Richard Thorne

Carl
No its not one of my photos.
The truck belonged to Black Billy Hall.
GS

Sadly I never did ME, but I did meet Dave Chamberlin, in the Albion at Dover one night, a great night was had, he gave me his business card which I kept for years and yes we did get ■■■■■■■■■■■ I did, can’t remember much after that. He was telling me some guy’s in a pickup had ran into the back of his trailer and were killed and he made a run for the border, don’t know if it was true or not, and I can’t even remember which border now, memory fade…

truckyboy:
And just behind daves scania is one of roys outfits, it was either mick hawkins, or roy axle…wasnt mine cos i had twin stacks up the back…nice pictures though…heres another name…Alan Woods…last i heard he was working for a swedish company…

Here you go Truckyboy.
Mention the devil and he shall appear !!!

Taken by me in Oktay’s.
Alan " My names not Woodsy or Red Leader One" Wood. He must be nearly retired by now.
GS

Gavin, Alan Woods drove/is driving for Autofrakt based in Tollarp, Sweden.

i met richie thorne in the ramada in doha in 2003, he took a seller down a daf with a ■■■■■■■ in it.
i did keep in touch with johnny neville upto 2006 and he went to work for an irish firm pulling tippers out of fleetwood but he changed his phone no and we lost touch.

Hi all i met up with John O’Leary last thursday night and he told me Richie and a few other drivers are heading down the m/e heading out this week and will be back 9 of jan hope this help’s Del i was one of the welsh boys who useto drive for Nick Turner to Greece

Hello del, i used to drive one of the new Super Space Cabs that Kim Gower bought, around 2002-3, doing the same job to Marinopolis from Hemel.

Last time i saw a Nick Turner motor it was an ex Post Office Premium, i think Michael was driving it (or Roland from Poland as we called him!) Is Nick still going? and any idea where Michael is? My name is Carl by the way, and little Steve who was also at Gowers is on Trucknet as well (Biggles).

Hi Carl Yes Nick’s still going still doing Greece and Italy I was talking to him yesterday still got the pole’s driving Geoff who’s marriedto the Greek bird is still with him. i have been working with Steve Wilson on the fridge’s he’s driving for someone out of Wrexham now just found these page’s sad about egg on legs meet him in Ancona once good laugh with him wot are you all up to these day’s Del

hello Del. Im driving for TransAm Trucking now, here there and everywhere!. I went past Marinopolis yard last year,where we originally used to tip. It was the first time id seen all the by-pass completed. When i was there unloading i used to watch the planers and diggers driving by. Little Steve works with Mark Heath(who had the twin motor to mine with the bull-bar on the front) for a Danish firm doing DHL trailers. I heard Willow Wilson was working out of Chirk/Wrexham, but didnt know who for or what work he was doing. Give him my regards when you see him next. Geoff ids the one that lost a couple of toes if i remember rightly, is he still trying to swap books with everyone??haha!!

Hi Carl yes steve’s working out of wrexham for stoke’s but i think he’s tring to get back over the water in the new year don’t know who for thou last i heard about geoff he was in the stockyard doncaster with tooth pains one of the welsh lads got him ■■■■■■ to ease the pain i was looking on these pages and someone on here was on about doing greece for sealandair in the 80’s when they went to the old wearhouse did you ever go there? so the road did get finished!!! i never went to the new wearhouse. the way things are going over here work wise i’ll be ringing Nick to drive his truck’s when the poles go home for holiday’s at this rate little steve did he work for fastion link? what happened to kim gower? john o’leary said snoz is still going over there but it’s not the same laugh anymore!!! Del

Hi all i was in the stockyard the other night and a bloke asked where is Mickey Chinnock these days■■?

I found Richie trying to hide behind his hand while listening to young phil

Regards Jamie.

A Scot lost in the Valley’s

HI JAMIE,
SEEM TO REMEMBER THE BAR DECOR WITH THE THORN {THE BULLFROG} IS IT FROM THE OLD BOYS CHRISTMAS ■■■■■■■ HE;S ON ROUT TO DOHA AT MOMENT, AND SHOULD MAKE IT HOME FOR THIS YEARS DRINK, IF HE STAYS OUT OF THE RAMADA. SEE YA SOON RABBIT…

The man is alive and well and did a trip out to saudi just before chritmas,helped me out quite a bit with information dont add beer or stand well clear!

I Can confurm Richie “Father Jack” Thorne :angry: :angry: is still with us Ive just come off a whistle stop tour of Europe with the big ugly crazy wallrus he was D manning with G Lyons and his magical Gollden Crocs (Genuine one’s) after he had a double blow out in his fake ones,Jeff is with them (Old Gray FH16) Ive only just got to know Richie but I reckon in his prime he would have been “Lots of Fun” when he’d managed to drink his own body weight in Gunniss !!! :imp: :imp:

Del Boy 65:
Hi Carl yes steve’s working out of wrexham for stoke’s but i think he’s tring to get back over the water in the new year don’t know who for thou last i heard about geoff he was in the stockyard doncaster with tooth pains one of the welsh lads got him ■■■■■■ to ease the pain i was looking on these pages and someone on here was on about doing greece for sealandair in the 80’s when they went to the old wearhouse did you ever go there? so the road did get finished!!! i never went to the new wearhouse. the way things are going over here work wise i’ll be ringing Nick to drive his truck’s when the poles go home for holiday’s at this rate little steve did he work for fastion link? what happened to kim gower? john o’leary said snoz is still going over there but it’s not the same laugh anymore!!! Del

I never went to the warehouse mate, i did a few groupage loads round Athens a few times (stop a taxi!) i didnt know Marinopolis had a new warehouse until 2 or 3 yrs ago, its up in the mountains now as far as i know. Little Steve drove for Gower, then when that finished i got him a job running to Germany with the firm i was at, hes now driving for a Danish firm, as far as i know he never drove for Fashion Link. I did meet Huggy on the boat from Dunkerque a couple yrs ago, he was still doing the same job, but reckons theres no fun in it anymore due to the relocation of the new w’hse. I met Richy Thorn when i was with Scottish Alex once in Patras, he was doing sellers (richie) Alex told me a few stories about him! Last i heard of KG he was locked up for smuggling ■■■■, driving for an Irish firm (this was around a yr ago) he hasnt got any trucks of his own anymore. I havent seen Paul for a long time either, from Sunderland way, he used to run a Magnum, cant remember his last name, he was a nice fella. I havent heard anything of Alex lately either, that man had some stories to tell!!

Richie in need of a clean vest some years ago, maybe 97ish.

Richie’s not the slim chap I knew back in the mid eighties, not seen him for 20 years probably would’nt recognize him now if that pictures anything to go by and thats over ten years old.
chazzer

Hi all, I’m not certain that Ritchie did own a Mack (he may have) but he certainly owned a a Kenworth in dark blue. I bought some suspension parts off of him after he sold it.
I don’t know how to transfer pics but if any one is interested look on ‘Kenworth K100 UHW564V, NRK 790 PHU503R’ I think that the first number is a mis-print and should read YHW that would have been the reg. when Ritchie owned it.
Gavin

Gavin McArdle:
Hi all, I’m not certain that Ritchie did own a Mack (he may have) but he certainly owned a a Kenworth in dark blue. I bought some suspension parts off of him after he sold it.
I don’t know how to transfer pics but if any one is interested look on ‘Kenworth K100 UHW564V, NRK 790 PHU503R’ I think that the first number is a mis-print and should read YHW that would have been the reg. when Ritchie owned it.
Gavin

Never knew what make of truck Richie drove… but he always did a ■■■■ good job (as did all my drivers!!!)

Alison