitely go for the google nexus 7 mate. Cracking bit of kit.

yeah we got a google nexus 7 last christmas
it was brilliant for a month
till it slipped of the settee armrest and the screen broke
they are extremely fragile
an official repair by asus costs more than the device cost in the 1st place
and you wont be able to find a repair shop to repair it
as nobody can buy replacements screens /digitizers

IF you have the cash I pad , if not(like me) samsung tab2 , I think asda dojng it for £99 its only a 8gig but with a memory card easily upgradable.
Its wi fi only but hasnt let me down so far

For just the internet and email stuff I got the Archos 80 Cobalt from Tesco last year, it’s 8" and was £49. It’s not bad, pretty quick, reasonable screen and camera’s too.
BUT, it’s a 4:3 ratio screen (like old TV’s) so watching widescreen stuff sits in the middle.

So, for entertainment I got 1 of these below, which is frankly ■■■■ awesome. Full HD screen, controls my TV, sounds great etc.

If you order now, you can use the code tab10 to get 10% off (so 24.99 off) and also go through topcashback too (topcashback.co.uk/ref/Waynedl?source=ps1) which gets another few quid back.

direct.asda.com/LG-G-Pad-V500— … lt,pd.html

Mini ipad great for all tv channels sky films and sport, a great little gadget and good battery life, but get the 4g it’s super fast…

Nexus 7 … quite simply a awesome piece of kit

iPad2 had nearly a year, due upgrade next month. Doesn’t cost me a thing, unlimited data. Cannot fault the bloody thing, the battery usage on iPads is second to none

I’ve got a Microsoft surface , main reason I got it is for the USB port so I can plug in external hard drive , the only downside to it is the majority of apps are android/apple , but other than that it’s decent I think just for browsing at home etc the nexus would be spot on

Ipad definately justifies the money spent.

I dont need wifi, got netflix, sky go and sky sports, now tv and catchup tv and it doesnt cost me anything extra. Just runs off unlimited 3G even the sat nav works brilliant.

iPad 4 with 3G soon to be 4g fantastic bit of kit. Yeah it ain’t cheap but it does everything tv ,inter web ,maps, download all my programmes at the weekend watch it when I want. No comparison . Cheaper alternatives but there’s a reason while they’re cheaper :slight_smile:

n17 trucker:
iPad 4 with 3G soon to be 4g fantastic bit of kit. Yeah it ain’t cheap but it does everything tv ,inter web ,maps, download all my programmes at the weekend watch it when I want. No comparison . Cheaper alternatives but there’s a reason while they’re cheaper :slight_smile:

a nexus 7 will do all that, as will most others. what does the ipad do the others won’t? you can get the original nexus 7 with 16gb of storage for £130

to anyone not clued up if you buy a tablet with 3g / 4g, to make use of that feature you’ll have to pay for a data sim card, so you can get internet on the move.

or if you’ve got a decent phone you’ll be able to connect via wifi and use your phones data allowance, but keep a check on the usage compared to your data allowance.

The iPad is overpriced for what it is, and for what the op wants. Any number of these cheaper tablets will do exactly what he wants. No they wont be design statements but yes they’ll work well. There is a reason the iPad is so expensive, its because Apple can get away with it.

Jesus seen the future
He had a tablet.

iPad air and I tether it to my iPhone, best of both worlds, not cheap to buy but worth the extra I think

switchlogic:
The iPad is overpriced for what it is, and for what the op wants. Any number of these cheaper tablets will do exactly what he wants. No they wont be design statements but yes they’ll work well. There is a reason the iPad is so expensive, its because Apple can get away with it.

No it isn’t.

The reason it’s expensive is because it’s worth it. People keep buying them so they can’t be too bad!

Seany:

switchlogic:

No it isn’t.

The reason it’s expensive is because it’s worth it. People keep buying them so they can’t be too bad!

Dude’s called Sean, comedy gold :laughing: :laughing:

Seany:

switchlogic:

No it isn’t.

Come on dont be so naive…

switchlogic:

Seany:

switchlogic:

No it isn’t.

Come on dont be so naive…

After sales care is 2nd to none. Any problems walk into an apple store and if it’s not an easy fix you walk out with a replacement.

Can’t see that happening with one of the inferior items?..