Polski move homeski

Scotchbaz:
I’ve got to say though orys, that you’re the type of bloke I really like to have banter with in a pub, with a bit of luck we’ll be able to do that sometime down the road.

I changed my industry from driving to interpeting now, but if you ever will be somewhere arround Glasgow just give me a bell (my phone is listed in Euro Forum) and we can go for a pint :slight_smile:

Its America’s fault!

Scotchbaz:
Poland was not part of the British Empire, far less British isles, so why should Britain carry the can? Remember that when you point the finger of blame at someone else, there are four pointing back at yourself.

Tell that to people who fought for Britain during the war, that Britain was never part of Poland and they should not give their lives for it…

We fought for you Orys, you fought WITH us to defeat the Nazis that invaded your country!

My paternal Grandfather was one of the men who helped restart Volkswagen after the war, did Britain get anything for that, apart from a few free cars at the time, no.

So somehow Britain was able to deliver some help to others despite it’s bankruptcy. And yet: did ever Germany was a part of a British empire? I guess no.

You choosed to help for free them, who attacked you during the war and left these, who were defending you.
[/quote]
We learned our lesson after WW1 Orys. It is widely agreed that the punitive terms applied to Germany after that war were largely responsible for creating the conditions that led to the Nazis coming to power. And Germany became the border between East and West so having a strong country in that position was vital to the West. We had also moved into the nuclear age Orys and I think any attempt to attack the Russians would probably have seen nuclear weapons used. Do you think that would have been worth it? I don’t.

tartanraider:
We fought for you Orys, you fought WITH us to defeat the Nazis that invaded your country!

When Germans ivaded Poland you told them “we are at war” and did… ehm, not too much as “your country wasn’t in too good condition yet”.

We fought for you when Germans tried to invade your country even when our country was under total ocupation…

How you see that it’s all depends of where you were sitting.

We learned our lesson after WW1 Orys. It is widely agreed that the punitive terms applied to Germany after that war were largely responsible for creating the conditions that led to the Nazis coming to power. And Germany became the border between East and West so having a strong country in that position was vital to the West. We had also moved into the nuclear age Orys and I think any attempt to attack the Russians would probably have seen nuclear weapons used. Do you think that would have been worth it? I don’t.

[/quote]
You don’t, becouse you were in Britain, not in Poland :stuck_out_tongue:

But I don’t think that to nuke each other was the only option. Somehow it was managed to keep Greece within Western sphere of influence without London being nuked by Soviets. That shows that it was still some field for negotiations.

When Germans ivaded Poland you told them “we are at war” and did… ehm, not too much as “your country wasn’t in too good condition yet”.

We’ve done this one already Orys. I know you’re not that thick. I’m fiercely proud of what my country did to defeat the Nazis and you and your wee Polish chip ain’t gonna change that!

We fought for you when Germans tried to invade your country even when our country was under total ocupation…

Yeah, what was left of your lot Orys. And you were less prepared than us! I mean cavalry against the Nazis? Charge of the Light Brigade again…and so you came over here and we housed you and fed you and trained you to be soldiers and pilots. Took our bloody jobs again!

How you see that it’s all depends of where you were sitting.

You appear to be sitting in the Home for the Blind!

But I don’t think that to nuke each other was the only option. Somehow it was managed to keep Greece within Western sphere of influence without London being nuked by Soviets. That shows that it was still some field for negotiations.
[/quote]
Why didn’t you help yourself like the Paddies did and set up the Polish Republican Army and fight the Russkies yourselves?
I note also from your earlier post you now do interpreting for a living. Nice move! You come over here,■■■■ up the driving work and then move into a nice wee number solely created to cater for foreigners who come here to work and can’t be arsed to learn the lingo! And all at taxpayers expense! That’s me BTW! And you have the ■■■■■■■ brass neck to moan about how we abandoned your lot. Cheeky ■■■■■

tartanraider:
We’ve done this one already Orys.

