Road irritants ...

Squiddy:
Yup everyone hates trucks. Can’t see past them when youre tailgating them and they are too ■■■■ slow at 56mph. Just today I got a coffee bean shaker signal, flashy lights and beepy horn cos it took me a whole 15 seconds to overtake another truck on a dual carriage way. I’m so inconsiderate :frowning: Just think what that merc driver could have done in those 15 seconds I stole from his life.

The best one I ever saw of this situation was working for Transco. There was a water shortage the other side of Nottingham and we had to take fourteen 1 1/2 tonne water bowsers to all the farms so the cattle didn’t dehydrate to death. We was grossing about 36 tonne or there about. The terrain was very hilly and bendy and the roads were narrow so we were only going 10mph in places. Quite a queue built up behind. The abuse we got when a long straight suddenly appeared and they all came flowing past :smiley:

I guess if they were driving they’d have done a smokey and the bandit and gone round the bends sideways.

They are not fog lamps they are driving lights very bright driving lights on 4x4 and bmw’s

xtruckerlady:

Rob K:

xtruckerlady:

Rob K:

xtruckerlady:
Don’t tar us all with the same brush! I hate middle lane hoggers too, and as a driver of many years including as an artic driver, I am very aware of what other drivers are doing/not doing around me and drive accordingly,including using all lanes as they should be used, in other words I am observing them and recognising potential hazards they may create and as for driving slowly, my Rover 75 goes like the proverbial [zb] off a shovel - ask Spanky, he’s driven it often enough. If Rover had promoted it properly when they were winning races with it (in America I think it was) they would still be going now.

Sorry but I will continue to “tar” as I see,

and what I see are Rover drivers driving like ■■■■.

In all honesty, I have yet to see one being driving sensibly - they are always being driven to the exact opposite of the road/traffic conditions.

Ah, now I see it’s not all Rover drivers. Thanks! I can only presume you are a perfect driver - or at least you think you are!

No, it is ALL Rover drivers. Nowhere have I said otherwise so please don’t put words into my mouth. You did get the bit right about me being a perfect driver though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t, please read your own follow on post! I’m still keeping my Rover, and if I see you I shall make a note to go at 57/58mph in the middle lane just to annoy the ‘perfect driver’ some more. Anyway, I can only assume you are not a big rig driver because if you were you should have a limiter on and they are usually set at 52 or 56mph.

You know what they say about people who assume… :bulb:

every single other roaduser, if the roads were empty i wouldnt have to worry about driving so perfectly as i do :laughing:

my biggest gripe is people not indicating on roundabouts, then its pretty much the same as everyone else has said so i wont include all them,
oh one other thing drivers that spot the traffic oficers car and slam there brakes on in case they get done for speeding

Other lorry drivers anywhere who park up not between the marker lines i have forgot how many times i have pulled in somewhere to park and the only space left is only 7 foot 6 wide or are parked in the exit lane .

People in white and silver cars who dont put lights on when its foggy or there is a lot of spray are really difficult to see. I also hate it when im in my car and tonking down a duel carridgeway at 80mph and a lorry gives a flash of an indicator and pulls right out in front of you testing your abs then sits there for 5mins trying to pass another lorry.

xtruckerlady:

Rob K:

xtruckerlady:

Rob K:

xtruckerlady:
Don’t tar us all with the same brush! I hate middle lane hoggers too, and as a driver of many years including as an artic driver, I am very aware of what other drivers are doing/not doing around me and drive accordingly,including using all lanes as they should be used, in other words I am observing them and recognising potential hazards they may create and as for driving slowly, my Rover 75 goes like the proverbial [zb] off a shovel - ask Spanky, he’s driven it often enough. If Rover had promoted it properly when they were winning races with it (in America I think it was) they would still be going now.

Sorry but I will continue to “tar” as I see,

and what I see are Rover drivers driving like ■■■■.

In all honesty, I have yet to see one being driving sensibly - they are always being driven to the exact opposite of the road/traffic conditions.

