Question for Del

Tuesday he starts at 06:00 and after his daily checks hits the road at 06:15, At 8’oclock he takes an hours break for a shower and breakfast before pushing on. At 13:30 he stops for another break and takes a nap, he falls into a deep sleep and wakes up again at 16:45. “Bugger it,” he thinks, “I over did it,” and he quickly gets under way again. He drives until 20:00 and parks for the night.

Wednesday he is on the road again at 04:15, after the usual 15 minutes of walk round checks. He drives until 08:20 when he reaches the Austrian border. It’s a public holiday in Austria today so he is done for the day.

ROG wrote: tue finish to wed start & thu finish to fri start - less than 9 hours

Coffeeholic wrote: Half correct! Only the second one of them is an infringement.

ROG wrote: tue 2000 to wed 0400 is 8 hours

Coffeeholic wrote: Indeed it is. However, it isn’t an infringement. You are missing the same thing as Del, which is causing you both to make an incorrect assumption.

This has REALLY got me… I cannot see it… will wait for answer :blush: :angry: :cry: :cry:

delboytwo:
not enough split rest Tues

No, he met the split rest requirement.

ROG:
This has REALLY got me… I cannot see it… will wait for answer :blush: :angry: :cry: :cry:

You can put this problem to bed,
if you look for a word that begins with Zed.

Removed the Americanism from the clue. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

ROG:
Austria - is that in the EU :question: - YUP it’s on the list so not AETR regs

Coffeeholic:
You can put this problem to bed,
if you look for a word that begins with Zed.

BUGGER !!

Coffeeholic:
He collects a full load for Zagreb

Zagreb - did google search - capitol of Croatia - didn’t know that, should have checked :blush:
Croatia is not an EU country so AETR regs which makes the 1+3+8 legal

ROG:
BUGGER !!

Coffeeholic:

Zagreb - did google search - capitol of Croatia - didn’t know that, should have checked :blush:

You got it!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

It also makes 25 minutes and 20 minutes for break legal. AETR rules apply for the whole journey, even when in an EU country.

Only your geographic knowledge let you down earlier. :unamused: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
It also makes 25 minutes and 20 minutes for break legal. AETR rules apply for the whole journey, even when in an EU country

Is that the only one, apart from the 1+3+8 that is different or should I go through the lot again?

Coffeeholic:
Only your geographic knowledge let you down earlier.

I’ve never been out of the UK - ever

ROG:

Coffeeholic:
It also makes 25 minutes and 20 minutes for break legal. AETR rules apply for the whole journey, even when in an EU country

Is that the only one, apart from the 1+3+8 that is different or should I go through the lot again?

No, you’re done. there were only two infringements. Extended driving day 3 times in a week and insufficient rest Thursday. I was going to do two reduced rests before the Wednesday weekly rest and two after, which would have been another infringement as AETR is still 3 reductions per week, but I went easy on you. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:
Only your geographic knowledge let you down earlier.

I’ve never been out of the UK - ever

I’ve only been out of Europe once but I know where places outside Europe are. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

so was there any infringements in Monday and Tuesday

delboytwo:

Nope. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
A driver begins work in Manchester at 06:00 on Monday after a full weekly rest. He collects a full load for Zagreb and sets of for the train. On his way down the M1 he stops at Newport Pagnall for a break and a coffee, he gets chatting to another driver and has a 25-minute break. later he pulls of the M25 into the truck stop at junction 26 for another coffee and a bacon sandwich. He has a 20 minute break here. He arrives at the terminal having done 6.5 hours driving so far today. He catches a train and once off the other side he pushes on, He stops for fuel and a cooffe then does a bit more, finally parking for the day at 20:50. Total driving time for the day 9 hours 55 minutes.

Assuming that the 20 + 25 min breaks (ok under AETR regs) were compliant with the first 4.5 hours of driving within that first 6.5 hours then legal

Coffeeholic:

delboytwo:

Nope. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

so i was over thinking and stuck on the break thing, as Rog said we as well never driver in Europe

ROG:
Assuming that the 20 + 25 min breaks (ok under AETR regs) were compliant with the first 4.5 hours of driving within that first 6.5 hours then legal

Correct. He made it to junction 26 truck stop in 4 hours 25 minutes but delays at Bell Common Tunnel roadworks and the Dartford crossing meant it took him 2 hours to the train from there. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

delboytwo:
so i was over thinking and stuck on the break thing, as Rog said we as well never driver in Europe

Shouldn’t be an obstacle to answering. ROG has never driven under the current tacho rules but it doesn’t stop him. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind you that fact could explain a hell of a lot. :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Correct. He made it to junction 26 truck stop in 4 hours 25 minutes but delays at Bell Common Tunnel roadworks and the Dartford crossing meant it took him 2 hours to the train from there. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

That bit must have been accidently deleted from the first post :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

That bit must have been accidently deleted from the first post :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

No, it was never there. See the wee note at bottom of first post. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
See the wee note at bottom of first post.

I did see the ‘discaimer’ :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
BUGGER !!

Coffeeholic:

You got it!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

It also makes 25 minutes and 20 minutes for break legal. AETR rules apply for the whole journey, even when in an EU country.

Only your geographic knowledge let you down earlier. :unamused: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic,when running to countries which run to aetr drivers hours rules can a driver stick to aetr rules going there and coming back?
Also should a driver mark on the back of a tacho or digi printout that he/she is running to aetr rules-say for example they get a tug 2 or 3 weeks after a trip to an aetr country and the police/enforcement officer asks why they were following rules that are the same as the old drivers hours rules(3820/85)-should they for example carry photocopies of delivery notes/cmr"s etc which prove they went to an aetr country on a certain date?

CALUM:
Coffeeholic,when running to countries which run to aetr drivers hours rules can a driver stick to aetr rules going there and coming back?

AETR rules would apply for the whole trip, even when in an EU member state. You destination doesn’t have to be an AETR country, just transiting one would be enough to have to run AETR rules for the entire journey.

CALUM:
Also should a driver mark on the back of a tacho or digi printout that he/she is running to aetr rules-say for example they get a tug 2 or 3 weeks after a trip to an aetr country and the police/enforcement officer asks why they were following rules that are the same as the old drivers hours rules(3820/85)-should they for example carry photocopies of delivery notes/cmr"s etc which prove they went to an aetr country on a certain date?

You don’t have to but then again it wouldn’t hurt to mark the back of the chart. On the other hand it’s likely your start/finish location on some of the records would show an AETR country so the marking would be unnecessary. If you were only transiting an AETR country you wouldn’t have a CMR for that country.

ok coffeeholic thanks for that,did not know a driver can stick with aetr rules for whole journey if only transitting an aetr country-will have to remember that if transitting switzerland going to/from italy in the future.

CALUM:
ok coffeeholic thanks for that,did not know a driver can stick with aetr rules for whole journey if only transitting an aetr country-will have to remember that if transitting switzerland going to/from italy in the future.

Switzerland is not listed as an AETR country and I don’t think, although please don’t take it as fact, that AETR rules apply. You would be better to check it out with somebody competent before running to those rules on a journey to or through Swiss.

I found THIS which states Swiss vehicles in goods transport are subject only to AETR rules and not EU rules but don’t think that applies to non Swiss vehicles, as in EU registered vehicles, heading there.

Norway is also neither EU nor AETR and I’m sure EU rules apply for journeys to there.