And we agreed that it looks differently from both sides - I just want you to understand Polish point of view, don’t want to convince you, as we both know that it’s impossible.

Yeah, what was left of your lot Orys. And you were less prepared than us! I mean cavalry against the Nazis? Charge of the Light Brigade again…and so you came over here and we housed you and fed you and trained you to be soldiers and pilots. Took our bloody jobs again!

Myth 1: Cavalery. Yes, there was some cavalery units. They were towing a little canons behind horses. And yes, when they were overgunned they tried to do everything to defent their country - I bet you would do the same…
Myth 2. Poland has no modern army in 1939. Actually Poland has really good machines, like,for instance, PZL “ŁoÅ›” bomber en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL.37_%C5%81o%C5%9B which was one of the most modern aircrafts of the time. And it wasn’t only one, some products of PZL was even sold to Britain. But Germans simply had more.
Myth 3. Poland has best pilots in the time, most of aerosports events during the 20s and 30s shown that Poland and Germany has the best pilots. Again, as we were heavily overgunned we lost the september campaign. Nec Hercules contra plures. Plenty of Pilots joined RAF and they were really iritated that they, who had already some real fighting experience were kept norht, when unexperienced Britisbh pilots was dying on the front. Off course with typical British attitude, that “some guys from wild country would not teach as how to do something, as we are the best in everything” no-one wanted to listen to them. Until they showed their skills during the German attack from Norway. After that the RAF heads decided to allow them to join the battle. Yet, altough Polish units joined the fighrs late and Polish Pilots was 5% of all RAF pilots, they made 12% of damages. So with all my respect for British Pilots, who were also very good, I am sure of that, the Poles were the last people who needed their lessons.

And as for “taking jobs” - during Battle of Britain there was REAL shortage of skilled pilots, so nothing wrong with that :slight_smile:

You appear to be sitting in the Home for the Blind!

Becouse I am showing you different point of view?
It’s my observation, that it’s hard for Brits to put themselves in position of other people. Maybe it has something with your islander isolations and language?

Why didn’t you help yourself like the Paddies did and set up the Polish Republican Army and fight the Russkies yourselves?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cursed_soldiers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pozna%C5%84_1956_protests
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Polis … cal_crisis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_1970_protests
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czerwiec_1976

Is it nothing?

From the one hand you admit that whole Western world could do nothing to free Poland from Soviet ocupation. From the other you sudenly expect that Poles will do it alone…

I note also from your earlier post you now do interpreting for a living. Nice move! You come over here,[zb] up the driving work and then move into a nice wee number solely created to cater for foreigners who come here to work and can’t be arsed to learn the lingo! And all at taxpayers expense! That’s me BTW! And you have the [zb] brass neck to moan about how we abandoned your lot. Cheeky [zb]!

1. I am also the taxpayer here.
  2. I never did nothing wrong with the driving work, I never worked for less than my British peers, and sometimes I even worked for more (some agencies were paying me more then to other drivers). So there must be reason different that I am cheaper that I had never problems to find a job. Maybe I was just good?
  3. It’s good that goverment started to provide Polish services, as even completely exotic languages have their leaflets and interpreters and Poles were always struggling to get anything in Polish. I can’t see a reason why all african languages, or Pakistani language or Indian languages or Chinese languages can be widely supported, when there is more Poles here than all colour people together and they don’t have it? (Try find some Polish language leaflet in Job Centre… Then ask for a Punjabi one :slight_smile: )
  4. Ok, it’s in a big part funded by goverment. That’s very nice of them. In Poland you won’t get an interpreter for free if you don’t speak Polish. But that rule, that everyone can have free interpreter was here much longer than we came here… So don’t blame Poles for that - it was here for years and I guess it was profitable for Britain, becouse if not, you will withdraw this service long time ago.
  5. Last but not least: if I have a skills and if someone need my skills, why should I not work for him if he’s paying good?

I worked with a Polish man back in 1974 in a factory in Dundee.He was a good bloke to get along with.If we would learn languages then we could steal work from locals in other E.U. countries.!!