Run-in with a knife weilding trucker

bikemonkey:

prichardson:
I fail to see the difference in carrying a bloody big knife in your cab and carrying one with you on the street. I would do neither as I would expect to get taken away in handcuffs if I was caught…

I can see the difference.
I carry a ‘few’ knives in my cab,for the simple reason that I tramp all week and cook my own food.a plastic knife or a spoon dont tend to cut too well. :unamused:
my intention is not to go about threatening people with them,but if,when should the need arise i possibly would use them to defend myself,even though with my luck Id be the one that would get stabbed with them. :wink:
most people on the street will carry a knife for the reason of protection,meaning they are either looking for trouble or carrying it possibly because of the type of circles they move in. :wink:

I was asked nicely in Germany to move my knife. I only used it for cooking, and as a makeshift screwdriver but it was in the driver door pocket. The BAG asked if it was possible to put it in a side locker or the passenger door pocket. This time no fine, but they still had the last word :smiley: