STOP tailgating!

C’mon… The guy “in between” died FFS.

“RIP Driver” applies as much to the 60 year old 30 year veteran who died as much as if he were one of us over here. :frowning:
The implications are that this was “his first accident ever” as well, thus it really could have “happened to any of us”. :frowning: :frowning:

Christ, what an awful bloody mess ! Wonder what actually happened to cause that bad a rear ender.

Speed limiters and overtaking bans are two of the factors that are to blame.

limeyphil:

I totally agree with phil, I got stuck behind a wagon on the auto band one day, he was full freighted and had about 1/2 kph on me on the flat, everytime we came to a hill were I could overtake there was an overtaking ban and he slowed to about 20 km as soon as he broke the brow away he went to the next hill was really frustrating after about 40 mins and that’s when you take risks that you shouldn’t take, but when you younger, you think you can get away with things. RIP to the driver that died :cry: :cry: :cry:

limeyphil:

Nothing to do with the muppet/s driving the offending vehicle/s then?

Some of the comments you pricks put on are unbelievable, call yourself professional drivers your total ■■■■■■■■■

weeto:

limeyphil:

robthedog:
Some of the comments you pricks put on are unbelievable, call yourself professional drivers your total [zb].

weeto:

limeyphil:

What are you on about?

Something you wouldn’t understand.

weeto:

robthedog:
Some of the comments you pricks put on are unbelievable, call yourself professional drivers your total [zb].

weeto:

limeyphil:

What are you on about?

Pretty awful pile up! Cruise control will always ensure you have a full speed collision if you are too close or not paying attention to the road in my opinion, so whilst its a useful tool, it can also be a contributor to this type of mayhem.
R.I.P the poor soul who perished and I hope the injured make a speedy recovery.

robthedog:

weeto:

robthedog:

weeto:

limeyphil:

What are you on about?

Something no one, except your self understands!! could understand a comment like yours, if some one had made a direct coment about this incident.
Stop getting on your high horse!!!

I rest my case

weeto:

robthedog:

weeto:

robthedog:

weeto:

limeyphil:

What are you on about?

Something no one, except your self understands!! could understand a comment like yours, if some one had made a direct coment about this incident.

robthedog:
I rest my case

weeto:

robthedog:

weeto:

robthedog:

weeto:

limeyphil:

What are you on about?

!

limeyphil:

Completely agree.

Looking at the news report again, it looks to me like the last truck has run into the back and shunted the lot forward. Could be tail end Charlie caused this mess.

limeyphil:

Utter cobblers!!

FarnboroughBoy11:

limeyphil:

Completely agree.

So, the driver that caused all this, is totally inocent then!

limeyphil:

About right for drivers these days.Blame everything but themselves.Speed limiters or overtaking bans do not stop you keeping a safe distance.
Ignorance and being impatient do though.

Will some drivers ever learn that they could well be next to die or even worse kill an innocent person. I doubt it after reading some of the moronic comments on here.

albion1971:

limeyphil:

About right for drivers these days.Blame everything but themselves.Speed limiters or overtaking bans do not stop you keeping a safe distance.
Ignorance and being impatient do though.

Will some drivers ever learn that they could well be next to die or even worse kill an innocent person. I doubt it after reading some of the moronic comments on here.

I don’t think you are taking the statement in the context it was written in, may be if phil had added cruise control as well might of helped, tiredness of one of the following drivers the list could go on and on, non of us were there to know what caused the first truck to break hard, at 56 on a autobahn even the 2 second rule (if you believe in it) is not enough. drivers do get complacent, it might not be right but that is life, on long runs your mind does start to wonder, I think we have all been there specially when driving abroad as some of those roads are really boring, then we have the habit of a lot of our European cousins to watch video’s on their laptops while driving, we have all seen it in this country and you have a recipe for disaster, we could go on and on but at the end of the day accidents are all due to driver error or mechanical failure :confused: :unamused:

robthedog:
I rest my case

weeto:

robthedog:

weeto:

robthedog:

weeto:

limeyphil:

What are you on about?

I am bored of playing a guessing game. What are you on about?