Ah, now I see it’s not all Rover drivers. Thanks! I can only presume you are a perfect driver - or at least you think you are!

No, it is ALL Rover drivers. Nowhere have I said otherwise so please don’t put words into my mouth. You did get the bit right about me being a perfect driver though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t, please read your own follow on post! I’m still keeping my Rover, and if I see you I shall make a note to go at 57/58mph in the middle lane just to annoy the ‘perfect driver’ some more. Anyway, I can only assume you are not a big rig driver because if you were you should have a limiter on and they are usually set at 52 or 56mph.

Stereotype confirmed Rob…

The Highway Man:
Shows how much times have changed. If you’d have asked this question 4 years ago, we’d have featured quite high on the agenda. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My list of irritants goes as thus -
HATO
HATO
HATO
HATO
Happy now THM :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Seriously, Iwould have to go -
Middle lane hogs
Overtaking trucks taking too long to overtake just joking :laughing: :laughing:
Badly adjusted headlights
People with diplomatic number plates driving 4x4s in London who think they can just pull out in front of you from a standing start when your half way past their car already :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
Any road into London
Black cab drivers, especially London ones
Any road into London
Unneccesary use of foglights
Any road into London
Coppers in London giving conflicting info - yes you can come down here, no you cant, yes you can, WTF
Cyclists

DAF95XF:
HATO
HATO
HATO
HATO

Aww Cheers mate!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

lorry drivers in any dock that I have been to. lorry drivers trying to race eachother in 43 berth in Tilbury. Lorry drivers that park in a gap infront of you while you are booking on in 43 berth thus blocking you in when you come back to your lorry and they are being booked in. impatience and the im alright jack attitude.

Driveroneuk:

Mike-C:

chris mc:
my hates are:-
wagon drives who let you get up the side of them and then push it to 56+, god damm back off a second and let us by.

yeah they think they have right of way ,and they have !!

Are you sure?

Rule 168
Being overtaken.

If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you.

I’m not sure to be honest. I’m 100% certain.

The Highway Man:

DAF95XF:
HATO
HATO
HATO
HATO

Couldnt leave you out could we :laughing: :laughing:

My other hate drivers that park on the pumps and have a chuffing break.Its says diesel not ■■■■■■■ coffee so bleedding move :smiling_imp:

Lack of indicators anywhere

Lane discipline (sorry, posh talk) :blush:

Cyclists and horse riders… Don’t pay road tax… Don’t give way to them, simple!!!

Ever seen them riding NEXT TO the cycle on the road?? :imp: :imp: :imp:

Squiddy:
Yup everyone hates trucks. Can’t see past them when youre tailgating them and they are too ■■■■ slow at 56mph. Just today I got a coffee bean shaker signal, flashy lights and beepy horn cos it took me a whole 15 seconds to overtake another truck on a dual carriage way. I’m so inconsiderate :frowning: Just think what that merc driver could have done in those 15 seconds I stole from his life.

Just thought of a few more gripes

• fog lights in the tiniest bit of mist when you can still see at least half a mile ahead.

• no fog lights when you cant see 100m ahead

• fog lights when it’s raining. Any excuse to press that little fog lamp button. After all, you paid for it, you may as well use it just like your gimicky folding in wing mirrors or reversing sensors/cameras on a 7 foot long mass produced car that you bought cos the advert suggested you were ‘smart’ you utter [zb] :angry:

• no headlights in torrential rain. Just cos you can see ahead doesn’t mean I can see you in my mirrors. Sure you switch them on and flash main beam AFTER I pull out in front of you, but by then it’s a bit too late grrr

• front fog lights cos you think it looks cool. It doesn’t. It just makes me think that I will see your suit hanging in the rear window when you pass. [zb] off and become a contestant on ‘The Apprentice’

• drivers who think the central reservation barrier means they don’t have to dip main beam

• generation iphone who cross the road whilst texting without checking it’s clear … ‘they’ve got brakes and who would want to run over someone as cool as me?’ ME! I want to run over someone as ‘cool’ as you so don’t tempt me! Go create another riot because us tax payers aren’t paying enough for you to ■■■■ your life away at university you scrounging [zb]

