Roadhawk catches A90 crash

I have the Dailyroads app for my android phone. Quite a good piece of kit (and it’s free)

We have these in some of our trucks roadscan.co.uk/index.php same thing as the other one. They tend to use them to catch the drivers on there phones, even hands free. They can here you as it has an internal microphone.

I have taken it upon myself to start a new thread on these various “dashcam” options, to save this topic going, er, off-topic. :blush:

Found a cool piece of kit which I think could be of interest to those of you considering the Roadhawk or others -

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=69130

mjbaron:
So perhaps if he had been travelling at 80kmh instead of 89.5 or whatever it was, he would have been further back up the road and not in that spot, perhaps if the car driver had read the road signs properly she would not have been there either, its not my wish to point any finger of blame here, its all if and buts, shouldawouldacoulda, but the fact remains, expect the unexpected, and yes, i agree with you, very lucky indeed

Yes further back but still to face the car coming towards him, with maybe someone alongside because he was slow and nowhere to go. On the other hand if hed been going faster hed have been past that point as she came out. :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

ddrbsn:

mjbaron:
So perhaps if he had been travelling at 80kmh instead of 89.5 or whatever it was, he would have been further back up the road and not in that spot, perhaps if the car driver had read the road signs properly she would not have been there either, its not my wish to point any finger of blame here, its all if and buts, shouldawouldacoulda, but the fact remains, expect the unexpected, and yes, i agree with you, very lucky indeed

Yes further back but still to face the car coming towards him, with maybe someone alongside because he was slow and nowhere to go. On the other hand if hed been going faster hed have been past that point as she came out. :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Usual speed bs.It’s better to move over into lane 2 long before an exit slip and stay there until long after the entry slip,if there’s one the other side,which helps to avoid a lot of potential problems arising from idiots on the slip roads doing stupid things.That type of accident can also result in the truck getting thrown across the carriageways and through the central reservation… :open_mouth:

You would’ve thought that there was no need for photographic evidence in this instance with the other truck driver as a witness etc., but with the video there can be no denying of that senile OAP level of incompetence from the Corsa driver. That video has finally pushed me into investing in a ridiculously cheap yet supposedly functional DV camcorder just for recording this sort of thing.

Snudger:
You would’ve thought that there was no need for photographic evidence in this instance with the other truck driver as a witness etc., but with the video there can be no denying of that senile OAP level of incompetence from the Corsa driver. That video has finally pushed me into investing in a ridiculously cheap yet supposedly functional DV camcorder just for recording this sort of thing.

if you read the newspaper online about this the comments are about the car cutting across 2 lanes infront of the truck, there is no mention that the car was going the wrong way. i think video ing the journey is becoming more vital these days tbh just to save our backs

There are 3 sets of arrows on the tarmac indicating two way traffic coming off the flyover at Charelston/Wellington Rd.
As the road curves round to the on ramp northbound there are chevrons and the road tapers to the on ramp.
Absolutely no excuse whatsoever for this rocket of a driver to get this wrong .
I hope he or she gets a very lengthy ban , that could have been a family car packed with kids that corsa met.

I bet the other driver of the Volvo needed a change pf pants as well seeing a corsa driving up towards you! Hope the driver of the wagon is alright, but the feeling of not being able to do anything must be the worst :frowning:

Could have been worse, like crushing other vehicles or if a bus load of kids had hit the car :open_mouth:

Marty B7:
There are 3 sets of arrows on the tarmac indicating two way traffic coming off the flyover at Charelston/Wellington Rd.
As the road curves round to the on ramp northbound there are chevrons and the road tapers to the on ramp.
I hope he or she gets a very lengthy ban , that could have been a family car packed with kids that corsa met.

