Rob K question

Rikki-UK:

smcaul:
If it is for allegedly using words to get round the censor then should the member who wrote:

and it goes like [zb] off a shovel

not also be banned? They are, after all, using a well known pharse to circumnavigate the censor? When [zb] is used in a sentence then we all know it is to either hide a swear word or has been put there by the poster instead of a swear word, either way it has the same result as just using numbers instead of letters etc.

[ZB] is put there by the auto censor in place of foul language…
that way folks can insert their own most appropriate word without it being placed in front of them, or those who may find it offensive…

So why not have a “i dont want to be offended” box on the site that filters the words out, letting others who arent offended read what is posted.

So why not have a “i dont want to be offended” box on the site that filters the words out, letting others who arent offended read what is posted.

Sounds good…
can you send me the cash to get the code written and everytime a security upgrade is made to recode…

Also send me the cash so i can hire some very expensive lawyers to explain to lots of judges why despite having adult language on this website it shouldnt be classed under COPPA legislation and therefore be forced to be a pay site- (wont take much as it will only probably have to go to the US supreme court as we are on USA servers).

guys come on this site is rated as a family site hence the autosensor you agree to these terms when you sign up to join this site end of story.

the same has to be said for the managments desision to banned a person or suspend there posting rights

To me it looks like someones been looking for an excuse to boot him out and they have used this as the angle. There are numerous members on here that dodge the auto censor in various ways and nothing seems to get done or issue raised. I cant see what all the fuss is about a few words not even correctly spelled etc that could cause so many problems.

Crazy :unamused:

that maybe the case but it could be for some other reason. the fact is as a commercial website the final desision is with the directors of the site.

i have clue why he has been banned and wouldnt have known if this thread hadnt poped up but its between them and him and nothing to do with us

Uh!?!?!? Someone please explain to me in very simple terms (as I clearly am missing something here) how using [zb] to get round the censor is any different to using misspelling to get round it - we all know what it means, and anyone that thinks kids don’t know what it means is a fool or very, very naive!

alix776:
but its between them and him and nothing to do with us

I disagree, if more then one member is using ways to get round the censor then everyone who uses that way needs to get the same treatment - if they don’t then it is being done for personal reasons and the rules are being quoted as an excuse just to get rid of one person. Or are some people just more “equal” then others!!!

smcaul:
Uh!?!?!? Someone please explain to me in very simple terms (as I clearly am missing something here) how using [zb] to get round the censor is any different to using misspelling to get round it - we all know what it means, and anyone that thinks kids don’t know what it means is a fool or very, very naive!

yeah heres the explanation.

when someone posts something like------ you daft ■■■■■

the reader of the post automatically sees ■■■■ and before the thought even entering there head of what was written replaces it with a word more suited to there taste like sausage or something and the world will be a happy place

BUT if you miss spell the oh so naughty word then you will have managed to sneak through those nasty nasty words and thoughts to the reader and they might realise what you were trying to say god forbid and you will taint there little minds forever :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

And if you believe that then im sure theres a job available as a mod for you :unamused:

The reasons why Rob in particular has gone has been explained to Rob.
CONSISTENT deliberate breaking of the rules.

No further reasons are needed.
Rob K is gone and will stay gone.

Unless he comes back under another name.:wink:

Ken.

People have been known to do that… :wink:

I just think it was a case of ‘any excuse’ to get rid of Rob

BRING BACK ROBK

alix776:
guys come on this site is rated as a family site hence the autosensor you agree to these terms when you sign up to join this site end of story.

the same has to be said for the managments desision to banned a person or suspend there posting rights

oh alix [zb]
[edited for personal attack]

TheBear:
I just think it was a case of ‘any excuse’ to get rid of Rob

BRING BACK ROBK

i,m with him dont u think the admin may be watchin rob more than others on this site so other people can beat the auto censor and go un noticed while rob is being hawked and admin waiting to jump on him seems abit un fair

Rikki-UK:
We do not ban people for no reason, they have to repeatedly break the rules of this website to warrant a ban/suspension

the exact reasons why any member is banned is between the member and TruckNet UK

Yet you’ve given every single person on this site a yellow card have you not?

Third post down.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20360

I am not in the mood to play childish games with people who should know better.

Take this as a yellow card to all members.[/size]

End Quote

Your exact words Rikki…

Conor if you really believe that spamming forums with multiple posts all saying the same thing is reasonable then fine…

At the peak tonight we had over 55 members on-line, the vast majority havent posted on this issue , perhaps they are more intersted in Truck driving and the industry than one person.

Should we allow a small vocal minority overun the forums with spam posts?

there is a thread going in here to allow people to voice an opinion. spreading it all over the website only disrupts it for members who have no interest in the subject.

Well, it does seem to be the thing that truck drivers are interested in talking about tonight.

Talk about it in this thread all you want…
thats what this thread is here for :laughing:

RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK RobK.

Enough?

At the peak tonight we had over 55 members on-line, the vast majority havent posted on this issue , perhaps they are more intersted in Truck driving and the industry than one person

and out of that 55 members how many are regular posters.
like on any of the other drivers forums there is always the same people that make regular posts.

its been said countless times

its the members who post that make a forum !

granted,i am not a prolific poster on this site but then again there is 2230 members who have NEVER posted. out of them 55 how many are among the 2230 who have never posted ?
this site has 4270 registered users with 2230 who have never contributed anything !!!
you chose to ban one member , who in his own right,is the second highest poster for having a bit of fun.
something not right here rikki
in my own personal view, a sad day for trucknet.