Stobarts

Awaiting confirmation from the agency but it looks like I might have a shift in there tomorrow at Appleton.

What sort of work is it out of there (day work) Stores? trunking?

Also what does the induction involve?

Thanks

(edit) just confirmed 0300 induction for an 0400 start

At least you’ll get some sense at that time of day! :open_mouth: work wise fifteen hour day, :open_mouth: probably run up to Livingston or down to Hatfield. :unamused: nip to goole? :sunglasses: wouldn’t of thought tesco trolly dolly out of Appleton! :grimacing: p & g, Britvic, coke or empty to samlesbury for tesco Livingston. Enjoy! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Induction is probably just to tell you how they want things done, check sheets, paperwork, isotrak etc.
Work will generally be rdc stuff.
they run scanias from appleton.
Work is easy, but be prepared for a long shift if you are agency.
And dont forget both parts of your licence.

Take empty trailer when you eventually find one to google and pick up a loaded one deliver a tesco York? Then back to goole get another loaded trailer an deliver another tesco on way back!

gazwrf:
Take empty trailer when you eventually find one to google and pick up a loaded one deliver a tesco York? Then back to goole get another loaded trailer an deliver another tesco on way back!

See there getting on top of the planning(empty tri from Appleton-goole :exclamation: :exclamation: ),why don’t they just get a goole driver to deliver to york :unamused: :unamused:planning will be the death of the company,crap :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

It’s always easy to run down the way others do their jobs and I speak as a driver who has no idea what demands the planning role places upon the planners. Maybe part of the induction process for their own drivers could in the future include half a day shadowing a planner to understand what exactly they are faced with.

The same could be said for planners spending a shift with a driver to get the same understanding of the role. Then maybe, just maybe, drivers would be a little more tolerant of the planner’s apparent shortcomings and the planners would be more understanding what the drivers have to deal with.

prob see you at donny in the morning , they are currently 200+ drivers short over the weekend

iDriver:
It’s always easy to run down the way others do their jobs and I speak as a driver who has no idea what demands the planning role places upon the planners. Maybe part of the induction process for their own drivers could in the future include half a day shadowing a planner to understand what exactly they are faced with.

The same could be said for planners spending a shift with a driver to get the same understanding of the role. Then maybe, just maybe, drivers would be a little more tolerant of the planner’s apparent shortcomings and the planners would be more understanding what the drivers have to deal with.

It is easy to run down this planner,he’s going to run a empty tri from Appleton-goole to pick up a loaded tri for York :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,I’m struggling to think of any good reason to do that other thanYOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING ,get a goole driver to deliver the loaded tri to york ,he’s already at goole,he’s got a truck there as well,if there was a load from Appleton -goole,fair enough,but a empty truck from Appleton - goole :open_mouth: rubbish.

dozy:
It is easy to run down this planner,he’s going to run a empty tri from Appleton-goole to pick up a loaded tri for York :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,I’m struggling to think of any good reason to do that other thanYOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING ,get a goole driver to deliver the loaded tri to york ,he’s already at goole,he’s got a truck there as well,if there was a load from Appleton -goole,fair enough,but a empty truck from Appleton - goole :open_mouth: rubbish.

How about all the Goole drivers are slotted for work already or that they’re short on empty trailers? There can be a ton of reasons you as one driver in an organisation with dozens of depots and thousands of wagons and trailers won’t be able to see from your 8x6ft world.

200 drivers short at the weekend, lol, every little helps. They’ll be jetting the bulgos & the rumos over soon.

Conor:

dozy:

How about all the Goole drivers are slotted for work already or that they’re short on empty trailers? There can be a ton of reasons you as one driver in an organisation with dozens of depots and thousands of wagons and trailers won’t be able to see from your 8x6ft world.