Is this the one?

goo.gl/maps/111S

Wheel Nut:

Marty B7:

Is this the one?

goo.gl/maps/111S

yep

the daft bint has apparently been charged

whos taking bets its 6 points and a 120 quid fine?

eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2199690

gogzy:

Wheel Nut:

Marty B7:

Is this the one?

goo.gl/maps/111S

yep

:open_mouth: So where the zb are these posted before entry to the slip road :question: :question: .Must be better than just some chevrons and a worn out directional arrow on the road which any idiot could get wrong. :imp:

www.proshieldsafetysigns.co.uk/signs/7511_signs.jpg

www.proshieldsafetysigns.co.uk/signs/7514_signs.jpg

lumpygreenpoo:
Nasty… Luckily, none of the drivers were seriously injured. However, what I find incredulous is how unfairly the press have reported the incident. Nothing is said about the appalling driving of the Corsa driver!:

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2191800/

Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire & Highlands news | The Press & Journal

The lorry was travelling into the city when it collided with two cars and toppled over.

Read more: pressandjournal.co.uk/Articl … z1I0u9ntlY

A Grampian Police spokesman said last night: “It appears that the lorry was in collision with a couple of cars then landed on its side, spilling the cement over the carriageway

Read more: pressandjournal.co.uk/Articl … z1I0uRKVl8

quotes taken from the pressandjournal.co.uk link…

■■■■■■■ idiots can’t even get basic facts straight, what chance to we have?

gogzy:

Hope she’s good looking and her brief gets her off the charge as the local council seems to be just as stupid as she is by failing to put up some decent road signs. :unamused:

Carryfast:

gogzy:

Hope she’s good looking and her brief gets her off the charge as the local council seems to be just as stupid as she is by failing to put up some decent road signs. :unamused:

Why? goo.gl/maps/J7GF

The road has direction arrows on the road and in the UK we still drive on the left, except you obviously, as you want to pull over into the second lane at every slip road. :open_mouth:

Carryfast:
It’s better to move over into lane 2 long before an exit slip and stay there until long after the entry slip,if there’s one the other side,which helps to avoid a lot of potential problems arising from idiots on the slip roads doing stupid things.That type of accident can also result in the truck getting thrown across the carriageways and through the central reservation…

Wheel Nut:

Carryfast:

gogzy:

Why?

The road has direction arrows on the road and in the UK we still drive on the left, except you obviously, as you want to pull over into the second lane at every slip road. :open_mouth:

Carryfast:
It’s better to move over into lane 2 long before an exit slip and stay there until long after the entry slip,if there’s one the other side,which helps to avoid a lot of potential problems arising from idiots on the slip roads doing stupid things.That type of accident can also result in the truck getting thrown across the carriageways and through the central reservation…

In the uk we also drive round roundabouts clockwise not anti clockwise. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: She’s been directed to drive round,what is effectively,the way she saw it at least ( which is what matters in this context ),a uk roundabout anti clockwise and then some idiot has traffic running round it clockwise as well but unlike most dual carriageway type roundabouts those scotch idiots have forgotten to put in the road signs which our council does on most roundabout junction points just in case some idiot does decide to use a uk roundabout like a foreign one :open_mouth: . :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

But just like most of the rest of them you obviously don’t seem to share my ideas on dealing with slip road entries and exits.Which is why I would probably have missed her and stayed on my wheels,or at worst might even have saved myself from the possibility of getting thrown across the central divider whereas he did’nt. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

{zb} shut up carryfast

seriously this country could benefit from the energy that comes out your gub, the road is clearly marked, it takes an idiot to go the wrong way onto a dual carraigeway…THEN drive round the side of a truck and into another

gogzy:
{zb} shut up carryfast
seriously this country could benefit from the energy that comes out your gub, the road is clearly marked, it takes an idiot to go the wrong way onto a dual carraigeway…THEN drive round the side of a truck and into another

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

gogzy:

{zb} shut up carryfast

seriously Japan could benefit from the energy that comes out your gub, the road is clearly marked, it takes an idiot to go the wrong way onto a dual carraigeway…THEN drive round the side of a truck and into another

Fixed