Slow Server

Simon:

Rob K:

Simon:
Or the simple fact that Rikki knows you’re talking out your arse, just to hear yourself talk.

And you know what exactly about servers Simon? Clearly nothing from the comment. :unamused:

I don’t need to know a lot about servers to know you talk [zb] most of the time.

Oh stfu Simon. You’ve got nothing worthwhile to contribute to the thread so you’ve just decided to try and aggravate me instead - pathetic and you of all people should know better. :unamused:

Contrary to your earlier comment “Rikki knows you’re talking out of your arse”, Rikki actually knows the exact opposite as he is well aware of mine and my brother’s hosting company of 10 years.

This thread is starting to descend into personal attacks, and discussion of other websites … both of which are against the rules …

Keep this thread civil and on topic or it and all the others on the same subject will be locked and I will make a locked thread given details as and when I have updates on the situation.

If you simply want to play games and ■■■■ people off go elsewhere and do it.

As I stated before you have been told everything i can tell you, and I will update you all when I know more myself.

Rikki-UK:
This thread is starting to descend into personal attacks, and discussion of other websites … both of which are against the rules …

Keep this thread civil and on topic or it and all the others on the same subject will be locked and I will make a locked thread given details as and when I have updates on the situation.

As I stated before you have been told everything i can tell you, and I will update you all when I know more myself.

I can not believe you said this and then quote the forum rules.

Rikki-UK:

Ive got the solution to all your problems. If you dont like the way the site is run or how the servers are behaving then just have a few days/weeks/months/years away fron the site,untill you feel able to come back.

Noone forces anyone to read or post on these forums,so simply if your not enjoying it why do it??

and everybody has real lives away from trucknet right??

Rikki-UK:
As it happens it was my 3 year old sons birthday today and while it was a close call to decide wether to spend the day with him, or carry on saying the same things to people who evidently cant take it in, I chose the former.

and for note:

I have told you all that I know , and done what is within my capabilities to do.
Now you all can continue to waffle on and complain, but it wont make the problem get fixed any quicker.

When I have some more news or updates I will post in here, but be warned that will probably be Monday at the earliest…

Have a nice weekend, :wink:

Thank you for that information.

I just find it very strange that all RBI other sites seem fine.

Is it because they generate money ?

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
Thank you for that information.

I just find it very strange that all RBI other sites seem fine.

http://www.roadtransport.com

Is it because they generate money ?

I find a lot of things strange, like how some people post in threads without reading them… :wink: :wink: :wink:

Or it could still be hosted on American servers, probably even TruckNets servers, while they sort out the requirements and software to host the site on RBI’s servers as has been mentioned in the past.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’ve worked in the computer industry for the past 37 years which is just before the internet arrived!

RIKKI-UK has my complete sympathy, trying to resolve problems out of her control is frustrating to say the least.

Why not try and view this problem as a traffic jam, you must wait 'til the traffic gets moving once more, you may not be able to see what the problem is but it will go away soon(ish)

I learn’t a long time ago, you need patience with computers or perhaps it’s an age thing!

Stu

I don’t know why but this is happening to me - I keep getting ‘internet explorer cannot show the webpage’ for trucknetuk and the only way I can seem to get it back is to open a new page and quickly go to here - refreshing or clicking the favouries link will not get the site back :exclamation:
If I keep ‘dancing’ around the site it will stay but if I keep on one page too long I lose the site connection

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PS - noticed that TRUCKNET was not having the same probs as TrucknetUK

jeeeeeeeesus. just took me 3 attempts to reply to this.

anyway rog… ur right. also trucknet usa loads straight away…
thought they were on the same server? could be wrong there mind.

ohterry:
jeeeeeeeesus. just took me 3 attempts to reply to this.

