Stobart hater on A38

Denis F:

dozy:

Kirk Ella 71:
Just like to say hello and thanks for flashing your lights to me and putting all that effort in just to give me a thumbs down,

Im just a driver not a board member but made me smile to think seeing me had really got your goat haha get a grip :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m reading this as though your a stobart driver :question: ,and by the other driver flashing his lights and giving you the thumbs down you assumed he was a stobart hater :question: .

I’m reading this as top muppetry :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

:wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scanny77:

bald bloke:

K5Project:
Some missed that day of truck school it appears but yeah flashing of lights and thumbs down is “speed trap” or police ahead

Or someone broke down on a nasty bend .

i usually give a few frantic flashes and stick my hazards on to warn of an obstruction. Not sure of the officially unofficial warning for it but my method seems to work. I hope!

Or the flappy slow down hand. :slight_smile: Another is the chopping your head off flappy hand, meaning turn around your not going that way for a while.

The other day a driver held the back of his hand towards the windscreen, anyone know what it means or was he just showing me his nails?

10-08:

scanny77:

bald bloke:

K5Project:
Some missed that day of truck school it appears but yeah flashing of lights and thumbs down is “speed trap” or police ahead

i usually give a few frantic flashes and stick my hazards on to warn of an obstruction. Not sure of the officially unofficial warning for it but my method seems to work. I hope!

Or the flappy slow down hand. :slight_smile: Another is the chopping your head off flappy hand, meaning turn around your not going that way for a while.

The other day a driver held the back of his hand towards the windscreen, anyone know what it means or was he just showing me his nails?

A way of acknowledging and apologizing if not able to pull over to allow someone that was trying to enter from slip road - ?

This guy was coming in the opposite direction, couldn’t find any thing wrong with the vehicle or road. My lights weren’t on so it wasn’t that I was blinding him.?

10-08:
This guy was coming in the opposite direction, couldn’t find any thing wrong with the vehicle or road. My lights weren’t on so it wasn’t that I was blinding him.?

Paper bag or something stuck to your grill??

Must have been something like that, or maybe it was just a wind up to make me spend ages checking the truck :wink:

Kirk Ella 71:
Just like to say hello and thanks for flashing your lights to me and putting all that effort in just to give me a thumbs down,

Im just a driver not a board member but made me smile to think seeing me had really got your goat haha get a grip :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Looks like you’ve made yourself look a proper bell end.
Think you should think before you open gob.
Now I know why people on here don’t think much of stobart drivers.

This gesture has been around as long as i care to remember, ah well as long as you have your dcpc card your at the top of your game.

Kirk Ella 71:

I guess you know the meaning now kirk,but be carefull,99.9% of drivers of other firms are a bitter bunch,they’d do anything to try to stop us being so successful,was there a cop van,I wouldn’t put it past them/him to be trying to slow you down so you get to your time critical delivery late,thus meaning we would be fined and if it happened enough times loose the contract for poor performance,I’m very suspicious of any help offered by drivers( I use the term drivers loosely) of other companies.
It may seem a bit paranoid,but there out to get us,and they’ll use any means at there disposable to bring our downfall about,just trust your fellow brothers at stobart s,no one else,it’s them and us mate,them and us :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

10-08:

scanny77:

bald bloke:

K5Project:

true but i work backshift/nightshift so i am looking more towards warning people in the dark. waving an arm up and down is an official method though. it is (or was) in the highway code :smiley:

In my book flash+thumbs down means vosa ahead, flash+downwards wave means speed van. Two fingers means stobart driver :laughing:

merc0447:
In my book flash+thumbs down means vosa ahead, flash+downwards wave means speed van. Two fingers means stobart driver :laughing:

LoL mad head

so presumably kirk ella 71 dos’nt warn other truck drivers of mobile speed cameras? :frowning: if he is the new breed of driver,god help us :unamused:

I lol’d. :smiley: :smiley:

carryfast-yeti:
so presumably kirk ella 71 dos’nt warn other truck drivers of mobile speed cameras? :frowning: if he is the new breed of driver,god help us :unamused:

I wondered this too…

I think the modern way as displayed by car drivers is simply to flash headlights several times.

Not as handy as a confirmed thumbs down but better than bugger all and much appreciated.

Kirk Ella 71:

Im just a driver

No. A driver would know what those signals mean instantly. A driver would raise their hand in thanks and proceed with caution. A driver wouldn’t feel the need to share a perceived slight against himself or the company he represents on an internet forum.

Persecution complex, much?

:laughing: :laughing:

thats stobart drivers for you,got there licence from a cornflake packet

Nice to see that Stobart still recruit from the ‘Best of the Best’