sad

weve got a driver working for us on night trunk work , 380 pounds a week for 5 nights .
but every time we happen to meet up he starts to tell you a story how his own fleet in irelands going , his latest tale is hes just traded his 3 scanias in for 3 new volvos and how happy his drivers are with them etc, etc .
why do they do it , no one in there right mind is going to take a 380 pound a week job when they own there own firm, all the other drivers run for cover when they see him comming, i end up listening for what seems like hours.
sad really but i just wonder why he needs to do it, you are what you are.

I guess most of us have met people like that at some time in our lives, I suppose people who make up stories like that are just not content with their lives or who they are and feel the need to try to make themselves appear more important than they really are.

Like you said “sad really” and “you are what you are”, correct on both counts in my opinion though you can change what you are :wink:

Is his name Walter Mitty?

No his name is Nolan and the wage is to pay his 380 polish drivers there weekly wage (minus damages of course)

Well thats what my mate told me down the pub the other night when i was drinking my 48th pint since lunchtime

Anyway, Movin on :open_mouth: :laughing:

Any reference to any person living or dead or any company existing or non existent is purely coincedental And i also exercise my right in the mmtm rules and regulations

ady1:
weve got a driver working for us on night trunk work , 380 pounds a week for 5 nights .
but every time we happen to meet up he starts to tell you a story how his own fleet in irelands going , his latest tale is hes just traded his 3 scanias in for 3 new volvos and how happy his drivers are with them etc, etc .
why do they do it , no one in there right mind is going to take a 380 pound a week job when they own there own firm, all the other drivers run for cover when they see him comming, i end up listening for what seems like hours.

Ady i’ve met loads like that in this job, thats why i done that “i really don’t need the money” diary. The worst thing is though, you, probably the same as me just nod and say ok instead of telling them where to get off!! They are funny at first but when you listen they seem to make a beeline for you and thats when it does your head in.

ady1:

I used to work with a guy who was in a similar situation saying heolny done the job he was in for tax reasons , it turnedout he was worth just short of a million with his own company which ran itself (some internet thing i dont know exactly what), but he certainly didnt get his top of the range Merc working in the place he did.

So some people actually do this WHY? I dont know but it does happen theres also a lot of Bovine Excreters out there as well so who knows?.

this is exactly why i took a leaf out of neils book.and try to hide from fellow brits while abroad.

utter billybull*[zb]*ers.embarassing it really is.

language edit :unamused: Denis F

I came accross a telehandler driver on a building site who owned eight lorries once, he felt the need to explain to me all about the tachograph rules that applied to me.

Good job he did cos nobody had ever mentioned to me before that I needed to use tachographs. :wink: :unamused:

tachograph? what’s that then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

jammymutt:
he olny done the job he was in for tax reasons , it turned out he was worth just short of a million with his own company which ran itself (some internet thing i dont know exactly what), but he certainly didn’t get his top of the range Merc working in the place he did.

In Serbia there is some kind of tax system that means you can have more than one job but only pay tax on the lowest income.

Well-off business owners (and the like) are often found to be working part-time in bars etc. :wink:

Lets face it, we all only do this job as a hobby. The real money is in the Saturday morning paper rounds.Thats why drivers don’t drive at week-ends.

i have a mate with a good few hundred grand in his bank ,no morg,kids or wife, but he still works 12hr shifts 4 days on 4 days off…he says to stop him getting bored or using the cash in the bank.

Driver-Once-More:
tachograph? what’s that then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just got a full time class 1 job where i never need to use another tacho again :confused: and i’d just paid for my bloody digi card too :imp: :unamused: :unamused:

jammymutt:
I used to work with a guy who was in a similar situation saying heolny done the job he was in for tax reasons , it turnedout he was worth just short of a million with his own company which ran itself (some internet thing i dont know exactly what), but he certainly didnt get his top of the range Merc working in the place he did.

So some people actually do this WHY?

Boredom

Just got a full time class 1 job where i never need to use another tacho again and i’d just paid for my bloody digi card too

Willi Betz■■?

And i thought it was just me who they spotted and headed for :laughing:

shade:

Just got a full time class 1 job where i never need to use another tacho again and i’d just paid for my bloody digi card too

Willi Betz■■?

No Willi Betz still use them…

Just as frizbies :laughing: :laughing:

No im not working on the public highways anymore so no tacho’s needed see ERF EC11 thread

ohterry:
this is exactly why i took a leaf out of neils book.and try to hide from fellow brits while abroad.

I seem to recall you having a bit of a pop at me for doing that. :wink: :smiley: I knew you would only stick it for so long before resorting to the same tactics. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink:

Have you perfected the non committal shrug with a few mumbled words in foreign yet? That works a treat in scaring them off when they think you are a Brit and want to share your table. :smiley: :wink: :sunglasses:

Coffeeholic:
Have you perfected the non committal shrug with a few mumbled words in foreign yet?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: You mean he IS English :laughing: :wink:

montana man:

Coffeeholic:
Have you perfected the non committal shrug with a few mumbled words in foreign yet?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: You mean he IS English :laughing: :wink:

Nope worse…

Scottish. :wink:

Tin 'at … see ya!!