Slow cookers

Anyone use them. What do you cook in them

I love mine but its a proper kitchen one. Cassaroles, stews, mince anything really. Throw all the stuff in before you leave for work and when you get back you’ll have a nice hot filling dinner.

As above, got 3, curries, bolognaise, stews, pork, chicken, gammon, beef, rice.

Anything goes.

I use mine every day and its on a timer. On facebook check out slow cooker saddos

They are great for cawl, hot pot, stew etc :smiley:

Amen to all that. Great piece of kit as you can leave it bubbling gently for hours while you get on with more interesting things. No chance of anything burning or getting stuck to the bottom of the pan. If you make too much of whatever it is you are cooking, just bag it and freeze it.

Cook beef in mine,seal it in the pan first then spoon some bovril on it.make gravy out of what’s left in the pot.

devonlad2009:
I use mine every day and its on a timer. On facebook check out slow cooker saddos

THIS ^^^

We have THREE!!! :open_mouth:

One small and one large at home. And then one in our caravan.

There’s more ‘can cook’ with them, than ‘can’t’.

Pizzas, bread, full English breakfasts, whole chickens FROM FROZEN too! :open_mouth: Lasagne… All I can think of ATM…

stew,stew,and more stew :smiley:

oh, and got to be suet dumplings!! :slight_smile:

Goldfinger:

devonlad2009:

THIS ^^^

Pizzas, bread, full English breakfasts, whole chickens FROM FROZEN too! :open_mouth: Lasagne… All I can think of ATM…

Pizza ■■? In a slow cooker ■■? Really how?? I need to know :smiley:

Sausage Casserole, Chicken Stew, beef, lamb, soup, jacket potatoes in foil, etc, etc-Slow Cookers are Great !

Does anyone know if you can buy one for the cab, plug it it in, seal the lid & 9 hours later YUM !

martinviking:
Sausage Casserole, Chicken Stew, beef, lamb, soup, jacket potatoes in foil, etc, etc-Slow Cookers are Great !

Does anyone know if you can buy one for the cab, plug it it in, seal the lid & 9 hours later YUM !

You can but they aren’t that good. Better off getting an inverter and using a proper one.

Radar19:

martinviking:

You can but they aren’t that good. Better off getting an inverter and using a proper one.

I might give that a go, when I get my tractor back.

angof1497:
oh, and got to be suet dumplings!! :slight_smile:

+1, but I still like to bake the tops of the dumplings in a conventional oven. Chilli con carne is divine if cooked one day then reheated the next IMO

martinviking:

Man alive I wouldn’t be able to have one in the cab with me, imagine the smell! I would be pulling my hair out wanting to eat it every time I go in the cab! That’s one of the good things with walking in at night to find it ready to go: the smell as you walk in the door! :smiley: Having it sat with me all day in the cab… I couldn’t. I dare not!

Any cheapo/knockdown joint, jointed, chunked, cubed or minced meat, a handful o’ seasonal veggies (ie, root veg this time o’ year), a chopped onion, seasoning, a stock cube of preference and - obviously - an 1/8th of a teaspoon of Mr Naga Chilli Pickle

Tip a tin of party left-over Guinness or date expired Blue Stripe lager over that lot, ignore for half a dozen hours plus (or a work-shift) und voila

I’m avoiding spuds & empty-ish carb’s in general (as that’s what’s getting my cholesterol down) but suit yourself & add them or white rice, fibre-less pasta, etc, if you’re in the “carb’s are essential” school of dietary myth

Best consumed alongside good company in slurping bibs & spork each, in that day’s pants, telly ‘on’ - with a tin of pineapple chunks for afters.

Qualiteeee :smiley:

Thinking of getting one and running it off an inverter myself now after reading this lot! :smiley:

love my slow cooker have asked to be added on the slow cooker saddos as for me the more I can do the better :sunglasses:

Goldfinger:

devonlad2009:

THIS ^^^

bewildered!
how do you cook pizza and full English in a slow cooker or are you just taking the ■■■■?