Squires fryers rd bloxwich

anybody have any more pictures or info on this firm?

Are they still goingâ– â– ?

Remember their Atki Borderers well , i believe they may have hauled for Legge Locks , regards Keith .

richellis78:

Funnily enough, I was wondering about this firm the other day, when I was diverted down the A34 from Cannock to Walsall because the M6 was shut. I worked for them on the agency for a while in 2001, when I first got my class 1. My only real memories of the place are driving flats for the first time and nearly dropping a curtainsider full of palletised beer on its knees because I didn’t know enough back then to pull the pin last of all when dropping a trailer …
As far as I remember, I drove EC series ERFs for them, although I might be wrong. No idea whether they’re still there, but it’s a long time since I’ve seen any of their motors about the place.

Rhythm Thief:

richellis78:

Funnily enough, I was wondering about this firm the other day, when I was diverted down the A34 from Cannock to Walsall because the M6 was shut. I worked for them on the agency for a while in 2001, when I first got my class 1. My only real memories of the place are driving flats for the first time and nearly dropping a curtainsider full of palletised beer on its knees because I didn’t know enough back then to pull the pin last of all when dropping a trailer …
As far as I remember, I drove EC series ERFs for them, although I might be wrong. No idea whether they’re still there, but it’s a long time since I’ve seen any of their motors about the place.

Saw one of their motors today an EC on containers but they are light blue and white colours now.

Nice to see some ERFs still in use!

Not sure these are the same firm! According to discussions on the “firms around Walsall” thread some time ago, Waggsie spoke of E Squires & Sons being taken over by Hargrieves. He also mentioned a Squires with light blue motors, next to the Pinfold, opposite the swimming baths, so could be them. I used to do a bit of work for E Squires & Sons, back in the day & very good they were, but I finished in the mid '90s so am only guessing now! Perhaps someone still around there will know for sure. :neutral_face:

E Squire was taken over by Hargreaves, Squires (light blue and white) are a separate company, I do believe they are related, I think they were brothers if I remember correctly, Hargreaves are on the old E Squire site in Fryers Road Bloxwich and Squires (blue and white) are on The Pinfold, High Street Bloxwich behind a car wash, they have been on that site for as long as I can remember and that’s a long way back.

thanks, I was over at RHP Telford last week taking some photos in the yard, and the chap there said Squires had one of there old EC’s, Ill give them a ring tomorrow and see if I can arrange to go over and get some piccys.
Its Barry Squires IIR

richellis78:
thanks, I was over at RHP Telford last week taking some photos in the yard, and the chap there said Squires had one of there old EC’s, Ill give them a ring tomorrow and see if I can arrange to go over and get some piccys.
Its Barry Squires IIR

Here’s my cr4ppy through the gate at the weekend snap…

Thats the ex-RHP Transport one I think

Yes it is.

I will post a few from my visit today, but a link to the full set on Flickr can be seen with this link…

SONY DSC by richellis1978, on Flickr

richellis78:
I will post a few from my visit today, but a link to the full set on Flickr can be seen with this link…
Squires Transport Bloxwich | Flickr

Fantastic looking motors, i really like their livery. Another die hard ERF operator getting the most out of the hardy EC series. Ive got the upmost respect for the firms still running these older lorries and keeping them looking as good as any new vehicle on the road.
Hope the ex-RHP & Chamberlain EC’s get the same treatment.
M E Ayres of Norfolk still run an imaculate fleet of EC’s and have recentley bought some 2cnd hand ECX’s to add to the fleet. The one non ERF is a DAF CF.
Nice pics Richellis! :smiley:

Hi there does anyone have any pics of the squires motors from bloxwich! i have a few ill upload now

any one remeber pip jones, robin jones andy jones, all was on 4 squires for many years! my dad is pip working for peter greedy in light blue man motors out of w.s.m now andy and robin both working for gills on the outskirts on wolvo?

Could you put these on B’ham and Black Country thread. It might stir some memories.

scan0001.jpg

scan0004.jpg

1 Like