swindon truck stop

just a quick one for anyone thinking of getting fuel there, went in tonight to find all the pumps taped off so no fuel, one of our other drivers went in last week and only one pump working, now it looks like thhey have run out completely, so not sure whats going on seems strange to be out of fuel for so long :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If you drop the trailer the Sainsburys canopy is pretty high I seem to recall.

Worst breakfast I have ever experienced in my life

Went a couple of weeks ago and they had no fuel then. Had a breakfast which was not brilliant and a bit overpriced I thought.

Turned up at 2130 for parking one night to be told I can’t have a shower as their closing but still had to pay for parking at full price before I leave in the morning, but still couldnt have a shower then or use the meal voucher I think I got because it was to early. If it was because I the company at the time paid and I thought they were ■■■■■ anyway I’d have just leff without giving them a penny.

Got to be the worst truckstop in the uk. The food is awful only good thing is its handy for sainsburys.

They’ve only had one pump working for weeks now, looks like it might be getting ready to close.

If it does close then lets hope it doesn’t get fenced off and can still park there, maybe that is a bit optomistic though? Would probably soon get neglected by some that will leave all kinds of crap everywhere.

This used to be a good place In the early '90’s…

i think this place is one crap hole i"ve stopped in truck stops behind the iron curtain 25 years ago which are far superior.the only thing its fit for is snap account parking then into sainsburys to eat.the staff behind the food counter are also pig ignorant and miserable.id be embarassed to own or manage such a dire unprofessional establishment .The dog groomer who collects my three dogs has far better shower and bathing facilities.As a truck driver i know i could get behind the counter and knock up a better dinner than the vile careless expensive ■■■■■ they dish up on a daily basis.when last attempting to refuel at this dive the pump was so slow i gave up after 75 ltrs and stopped again at avonmouth ts WHERE THE FOOD IS EXCALENT AND GOOD VALUE

According to a subbie we use, the developers have their eye on it to expand the retail park.
I’d guess to get a change of use it would need to be proved the site is not viable.
Never eaten there as the burning/frying oil smell puts me off.

wildfire:
just a quick one for anyone thinking of getting fuel there, went in tonight to find all the pumps taped off so no fuel, one of our other drivers went in last week and only one pump working, now it looks like thhey have run out completely, so not sure whats going on seems strange to be out of fuel for so long :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The tanker driver was unwise enough to eat there…he’s not been seen since. :smiley:

Last time I went there (many years ago now) the woman was adding a ■■■-ash garnish to the delightful cuisine as she cooked.

You’ll miss it if / when its gone
Wouldn’t surprise me if someone wants to buy it up, as its in a retail area
These sort of places for us should be protected somehow
Loads of foreigners in there today

Stopped there a few times in 08 when i used to do the B&Q RDC on a regular, and it was a dive back then. Ate there the first time, never again! Always used to try and get there in good time to get hot food from the sainsburys deli counter! I Seem to remember watching the United v Chelsea CL final there, on a tv which looks like something my great grandparents handed down

I’m stuck here tonight. Not happy coz I’m only 10 miles from home
There’s a sign saying pay for parking in the cafe, which is only open Monday to Friday. Does that mean its free to park at weekends? I’m not bothered about having to pay, coz I get it back from the boss, but if I don’t pay and they send an invoice I get spanked with an “admin charge”

Nate:
I’m stuck here tonight. Not happy coz I’m only 10 miles from home
There’s a sign saying pay for parking in the cafe, which is only open Monday to Friday. Does that mean its free to park at weekends? I’m not bothered about having to pay, coz I get it back from the boss, but if I don’t pay and they send an invoice I get spanked with an “admin charge”

Why are you stuck there if your only 10 miles from home? Do you need the night out money that badly? Or are you physically chained to the railings? Can’t think of any other reason to be 10milez from home on a fri night! Do you not know rules and regulations go out the window come home time!

DAFMAD:
You’ll miss it if / when its gone
Wouldn’t surprise me if someone wants to buy it up, as its in a retail area
These sort of places for us should be protected somehow
Loads of foreigners in there today

That’s the thing truckers will miss the ■■■■■■■■■■■■ yes, the food and the service and the poor facilities no. These old truck stops are stuck in the 60,s serving up old slop cheapest ingredients at expensive prices.
I do use truck stops for parking, never eat in them as it’s possible to cook healthier food at a cheaper price in the cab

bigtruck=":

:smiley: :smiley: 2 hours and the mods haven’t noticed it yet. :wink:

wot did we miss

Over zealous moderators!