so its a pay cut then

told one of ours had got a 60 pound fine of of vosa under those new fines theyve bought in, so hes taken a 10% pay cut this week, what was he doing, his job, who else gets fined for doing there job :unamused: ,twice this week saw vosa stopping trucks in places ive not seen them before, makes you wonder

What was the offence?

What was the fine for.

All jobs carry a certain responsibility, if a plumber comes to your house and leaves a gas leak he could get five years in jail though he never meant to blow you up.

We drive vehicles with moving parts and electrics that could fail at any time though so some of these fines are a joke but perhaps Vosa will raise enough income to start enforcing the WTD or get more staff to raise more money from more spot fines.

ady1:
twice this week saw vosa stopping trucks in places ive not seen them before

Strange you should say that.They were out on the A9 at Slochd Summit,about 15 miles south of Inverness,this morning.Never ever seen them there in 25 years of driving the A9.Do they use ANPR cameras? There was a car(Galaxy,I think) parked on the side of the road 3 or 4 miles before the checkpoint.The tailgate was open,but it did seem to have a camera mounted on the roof.There was an Astra-type van parked with it.
When I got to the checkpoint,all the signs were out,but the only vehicle in there was the fuel-testing unit.Didn’t see any operatives.

Your going to see them more and more now and you’ll be pulled more often.

They have a 15 million ÂŁ budget deficit that they have to raise, who do you think they will find easier to fine, us or the multitude of european drivers. Yes us Brits

ady1:
told one of ours had got a 60 pound fine of of vosa under those new fines theyve bought in, so hes taken a 10% pay cut this week, what was he doing, his job, who else gets fined for doing there job :unamused: ,twice this week saw vosa stopping trucks in places ive not seen them before, makes you wonder

I’ve only been fined once in 15 years of lorry driving which was for not having a numberplate on and was for £30. At the end of the day, I chose to go out without it and I could’ve refused.

The point being that the reason he got a ÂŁ60 fine off VOSA IS BECAUSE HE CHOSE TO DO SOMETHING THAT BROKE THE LAW AND GOT CAUGHT

End of.

the vosa van ans white astra would have been checking and calibrating the weigh in motion sensors that are across the road at the sloch summat, they were doing the same at forfar bypass on wed morning, only reason i know is as i was takin into stirling weighbrige for a check and i asked the guy there and he said they were checking and calibrating all the weigh in sensors at the roadside in scotland this week

ady1:

obviously he wasnt doing his job, he was doing something wrong and got caught.

as a “proffesional driver” he should be legal. as im sure we all are ( :blush: walks off whistling with hands in pockets :blush: )

this isnt me being a fully paid up member of the ‘holier than thou brigade’, most of us that do have slight defects or whatever just aint been caught :wink: :wink:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

They have a 15 million ÂŁ budget deficit that they have to raise, who do you think they will find easier to fine, us or the multitude of european drivers. Yes us Brits

The on the spot fines and immobilisation powers are there soley for the foreign drivers. If you have a valid UK address and can prove it then you still retain the right to 28 days to pay or whatever it is.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … fines.html

Highlander:

ady1:
twice this week saw vosa stopping trucks in places ive not seen them before

Strange you should say that.They were out on the A9 at Slochd Summit,about 15 miles south of Inverness,this morning.Never ever seen them there in 25 years of driving the A9.Do they use ANPR cameras? There was a car(Galaxy,I think) parked on the side of the road 3 or 4 miles before the checkpoint.The tailgate was open,but it did seem to have a camera mounted on the roof.There was an Astra-type van parked with it.
When I got to the checkpoint,all the signs were out,but the only vehicle in there was the fuel-testing unit.Didn’t see any operatives.

I seen them too. They did have a camera on top of the silver galaxy although the guy who was standing there at the back with the tailgate open was in civvies. looked like a wee anpr camera pointing at the road. The galaxy had an amber strobe lightbar on the roof. I thought it may have been a speed trap at first but I doubt it

Drove a coach bast the Stirling checkpoint the direction lights were lit but the trucks were driving on past .Point is do you have to drive in to the slaughter if no one directs you?

alamcculloch:
Drove a coach bast the Stirling checkpoint the direction lights were lit but the trucks were driving on past .Point is do you have to drive in to the slaughter if no one directs you?

No place for your punters to go while they are hammering I mean checking you and the vehicle so they can’t pull you in. Just sail on past although if you’re coming from the perth end then best not be using over ride on that wee down hill bit after the R/A lol

alamcculloch:

No,

tofer:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

The on the spot fines and immobilisation powers are there soley for the foreign drivers. If you have a valid UK address and can prove it then you still retain the right to 28 days to pay or whatever it is.

So why was I told when I got pulled at coquelles by a traffic examiner when he pointed out a mistake on my tacho, which was writing my start place in the wrong place and scribbling it out to rectify it, that when the new fixed penalties came out I there was a good chance of having a fine for it.

Our friends go to town on the coaches at the nearby safari park,Idont mind too much as drivers are given a ÂŁ6.oo voucher for food.Vosa seem to be 1 step below God Almighty no doubt they will hammer his chariot 1 day.

funny, i was going to post a subject along the lines of “Are VOSA on annual leave” as out and about driving i have not seen the cars about for 3 weeks now and i cover a fair bit of the east and midlands trucking.

It was only yesterday as i went past sawtry weighbridge on A1M i saw 2 of them (just like buses) driving southbound towards sawtry and their was another VOSA car already at sawtry,and then again today at bingham weighbridge on the A52,VOSA guy was standing outside the enterance with his cap on.

He didnt look like the sort of guy you’d argue with either :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: the VOSA car was further up the road, as i passed him he pulled into a lay by behind a flat bed artic carrying cement beams which i assume was having a tacho break…or he may of just parked their watching for vict…sorry…sorry… :blush: :blush: :blush: trucks coming from grantham to the A52/A46 roundabout. :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

So i cant say (yet) i have seen any extra VOSA activity as they try to plug the pension black hole :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

So what did they spend that goverment ÂŁ20 million funding on then :question: apart from some new flashy cars :confused: :confused: :confused:

But if memory serves me correctlty i am sure geebee45 said they dont/have no need to send wheel tappers out just to fund a new test centre/the purchase of new pens etc as all there money come from the tax payer,the wheel tappers dont (i hope :wink: ) sit round the table end of the week and see who’s made the most money from fines so they can see who’s buying the first round down the pub…

“the beers are on me lads” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

tofer:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

The on the spot fines and immobilisation powers are there soley for the foreign drivers.

Thats incorrect. Its true that the law/legislation has been widened to apply to foreign drivers as well as us, but the same law applies to all of us.

tofer:
If you have a valid UK address and can prove it then you still retain the right to 28 days to pay or whatever it is.

Yeah, if you have a proveable UK address then you can opt to go to court, wheras if you are a ‘foreigner’ you’ll have to pay a deposit. Thats the only difference.

Conor:

ady1:

The point being that the reason he got a ÂŁ60 fine off VOSA IS BECAUSE HE CHOSE TO DO SOMETHING THAT BROKE THE LAW AND GOT CAUGHT

End of.

exactly. they dont stop and fine you for fun, there has to be a reason for it

euromat:

Conor:

ady1:

End of.

exactly. they dont stop and fine you for fun, there has to be a reason for it

You’re both right guys. And that fine could be for something as dangerous as having an aftermarket dash shelf fitted.