Steve Maguire R.I.P. (Maguire's of Cheltenham) & PCM

I thought this sad news deserved a topic of its own, instead of in the model trucks thread,

R.I.P. Steve :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sad news - Top bloke - RIP Steve

sad news.
i remember my brother in law working for him ,when he first needed job.
and it was maguires that give him his first real break

how old was steve, and what was his cause of death, i can pass the sad news on to my brother in law,

Sorry to hear that sad news.Always admired their smart fleet.Used to see them up this way quite often loading from the quarries. RIP Steve.

Remember Steve driveing for Oldacres in Bishops Cleeve and then starting with his brother on their own.R.I.P Steve

Thatā€™ so sad. Last time I saw Steve was early 1980s, both loading Fishmeal out of Sharpness docks. I was envying his new Daf 3600 ( me in the old B-series with 265 RR.)
He told me it wasnā€™t as good as he had expected it to be, whereupon I offered to drive it for him. He told me I was too old & too ugly to drive for Maguireā€™s!

Sad news,
I was very friendly with Steve for the last thirty years.
He started hauling for Oldacers, in Bishops Cleve with a new Volvo F10 + tipping trailer.
I was hauling animal feed from Oldacers, which we were selling in the Llandovery area.
I had a new Volvo F10 in Aug 1978. When I went to Oldacers with it, Steve liked it so much after driving it around the yard. He soon bought his first new lorry - a Volvo F10.
After they ended their haulage business, - Steve went into selling lorry models online and in the truck shows. He was always in the Carmarthen Truck Show with his van - and stand.
R.I.P. Steve ā€” from Hywel.

Sad news,

R.I.P Steve

R.I.P Steve , my dad worked for him, a ok bloke even if he did bollock one saturday morning for not cleaning dads truck to his standards , maguires set the standads for many

rip mr maguire a legend of gloucester hauliers gone to heaven rip

Maguires always had Cheltenham on the door Graham, were they based at Gloucester.

altitude:
Maguires always had Cheltenham on the door Graham, were they based at Gloucester.

I think they were based near Teweksbury John.
Cheers Dave.

Cheltenham/Tewkesbury area, matey.
I think Graham meant ā€œGloucestershireā€.

Retired Old ā– ā– ā– ā– :
Cheltenham/Tewkesbury area, matey.
I think Graham meant ā€œGloucestershireā€.

John is a Gloucestershire man Casey.
Cheers Dave.

Started off in Hempstead then moved to Tewksbury near edgewicks

Started off in Hempstead then in Tewksbury if memory serves me right. Sorry double post

graham schroeder:
Started off in Hempstead then in Tewksbury if memory serves me right. Sorry double post

Got you Graham I never did know where they were from, for some reson I thought Bishops Cleeve donā€™t know why. So the Cheltenham bit was maybe an office.

From Model Truck World site: I can now confirm that Steveā€™s Funeral will be held on Friday 16th November at 11.30am. St Michaels Church, Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham. Due to Cheltenham Races being on the same day please leave plenty of time to get into the village. Everybody is welcome, even if you personally never met Steve, please come and support me and my children, we want to give him a MASSIVE send off, Thx a Million xxxx

They had some great looking motors (Iā€™ve got one, a Corgi 1:50 of something, in the loft), but wasnā€™t the money a bit poor?