Ralph Davies

chris:
I used to work for ralph,

offered to do scanner work but turned it down (easier on fridges)

what is the scanner work all about. :question: ive seen it mentioned on here before but dont know about it.

jessicas dad:

chris:

what is the scanner work all about. :question: ive seen it mentioned on here before but dont know about it.

If it’s the ones I’ve seen in Italy, they are trailers that open up and turn into medical units, that do cancer scanning, look a bit like the ones that do blood donations in the UK in supermarket car parks

pierrot 14:

jessicas dad:

chris:

If it’s the ones I’ve seen in Italy, they are trailers that open up and turn into medical units, that do cancer scanning, look a bit like the ones that do blood donations in the UK in supermarket car parks

i would have thought that would be a real cushy number then.

bocockjnr:
do ou remember gary the pipe and andy used to drive the scania before flash

I remember andy very well, how is he? what’s he upto nowadays? give him my regards

jessicas dad:
i would have thought that would be a real cushy number then.

It probably is except for the fact that, for the majority of ‘scrotes’ anything marked ‘medical’ is a target to screw in search of drugs or, something to torch.

Hence, in the absence of reliable on site security, you wouldn’t be able to drop it off too early, or collect it too late after the staff had finished.

It is probably a case of 9 hours daily rest. Then drag the trailer somewhere safe where you can park up for 4, 6, even 8, hours and then deliver it in time to park up for another 9.

Sounds bloody boring. And not my style of hours.

I called RD out of interest, being the vacancy advert is a permanent fixture of the site.

The answer one week ago was, no vacancies.

When asked why the ad was still in place? The phone was put down.

Things may have changed but?

kindle530:
Ive been to Denmark a few times this year, and as ive come off the boat at Rodbyhavn ive seen RD trucks, usually in 2’s or 3’s heading back down for the boat to Germany, so there is something that they seem to do reasonably regular, im guessing the whisky job maybe. Nearly every truck ive seen of theirs is now RHD, i beleive they buy them from Hanbury Riverside, stick alloy wheels on 'em and paint 'em up and put personal reg plates on 'em.

bananas fella upto helsinborg :wink:

chris:
no probs…is TESCO RDC not an option mate? you could walk to work, or am i way off the mark, apologies if it is :wink:

I’m afraid to say that place has a bad rep, not to mention 2/3rds of the drivers are Polish. It is within walking distance though, barely.

I’m going to see what happens with my first batch of applications first. Cheers mate…

chippy:
I called RD out of interest, being the vacancy advert is a permanent fixture of the site.

The answer one week ago was, no vacancies.

When asked why the ad was still in place? The phone was put down.

Things may have changed but?

That’s disappointing. :frowning: