Scania 140 141 142 143 T cabbed trucks

Hi there is there any one out there with pictures ,stories and brouchers on the bonneted scanias

the search function actually works btw

Heres a few sites,
public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25th … es/scania/
mellislastbilar.se/

James

Ancona Italy

I was making a delivery out past Wrexham/Shrewsbury in the mid 1980’s to an injection moulding firm.
In their reception area were the bonnet,grill and front wings for the T cab trucks.
They apparently were making them for Scania.

I used to drive for graeme a waugh and he ran two t cabs, a 500 topline,4x2 and a 6x2 tag ex bernard brogan these wee on general haulage,I have a few pics of my truck and graeme,s topline

Keep the stories coming in . Is there any one showing the old T cabbed scania’s . Tony

A T-cabbed 143 …

There’s a recovery firm called Allways in Huntingdon who still have a lovely bonneted 143 wrecker, never managed to get a photo of it, but will keep trying!

jj72:
There’s a recovery firm called Allways in Huntingdon who still have a lovely bonneted 143 wrecker, never managed to get a photo of it, but will keep trying!

Theres a picture of it here… allwaysrecovery.co.uk/OurFleet.aspx and some shots of it working in the gallery [nice old Daf too]

Neil.

There used to be a silver T113 4x2 pulled a tipping trailer along the m40 mid 90s.

Thanks for the pictures they are really great . Thanks for the link mechanic when I get my computer fixed I will look at it . I onlu have the internet on my phone at the moment and it doesn’t support jarva . Tony

Hi boys
Here’s a couple of photos of the 143 that my brother Robert(The Heavy Mob) used to have. It was interchangeable, you could use it as a ridged or take the body off and use the table underneath to make it a unit.

Regards Keith

Hi Keith that’s a great idea how u used your T143 .was it hard 2 convert it from ridged 2 artic . Also does your brother still have it ? Thanks for sending in the pictures . Tony

Sorry keith just read your post better I see he doesn’t still have it ! Tony

A recovery firm in dorking used to have a beautiful T142 wrecker that was blue with airbrushed muralsdown both sides.

Also Albert road recovery (Canutes) used to have a T143 Wrecker in there yard at rainham by the A13.

Haven’t seen either of then for a while so does anybody know if they’re still around?.

Cheers
Neilf

In the 80s there was a cracking red show truck with lambo style gull wing doors, think the guy was called blondie?.

Hi boys
Tony, It was a 10 min job, back under gantry, pull out quick release pins and uncouple snap couplings on tipper pipes and draw from under, fifth wheel already in place ready to roll.It also had drag couplings on the back. He sold it a couple of years ago, If he sees this he will proberly be able to tell you who he sold it to. He would also be able to put up some photos of his newest project, a T cabbed 144 that he has just brought from Germany. He has just taken it to Nescliffe for painting.

Regards Keith.

neilf:
A recovery firm in dorking used to have a beautiful T142 wrecker that was blue with airbrushed muralsdown both sides.

Also Albert road recovery (Canutes) used to have a T143 Wrecker in there yard at rainham by the A13.

Haven’t seen either of then for a while so does anybody know if they’re still around?.

Cheers
Neilf

The Dorking autos T cab is pictured [along with some other unusual wreckers they’ve used] on their website dorkingautos.net
I remember the elephant mural on the side.

I remember Canute/Albert road recovery had a 4 series T cab 4 axle wrecker it was later sold on to BDV and painted white.
I think it was new to NY recovery.
Neil.

Hi keith seems the 143 was a really good idea . It will be a good comparison when your brother finishes the 144 . Tony