SNT's new toy

Legalities aside I do reckon its a fantastic job by van Vijnkoop, no sign of the join at all, would like to see photos of it being converted. Think its them that have recently made some ‘new’ T cabs for a select few. Theres no money in transport remember.

hanson:

chester1:

the maoster:

Mattwoodtransport:
Surely WWW has got one?

Matt

Not a cat in hells chance will he. They cross the water and Johnny foreigner plod would nail him to the wall as soon as he got off the boat.

Why will plod get him over the water?

Yeah why there are lots of t cabs pulling standard trailers around europe seen a few of these big scanias aswell

Yeh I know there is a firm about an hour and a bit south of Calais just before the scrap yard on the left has a few of these and a few T cabs on full size cattle floats . I did read a few years there is a dispensation as long as running full size trailers does not account for more than a certain percentage of your work

Mattwoodtransport:
I’d already googled the weight this morn, and in an add for one for sale it said 12 ton- which frankly seems hard to believe, I think the salesman has misread the chassis plate :slight_smile:

I drive an r620 double drive topline and it weighs 11 ton.
Somehow I’d say that is quite a bit more than 12 ton.
Have to say I’d love it though, the room would be fantastic.
Not very practical though. We are over length and weight most of the time as it is.
Another meter on the length wouldn’t help matters on tight roads.

Radar19:
Any pics of the inside?

Not sure where they got it from as it’s RHD, I like it, as someone else said it would be good to relax the regulations to allow trucks like this with decent living space to be allowed

the maoster:

chester1:

the maoster:

Mattwoodtransport:
Surely WWW has got one?

Matt

Not a cat in hells chance will he. They cross the water and Johnny foreigner plod would nail him to the wall as soon as he got off the boat.

Why will plod get him over the water?

Because Whites pull 26 pallet fridges which would make the whole outfit overlength, and the foreign police are very zealous when it comes to enforcing the law.

really I have only ever seen the tape come out in two countries.Switzerland and Romania. plenty of Tcabs (same chassis as the longline ) over there with 13.6 trailers even see them running in Germany (never seen on German plates tho)

nickyboy:

Radar19:
Any pics of the inside?

Not sure where they got it from as it’s RHD, I like it, as someone else said it would be good to relax the regulations to allow trucks like this with decent living space to be allowed

Think it started out as a normal topliner & had it extended by a Dutch firm?

Jacko123:

nickyboy:

Radar19:
Any pics of the inside?

Think it started out as a normal topliner & had it extended by a Dutch firm?

correct

For what was spent on this, or probably less, you could have had the whole back, of a regular sleeper unit turned into a motorhome type slideout that extends flush to the trailer headboard when you park up and slide the fifth wheel right back.

That would give at least the same space, if not more, and be totally legal, of course no-one else would know it was anything special…

If they employ 25 drivers and under pay them by 100 quid a week, then it would only take two years to pay for the monstrosity. Bargain. Where do I get an application?

I like the scatter cushions.

nodding donkey:
I like the scatter cushions.

I notice on the “what do I need for tramping” threads, scatter cushions are never mentioned. A must for every driver if you ask me.

I like his cowboy hat.

Do you reckon he’s got a banjo and a crossbow too?

chester1:
really I have only ever seen the tape come out in two countries.Switzerland and Romania. plenty of Tcabs (same chassis as the longline ) over there with 13.6 trailers even see them running in Germany (never seen on German plates tho)

have only seen a dutch xxl volvo with a regular fridge in germany, never a t-cab. actually the only country that doesn’t seem too fussy about length is france.

milodon:

chester1:

have only seen a dutch xxl volvo with a regular fridge in germany, never a t-cab. actually the only country that doesn’t seem too fussy about length is france.

Germany iant too fussed on length either we often run at 15m with out permits on standard trailers. only when we stick it on extenable trailers does the game change

eagerbeaver:
I like his cowboy hat.
?

I ain’t casting aspersions on the firm in question, but maybe it’s part of the uniform :smiley:

All that room and it hasnt even got a bed ! I end up sleeping on the settee enough at home so i.m ■■■■■■ if i am in a truck as well :open_mouth: :laughing:

chaversdad:
All that room and it hasnt even got a bed ! I end up sleeping on the settee enough at home so i.m [zb] if i am in a truck as well :open_mouth: :laughing:

That’s because they aren’t allowed to sleep, that motor needs paid for :smiley:

milodon:

chester1:

See this guy in Dunkirk many times, he says he has never been pulled for being over length

chaversdad:
All that room and it hasnt even got a bed ! I end up sleeping on the settee enough at home so i.m [zb] if i am in a truck as well :open_mouth: :laughing:

The bed drops down, underside of it is where the airbrushing is.