RBI no more

Today Andy Salter the publisher of all the Road Transport Group (RTG) titles ( including TruckNet UK) and his financial backers concluded a management led buy out of the group from Reed Business Information.

The titles and staff of the RTG will transfer to a new Company, Road Transport Media Ltd.

Road Transport Media Ltd will be a focused publishing company able to concentrate on our sector and be more responsive to the market needs.

How will this affect the forums? As part of the multinational business that is RBI, TruckNet UK was a tiny part of a huge jigsaw. Being part of a independent focused publishing company TruckNet UK will be an integral part of its portfolio.

No major changes to the forums or other titles are planned, TruckFest (Peterborough will be going ahead with our usual hospitality area. The annual get together/charity auction at Cannock although delayed will go ahead later in the year.

Are you sure it’s ok to talk about this? :stuck_out_tongue:

44 Tonne Ton:

Yup I checked this morning that it was OK to announce to you all before it went public anywhere else :grimacing:

But what othere changes are going to be made that will effect us the user :question:

Or arnt there any apart from the new forums that are with us now

Its very much business as usual, with no changes planned that will affect the forums or the users.

44 Tonne Ton:

I am sure i read it on here first!!! :laughing:

Does this mean Truck and Driver will be more appealing now?

Let’s hope the new owners don’t pack Trucknet in !!

Any chance of a new corporate image to get rid of this awful BRIGHT orange and white colour ?

Is this MBO related to losing Brian Weatherley from Big Lorry Blog?

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- … -bigl.html

Any chance of a ‘members’ led buyout of TNUK?
Could we have a ‘collection’ of some kind and make TNUK less biased and ‘For Drivers, By Drivers’

dinosteveus1:
Could we have a ‘collection’ of some kind and make TNUK less biased and ‘For Drivers, By Drivers’

dinosteveus1:

Do you know any decent drivers? :wink:

Rob K:

Look, another useless post by the Forums very own troll/bully.
You’re the reason I have had to turn my PMs off, sick to death of your threats and bs.

Wheel Nut:
Do you know any decent drivers? :wink:

One or two, why??

dinosteveus1:
Look, another useless post by the Forums very own troll/bully.
You’re the reason I have had to turn my PMs off, sick to death of your threats and bs.

Sorry, MY threats ■■? Which ones would they be then? You have my full permission to post any and all threats I have made to you right here in full, so please go right ahead. Seeing as I would not waste my time nor energy on someone like yourself then I am eagerly awaiting your response with the threats you are claiming I have made. Of course, if you are unable to provide evidence of these alleged threats from me then I will expect a public apology from you right here for making false accusations.

:exclamation:

Rob K:
Sorry, MY threats :

OK, Apology accepted Rob.
No hard feelings.

dinosteveus1:

Rob K:
Sorry, MY threats :

OK, Apology accepted Rob.
No hard feelings.

Do you have some reading issue or are you just trying - and failing - to be funny? I have nothing to apologise for.

Post the threats I’ve made to you here or apologise for making false accusations. Which part of this are you struggling to understand? If you refuse to do this then I’ll be escalating this to admin along with your threats via PM to me, which unlike your claims, are not ficticious.

Your choice.