Steve Maguire R.I.P. (Maguire's of Cheltenham) & PCM

Muckaway:
They had some great looking motors (I’ve got one, a Corgi 1:50 of something, in the loft), but wasn’t the money a bit poor?

:open_mouth:

Muckaway:
They had some great looking motors (I’ve got one, a Corgi 1:50 of something, in the loft), but wasn’t the money a bit poor?

I will pay you a tenner for the model Nathan.

Muckaway:

Poor?
17% of nothing- same as the rest of the bulk tipper fleets!

altitude:

graham schroeder:
Started off in Hempstead then in Tewksbury if memory serves me right. Sorry double post

Got you Graham I never did know where they were from, for some reson I thought Bishops Cleeve don’t know why. So the Cheltenham bit was maybe an office.

Correct think offices where ran from bishops Cleeve I know a few past drivers curtains bash adie terry cole I also worked for PCM agency set up by Steve before modalling

I also know a few ex Maguires drivers that have nothing but good words about Steve. Alan ‘tex’ Walker, Barry ‘noddy’ holder, Dave ‘Keyop’ Burley all started with no experience and Steve gave them a chance. In their own words, they owe him everything. Apparently making sure your paperwork was correct was the first thing drummed into them! Hard but fair and woe betide anyone who didn’t wash their truck at the end of the week :smiley:

graham schroeder:

altitude:

graham schroeder:
Started off in Hempstead then in Tewksbury if memory serves me right. Sorry double post

Got you Graham I never did know where they were from, for some reson I thought Bishops Cleeve don’t know why. So the Cheltenham bit was maybe an office.

Correct think offices where ran from bishops Cleeve I know a few past drivers curtains bash adie terry cole I also worked for PCM agency set up by Steve before modalling

First time I ever saw a Maguire motor was at/near Grundons at Bishops’ Cleeve; Think it was a Daf 3■■? or other.

talking to my brother in law
theres going to be a good turn out of trucks to send him off

graham schroeder:

the yard was oldacres in bishops cleeve. it all started from there. steves mums house was the office which was in the village of bishops cleeve. the first truck in the tipper fleet was WOK462T a VOLVO F10 with a 2 axle rothdean tipper. paul maguire drove that as steve was driving a 6 wheel rigid merc flatbed for oldacres at that time. i will always remember steves huge smile when ralph davies pulled up outside our mums house in his scania 142. 10 mins later steve was the proud owner of it. reg number BHA142Y. what a truck it was. its so nice to see the comments left about steve. just a village lad who loved trucks.