If there short of tris at goole as your suggesting,maybe the useless planner wants to have a look at his screen,then he’ll see there loads of them left at doncaster :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: ,the same ones the shunter was moaning like zb about this week as they were filling his yard up :exclamation: :exclamation:
Your just clutching at straws Connor,just coming up with any old rubbish to justify a crap bit of planning,maybe he also wants to look a bit closer to goole as well,maybe sherburn,balborough :wink: :exclamation: :exclamation: if he needs a tri at goole
As for driver,the original driver comes over as if he’s a agency ,there now getting agency drivers in at Appleton to work out of goole as all the goole drivers are allotted work,well that makes sense doesnt it :unamused: :unamused:
Yea your right from my 8x6 world none of this makes sense to me,I think I’m going to pull my curtains,and hope when I wake up this was all a dream,not reality because if it is we won’t be round for long :exclamation: :exclamation: ,its shocking

dozy:

Conor:

dozy:

If there short of tris at goole as your suggesting,maybe the useless planner wants to have a look at his screen,then he’ll see there loads of them left at doncaster :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: ,the same ones the shunter was moaning like zb about this week as they were filling his yard up :exclamation: :exclamation:
Your just clutching at straws Connor,just coming up with any old rubbish to justify a crap bit of planning,maybe he also wants to look a bit closer to goole as well,maybe sherburn,balborough :wink: :exclamation: :exclamation: if he needs a tri at goole
As for driver,the original driver comes over as if he’s a agency ,there now getting agency drivers in at Appleton to work out of goole as all the goole drivers are allotted work,well that makes sense doesnt it :unamused: :unamused:
Yea your right from my 8x6 world none of this makes sense to me,I think I’m going to pull my curtains,and hope when I wake up this was all a dream,not reality because if it is we won’t be round for long :exclamation: :exclamation: ,its shocking

It may be crap planning or maybe not, it maybe the constraints of their system, But unless you know all the facts, then you don’t know it’s crap planning or not

stevieboy308:

dozy:

Conor:

dozy:

It may be crap planning or maybe not, it maybe the constraints of their system, But unless you know all the facts, then you don’t know it’s crap planning or not

No t
No you right,it’s a brilliant plan,should result if all the planners are as good as this one with 5,000 employees looking for a job by Xmas,I’m going back to bed,this dream is turning into a bloody nightmare :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Silver_Surfer:
200 drivers short at the weekend, lol, every little helps. They’ll be jetting the bulgos & the rumos over soon.

It would be funny if it wasn’t so bloody stupid,they only binned 65 drivers from just down the road last wheel :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ,no work :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ,great planning again :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

agency induction about 3hr at appleton when i did it so dont do more than 12hr out and about as they wont pay more than 15. you can do tesco store work workin out of appleton ive done it.

What you worried about semtex…just do what most of you agency drivers do…role up in your filthy yellow high vis and tracksuit bottoms neither of which have seen the inside of a washing machine…sleep on the bed with ya boots on when ever you feel like it…scrape or dent any panel or bumper on the truck as you usualy do…inspect ever locker in the cab and remove what ever takes your fancy on the understanding your not going to put it back ever…feel free to lose a number plate or just leave it on any trl nearby and while your at it…tangle all the susies up around each other and cover them and the inside of the cab in as much fifth wheel grease as you can find…yep you"ll be as good as the previous agency drivers…P.S…dont forget to knock the nearside wing mirror about a bit so its left hanging off…and thats all whilst doing tesco goole…

MO(Topgun):
What you worried about semtex…just do what most of you agency drivers do…role up in your filthy yellow high vis and tracksuit bottoms neither of which have seen the inside of a washing machine…sleep on the bed with ya boots on when ever you feel like it…scrape or dent any panel or bumper on the truck as you usualy do…inspect ever locker in the cab and remove what ever takes your fancy on the understanding your not going to put it back ever…feel free to lose a number plate or just leave it on any trl nearby and while your at it…tangle all the susies up around each other and cover them and the inside of the cab in as much fifth wheel grease as you can find…yep you"ll be as good as the previous agency drivers…P.S…dont forget to knock the nearside wing mirror about a bit so its left hanging off…and thats all whilst doing tesco goole…

Is that what you do■■? :open_mouth:

MO(Topgun):

Ok, I’ll do that…just for you. Which wagon is yours mate. I’ll ask for it specifically so I can take good care of it as per your instructions!! :imp: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Not all agency drivers are like that. Don’t tar us all with the same brush!!!

MO(Topgun):

take it you dont like agency drivers then

dozy:

Silver_Surfer:

It would be funny if it wasn’t so bloody stupid,they only binned 65 drivers from just down the road last wheel :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ,no work :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ,great planning again :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

it tiz true - all these flowers for mothers day aparantly