Stobart hater on A38

I’m just embarrassed honest to god but oh hang on the dcpc will sort this out.

Even before speed cameras were invented drivers were using the thumbs down signal to warn other drivers of police presence ahead.

It really is a bit disappointing that a lorry driver would not know something like this, when I imagine even most car drivers would know about it :frowning:

tachograph:
Even before speed cameras were invented drivers were using the thumbs down signal to warn other drivers of police presence ahead.

It really is a bit disappointing that a lorry driver would not know something like this, when I imagine even most car drivers would know about it :frowning:

in years gone by it was to warn of maybe a log book check so you could pull over and fill it in :astonished:

the flying foden:

tachograph:

in years gone by it was to warn of maybe a log book check so you could pull over and fill it in :astonished:

In years gone by I held up my log book to warn of a ministry spot check, as I think you’ll find most other drivers did :wink:

tachograph:

the flying foden:

tachograph:

In years gone by I held up my log book to warn of a ministry spot check, as I think you’ll find most other drivers did :wink:

very true but as i was busy filling my dads book in he had to use his thumb :laughing:

sierrapaul:
thats stobart drivers for you,got there licence from a cornflake packet

ooooh stereotyping :unamused:

tachograph:

the flying foden:

tachograph:

How did you get out of that one though?
For instance, we can all adjust our speed there and then but couldn’t amend a log book 200 yards from the ministry could you?

FarnboroughBoy11:

tachograph:

the flying foden:

tachograph:

How did you get out of that one though?
For instance, we can all adjust our speed there and then but couldn’t amend a log book 200 yards from the ministry could you?

Well if you was within 200 yards of a checkpoint you couldn’t do much could you, but if you was half a mile or so up the road you stood a good chance of doing something about it if you needed to :wink:

Not that I would ever have needed to avoid a check you understand :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

Any good driver could fill out their log book on the move! and more to the point make sure it was the ‘current’ log book they handed over :slight_smile: the engine hump on my Marathon was just right

happysack:

sierrapaul:
thats stobart drivers for you,got there licence from a cornflake packet

ooooh stereotyping :unamused:

Exactly what I thought. Could have been Rice Crispies… :wink: :smiley:

Is it also true, if someone gives you the coffee handshake, it means there’s lovely hot drinks for sale in the next layby

JLS Driver SOS:
Is it also true, if someone gives you the coffee handshake, it means there’s lovely hot drinks for sale in the next layby

Either that or you could be a Gareth Hunt. :laughing:

The silence from kirk is deafening :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

top-gun:
The silence from kirk is deafening :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

He’s caught in a speed trap :open_mouth:

Scanner:

Kirk Ella 71:
Just like to say hello and thanks for flashing your lights to me and putting all that effort in just to give me a thumbs down,

Im just a driver

No. A driver would know what those signals mean instantly. A driver would raise their hand in thanks and proceed with caution. A driver wouldn’t feel the need to share a perceived slight against himself or the company he represents on an internet forum.

Defo agree…

This Kirk sounds like a real muppet…

Geoffo:

Scanner:

Kirk Ella 71:
Just like to say hello and thanks for flashing your lights to me and putting all that effort in just to give me a thumbs down,

Im just a driver

No. A driver would know what those signals mean instantly. A driver would raise their hand in thanks and proceed with caution. A driver wouldn’t feel the need to share a perceived slight against himself or the company he represents on an internet forum.

Defo agree…

This Kirk sounds like a real muppet…

he seems unable to differeniate between a thumb pointed down and a middle finger pointing up. not the same thing! :laughing:

Every day is a school day :laughing:

JLS Driver SOS:

top-gun:

And can’t walk out?

top-gun:

Isn’t it just, he’s been on but it look’s like he’s keeping a low profile. :laughing:

dew:

JLS Driver SOS:

top-gun:

And can’t walk out?

Because he loves you too much baby.