short film

Hey everyone,

I’m allan, a 30 year old artist/photographer from stirlingshire but im also an aspiring film maker. I also hold a class 2 licence and worked in the industry for a few years on transporters/general haulage, got alot of years in warehousing/forklift driving etc.

Bascially for my first short film i thought do something i have real interest in and thats being on the road and trucks in general. the aim of my film would be to find out about the men behind the wheel, their stories, find interesting characters, what you do when not driving,skills/talents /passions /aspirations you have basically to show who truck drivers are, try show the men & women behind the wheel and show a different side to what the general public see/think/judge. a lot of which i would be interested in doing on night runs from say carlisle to perth and everthing in between, basically have a chat in and cab and out whenever suits you. I have a vision but wonder if you guys would be interested or know of any interesting characters i could get in touch with.

i appreciate you even taking the time to read this and appreciate that a lot wont be interested but your positive feedback is helpful :slight_smile:

thanks alot
Allan
email allanmcenroe123@aol.com

Do you have a brother that is good at tennis? And throws tantrums.

You cannot be serious?

Be good if i did, maybe he’d fund the film

Haha-good one.

Love to help out, not sure if you could ride in the cab with me. Insurance and all :cry:

Be good to have you on board, no way round the insurance issue you think?

tattooedally:

Fraid’ not. Company policy :frowning:

Switchlogic or Luke Vern is the man for this, Tesco car parks is his thing and a run in with the SAS and MI 5.
Carryfast if you need a world history lecture.

The problem is that driving a truck is boring and watching a film of someone driving a truck is really really boring.

If you ever watched the Eddie Stobart films, you will know how hard they had to work to try to make it even watchable. “Will she get it into that tight space?” “Will he get there on time?”

he could come out with the paddys for a run on trip money…mabey lift him at the cairn,and let him off at carlisle hospital for a change of skiddys? spain and back on the wire…has to be a bit more interesting than life at stobrats. will he take the mirrors off the Tosco at dunragit,will he get pulled into bamber bridge,will they find the wire,and will the magnet fall off. :slight_smile:

Santa:
The problem is that driving a truck is boring and watching a film of someone driving a truck is really really boring.

If you ever watched the Eddie Stobart films, you will know how hard they had to work to try to make it even watchable. “Will she get it into that tight space?” “Will he get there on time?”

It depends on the reference point.For anyone with ‘diesel in their veins’ there really is nothing like a truck with character being driven in its element.In which case it doesn’t get much better than something like this but with the title theme of the Big Country movie for a soundtrack. :bulb: :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=VNlAWh_ENlI

The standard of truck driver’s film making is very poor. You cannot do worse than this bloke. Best of luck.

I’m doing a Glasgow to Larne in a week or so If that helps. (Not in a van either) :wink:

ChrisArbon:
The standard of truck driver’s film making is very poor. You cannot do worse than this bloke. Best of luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjhJszrjLrk

cheers :slight_smile: although i’ll be filming not the driving or a mounted dash cam

Santa:

Yeah i mean, it’s as boring as your imagination is and a matter of the angle your filming from in terms of what the films is about. stobarts is showing you ‘the job’ my film is about the people,interesting characters,their lives outside the job, while they do the job. filmed really well will create a feel. maybe hard to grasp if your not creatively minded, not sure.

Carryfast:

Santa:

It depends on the reference point.For anyone with ‘diesel in their veins’ there really is nothing like a truck with character being driven in its element.In which case it doesn’t get much better than something like this but with the title theme of the Big Country movie for a soundtrack. :bulb: :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=VNlAWh_ENlI

I agree and this is the type of people i am trying to track down and hope to film, not your average guy, just doing the job. quirky characters and/or people with a story to tell, this is what im after, not so much filming the job but the person chatting, while on the road ,a points you know. thanks for the input :slight_smile:

Radar19:

tattooedally:

Can a person who is a passenger not get their own insurance, without getting others involved? Thus, sorted.

Goldilox:

Radar19:

tattooedally:

Can a person who is a passenger not get their own insurance, without getting others involved? Thus, sorted.

Assuming the vehicle is insured then all and any passenger(s) are automatically insured. Anybody who says otherwise is talking bollox.

Company policy on the other hand is quite within its rights to state no passengers. It’s their train set so there aint a great deal you can do about it.

Sounds like a amateur version of Eddie sobarts.good luck with it

noney82:
Sounds like a amateur version of Eddie sobarts.good luck with it