:open_mouth: Blimey, I once had a computer like that… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing::wink::grimacing:

Just a quick update,
Brian the tech guy has now managed to get us and Truck.Net USA onto 2 temporary connections , there should be a noticable speeding up off the website It may slow down when T/Net USA reaches its peak times or it may drop back to the speed it was at before if there are more problems ( I sincerely hope not but no guarentees). :blush:

NOTE: This is still low bandwidth so we will still have some periods when the website is very slow or times out, especially during the busy times, (both for us and the USA)

It will not be up to full speed until we get the new Fibre connection, Brian has been assured that this will happen next week. :exclamation:

Until then I ask that you continue to be as patient as possible. :wink:

I am now off to enjoy whats left of my Saturday :bulb:

NOTE: This is still low bandwidth

Thats the problem then, trucknetuk’s bandwidth is being throttled back :question: Getting to to many hits ,thats the problem with a shared server…

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Rikki-UK:

I can not believe you said this and then quote the forum rules.

Rikki-UK:

not wishing to be pedantic but he quoted the rules and then said that :laughing:

But he is the boss and is allowed to change the rules to suite

As Rikki stated in the past, RBI is working on rebuilding the entire UK site onto their own servers and network. But as with the US website many do not realize how much of a task that is outside of just the forums.

For your information UK and US sites are on different servers but the same network with battery and generator backup and fibre connection. My fibre connection (as you hosting company members will note) is a dual sonet ring configuration in case of a break in the ring the problem can be routed around.

The only weakness in this setup is the connection from our location to the sonet ring networks. Well, some idiot not paying attention to his duties damaged my fibre connection between our location and the sonet ring network.

To top that off I find that both groups that manage the fibre have had mass layoffs due to the economy and are quite short handed of fibre techs to make the repairs but are the only ones allowed to touch it.

So, I have had an emergency temporary connection put in place which I have maxed out, and so put in a second one.

Instead of Rikki doing the jumping up and down and screaming to get the problem resolved it has been I that has done that to push it along as well as contacting several politicians in the area to place added pressure and understanding of the importance that this issue be resolved.

I have dual homed the US and UK websites on both networks to try and relieve the bottle necks and slow loading times of those sites as they have taken priority over the 40+ machines I have hosted here.

The UK and the US sites are never throttled except for the max capacity of my current temporary connections. If the site becomes extremely slow again then that will be a good sign as that the final repair will be completed in about 24 hours of that happening as that means my fibre is finally being repaired and the network being prepared to be rerouted over it again.

In the meantime, I do apologize for the agony it has caused many of you and please understand that I am doing all that I can to ensure the problem is not only resolved quickly but also a long term fix.

It is easy to say that it would be easier to move the site but considering the size of the site and lack of bandwidth - it would not be that easy at this time that is why Rikki has made the decision to ride out the storm until it is fixed and then let RBI finish the move to their servers.

I hope this helps explain that Rikki nor I have neglected our duties to the site, servers, etc. But have rather made the best decisions we could under the circumstances for the long term benefit of the site.

Brian Christman
Systems Administrator, Truck.Net

PS: I have been told the repairs will be completed no later than Friday. And if you think we’ve been waiting there is another company that has been waiting 90 days for their fibre connnection to be completed. So, needless to say we are being fasttracked and I am working to resolve communication problems between our fibre companies and providers to improve response time and problem resolution than have been experienced in the past.

OLT:
But he is the boss and is allowed to change the rules to suite

Actually you meant,
She is the boss and is allowed to change the rules to suite :smiley:

Teatree wrote;

RIKKI-UK has my complete sympathy, trying to resolve problems out of her control is frustrating to say the least.

anyway, my pc is up and working fine now. :wink:

site is ok with me now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi techman, Good on yer mate. :grimacing:

Also, I’d like to add my thanks, not only for fixing it, but for taking the trouble to come on here and explain it to us. :smiley:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: I hope you realise that your actions will have an effect on some members, since they’ll now have to find something else to write about. :wink:

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN. :smiley:

Thanks for taking the time out to explain. I understand the problems your having and hope it all gets sorted soon.