SNT's new toy

Well, I don’t care what you say…I want one!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Not seen inside but bet it’s got massive bed to spread out on!!!

How much are these bad lads? Ever seen one for sale showing price?

Surely WWW has got one?

Matt

Mattwoodtransport:
Surely WWW has got one?

Matt

Not a cat in hells chance will he. They cross the water and Johnny foreigner plod would nail him to the wall as soon as he got off the boat.

When u say 900mm you make it sound like it’s not much but it’s still nearly 3 ft over length and let’s cut the crap about length limits been changed because they havnt. Certain companies are running longer trl on a permit that’s all
Must admit though I do like it looks well bet there’s shed loads of room inside. Only gripe is with a cab like that u stand out for length checks from this gustapo sorry Vosa

Any pics of the inside?

Operators using longer semi-trailers will need to apply to the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) for Vehicle Special Orders (VSOs) which legally allows the operation in commercial service of the longer semi-trailers.

The Longer trailer trials apply to just that, Trailers.

These are still illegal for pulling full length trailers in, I am surprised Mr DVSA hasn’t been on to them like a tonne of ■■■■. Just look at how quick they jumped on Denby’s when they pulled out the yard with 2 trailers on.

the lst trailer are approved on set routes too aren’t they?

personally don’t like it, doesn’t look right as a flat fronted cab to me ( prefer the yank look ).

war1974:
the lst trailer are approved on set routes too aren’t they?

personally don’t like it, doesn’t look right as a flat fronted cab to me ( prefer the yank look ).

No, the LST’s can go on any route. They may need a seperate risk assessment to confirm there is room to spin/reverse due to the rear steer/swing, but the only requirement is a permit.

Must agree with you about the flat front, but then again, I am not a fan of Bling/Tang etc. so it’s not really something I would look twice at.

the maoster:

Mattwoodtransport:
Surely WWW has got one?

Matt

Not a cat in hells chance will he. They cross the water and Johnny foreigner plod would nail him to the wall as soon as he got off the boat.

Why will plod get him over the water?

I think it looks the part.And also respect to them that its out working to earn its keep.Shame the wages are not the best but how many on here would drive it if the wages were right i wonder because i would drive it.

Colin_scottish:
I think it looks the part.And also respect to them that its out working to earn its keep.Shame the wages are not the best but how many on here would drive it if the wages were right i wonder because i would drive it.

I wouldn’t, its illegal with a 45ft trailer on.

What’s the weight of the thing compared to a “normal” cab? It looks like it’ll be quite a bit more. Surely that reduces the amount of cargo he can carry or risk going overweight.

I’d already googled the weight this morn, and in an add for one for sale it said 12 ton- which frankly seems hard to believe, I think the salesman has misread the chassis plate :slight_smile:

chester1:

the maoster:

Mattwoodtransport:
Surely WWW has got one?

Matt

Because Whites pull 26 pallet fridges which would make the whole outfit overlength, and the foreign police are very zealous when it comes to enforcing the law.

What have wages got to do with driving an extra length unit, the trailers are the same length, that drivers are pulling now for the same money, same as the extra length containers, a driver should welcome the extra space as i would and if i had the money to spare, i would buy one, and run it on uk roads as well as european ones…so good luck to the owner/driver of this smart piece of kit.

truckyboy:
What have wages got to do with driving an extra length unit, the trailers are the same length, that drivers are pulling now for the same money, same as the extra length containers, a driver should welcome the extra space as i would and if i had the money to spare, i would buy one, and run it on uk roads as well as european ones…so good luck to the owner/driver of this smart piece of kit.

Think they meant some star drivers would accept or put up with lower wages for driving it.
I can just see you truckyboy driving that…hiding behind yer frilly curtains and stinking it out with the roll ups :laughing:

Now now truckyboy the drivers at snt get poor wages but the boss man will go and spend maybe 200+grand on this longline.Now i know some of them guys are on 380-400pw would you want that for max hours most days to get a shiny truck i think you would not

Colin_scottish:
Now now truckyboy the drivers at snt get poor wages but the boss man will go and spend maybe 200+grand on this longline.Now i know some of them guys are on 380-400pw would you want that for max hours most days to get a shiny truck i think you would not

Suppose its better than poor money and poor truck,snt motors are bang on if you are young ,no ties and lorry barmy,i would have loved it 22yrs since :wink:

Not for me, maybe when I was about 10 years old dreaming of driving a big truck on the wide open road but not now, then again I’ve never fought over driving a T-cab either, more hassle than it’s worth really.

It would make a nice show truck though if that’s your thing.

chester1:

the maoster:

Mattwoodtransport:
Surely WWW has got one?

Matt

Yeah why there are lots of t cabs pulling standard trailers around europe seen a few of these big scanias aswell