• naz! traffic wardens … most are ok when they know you are delivering, but as always there are a few bad apples

• BIGGEST gripe of all … People who park in loading bays “for a few minutes to buy a newspaper or a pack of ■■■■”. I used to park 3 streets away and add half an hour to my day, nowadays I just double park and block them in and tell them ‘won’t be long, only got to deliver 8 trolley loads of food, collect a cheque from customer, have a chat with them and accept and drink the free tea/coffee they are offering’

People who use their laptop/ipad at full volume on a train journey and secretly hope you are looking at them with jelousey thinking ‘wow i wish i had one of those’ instead of looking at them thinking ‘turn that [zb] off or I will insert it where it will never be a nuisience again to anyone except you’. Not related, but still a gripe of mine :wink:

I need anger management therapy, don’t I … :neutral_face:

edit and rover drivers :smiling_imp:

you need major help :wink:

DAF95XF:

The Highway Man:

DAF95XF:
HATO
HATO
HATO
HATO

what about me DAF?

PCSO
PCSO
PCSO
PCSO
PCSO

cons77:
Car and van drivers who TRY and cut me up on roundabouts

Love it when they have to stop because they realise they are gonna end up under my trailer [zb] idiots :grimacing:

its not a pet hate, i actually enjoy it when this happens, you can see me laughing all the way to next round a bout :stuck_out_tongue:

Paul Gloria Meadows:
My biggest hate is people that do not indicate on round-abouts. How many times have you been sat waiting to join and then the [zb] thats coming round has no indication showing and then leaves at the exit before the one your coming out of. If the prick had flashed his little amber lights I would have been able to set off that little bit sooner.

if its coming from right round and not indicating i pull out, after all no indication must mean they are going straight on, they do make funny sqeaky noises if they have been to lazy to indicate :smiling_imp:

quote=“chris mc”]my hates are:-
wagon drives who let you get up the side of them and then push it to 56+, god damm back off a second and let us by.
cars who approach the motorway use up all the slip road then slam on their brakes coz they dont think they can drive on white paint. if you wernt supposed to drive on the paint it would be a barrier!!
[/quote]
this happens quite often to me uphill, i’ll be overtaking something, come to a hill, i’m now loosing my speed, and before i have a chance to pull in, someone is coming up the inside, then the hill levels out, and i’m away again.

gotta be said as well, and i dont care who it upsets, but ■■■■■■■ RIGID Drivers do my head in, they think like ■■■■■■■ car drivers, staying in the middle lane for miles when there is ample room to pull in and let me by :angry:

mickyblue:

DAF95XF:

The Highway Man:

DAF95XF:
HATO
HATO
HATO
HATO

what about me DAF?

PCSO
PCSO
PCSO
PCSO
PCSO

I dont see enough proper police let alone PCSO’s to get irrated by them :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

In heavy rain during the daytime, I am more than happy for cars to have their front fog lights on, along with dipped main beams, but keep the rear ones off. The more lights I can see in my mirror the better, I told my other half the other week when she was coming down the A1 at the same time as me in my truck, to make sure she put them on as the rain was that heavy my heated mirrors was not keeping them reasonably clear.

At night in heavy rain on single carriageway, I will use my front foglights as well if visibility is poor, screw anyone else its no good if I cant see the bloody road.

They are named wrong, they are there to be used in circumstances of poor visiblity, not just “fog”.

Dogmatix:
In heavy rain during the daytime, I am more than happy for cars to have their front fog lights on, along with dipped main beams, but keep the rear ones off. The more lights I can see in my mirror the better, I told my other half the other week when she was coming down the A1 at the same time as me in my truck, to make sure she put them on as the rain was that heavy my heated mirrors was not keeping them reasonably clear.

At night in heavy rain on single carriageway, I will use my front foglights as well as visibility is poor, screw anyone else its no good if I cant see the bloody road.

They are named wrong, they are there to be used in circumstances of poor visiblity, not just “fog”.

:unamused: