Political discussions...

it always makes me smile when people complain that boris wasn’t transparent. can you imagine the mess the media would of made of everything when joe public couldn’t comprehend what stay home for 2 weeks meant. how would they of understood anything above that

So…given we are off on a tangent,
What are the Labour promises that are unachievable?

The man was a highly-educated idiot who was only happy when things were going his way, all he could see was keeping businesses and schools open as long as possible, rather than taking sensible but hard choices.

And his response to how to deal with the massive furlough debt? Shops would open longer on Sundays… The country could spend its way out of debt. FFS… Re-tard par excellence

He only got elected because Corbyn was an unthinkable option, even for us up here beyond The Red Wall.

Have I ever said that Labour are in any way great or wonderful?
I haven’t.

I have said that the Tories are bad and I have shown evidence for that.

You can vote for whomsoever you want, of course you can.
If you choose to vote for the Tories because they are better for wages, the NHS, the economy generally, then I will continue to point out the arguments against that.

You are still wearing your “drama queen” crown.
Because I think that the Tories are very poor shower, worse than any previous Gov I can remember, does not mean that I think Labour are a magic bullet.

Starmer seems like quite a decent leader to me. Not a flashy bloke, not obviously on the make for his own family, not a power hungry nut working for non-dom sponsors.
More pragmatic and realistic than Corbyn.

No way would he win or indeed be on some stupid “reality TV” show.
Johnson, Farage, etc? Very entertaining on the box, but would you want them looking after a sick child? Awful thought.
So why trust idiots like that with the country?

see above as we have been discussing all day

you said it even more succinctly meet the new boss…

but that doesnt fit in with the conservative bashing that is enjoyed

that was one part of his plan he wanted to do a lot of things but the trouble is the media pick on one thing and say this is his plan and the masses belive it because they cant be bothered to check the source and actually watch/read what he said. same people were sitting moaning what does stay home for 2 weeks mean.

I have seen no Labour promises.

try scrolling back to post 99 and 100

if you dont like mp’s giving out peerages to their mates you better not look at this https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn05867/

boris gave out 21 the least amount where as blair gave out 374

this is what scares me is that some dim witted troll like stammer gets in undoes everything that has taken 15 years to achive by reversing brexit and reopening the borders but people will still shout about boris. We had that last time labor got in all you kept hearing was oh thatcher did so and so didnt matter how madly and illegally Blair was screwing the country.

Blair gave peerages to his mates, just like Johnson? Nonsense.

After being in the Labour Manifesto, there were white papers public consultations, debates and votes about Reform for the HoL. That led to dismissing many hereditary peers and their replacement with life peers.

To equate that with Johnson and his buddies, such as Lebedev who the security services described as a security risk is grossly misleading.

Suggesting equity between Blair and Johnson is crazy.

Thanks.
The aims of the Labour party set out at the beginning of 2023.
No promises at all then? Just to be accurate.

2 second on google
https://www.google.com/search?q=who+did+tony+blaire+give+a+peerage+to&client=firefox-b-d&sca_esv=ea8a5e562c8e2e39&sxsrf=ACQVn09GrMvje24vQoSUpT78-REMFbG85g%3A1712076765442&ei=3TcMZoPJGpHQhbIPioC78Ac&ved=0ahUKEwjDq7r7_qOFAxURaEEAHQrADn4Q4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=who+did+tony+blaire+give+a+peerage+to&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiJXdobyBkaWQgdG9ueSBibGFpcmUgZ2l2ZSBhIHBlZXJhZ2UgdG8yCRAhGAoYoAEYCjIJECEYChigARgKMgYQIRgVGApIpXlQzhdYqHVwA3gAkAEAmAGdAaAB2BuqAQUyNy4xMbgBA8gBAPgBAZgCKKACjx3CAgoQABhHGNYEGLADwgIEECMYJ8ICERAAGIAEGIoFGJECGLEDGIMBwgIKEAAYgAQYigUYQ8ICDhAuGIAEGLEDGMcBGNEDwgIIEAAYgAQYsQPCAgsQABiABBiKBRiRAsICCxAAGIAEGLEDGIMBwgITEC4YgAQYigUYQxixAxjHARjRA8ICBRAAGIAEwgIKEAAYgAQYFBiHAsICBxAAGIAEGA3CAgYQABgWGB7CAgsQABiABBiKBRiGA5gDAOIDBRIBMSBAiAYBkAYIkgcFMjMuMTegB_DuAQ&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

i would ask if you had heard the terms tonys cronies… but why set up for a denial or more accuratly for it to be ignored

thats all i could find that i didnt have to pay money to see or get bombarded with pop ups asking for money… but we all know how open and transparent the labour ;party is

No. bWrong.
On 9 June 2023, the government announced seven new life peerages would be created as part of Boris Johnson’s resignation honours. This means that 10 new life peerages have been announced in 2023 so far, and 105 have been announced since January 2020. In the 2010s, 313 new life peerages were announced.

Blair in power for years, gave out more but that was part of a reformation of the HoL.
Of course some were roundly criticised by the press.

Johnson gave out 105 in 3 years.

Frangers mate, the drama queen thing is wearing a bit thin, but hey!..if it makes you feel better using it instead of answering a perfectly concise and legitimate question then crack on mate.

(Incidentally the irony aint lost on me that to my eternal amusement,I am continuously labelled a drama queen by the biggest drama queen on the forum :joy:…the man who takes the whole politcal plight of the country on his shoulders, and who takes himself sooo seriously during his pontification, not to mention his constant patronising, when discussing political issues with other TN members, but you plainly fail to see that, so I will leave you in your ignorant bliss :wink: )

I notice you still continue to evade my question, but continue venting bile towatds the Tories instead, thus offering me zero incentive or chance to see your Labour pov, (which I find strange as you certainly aint backward at coming forwards on any other political point or subject)
So consequently my conclusion on it ?..
4 words,
All wind and pi55’.
Cheers.

You don’t like my responses then?
Well. they are my own. in my own words. Maybe not what you want to hear?
But hey ho!

Good gosh, yes pleease.

Get back shorter NHS waiting lists.
More affordable housing.
Real value pay rises.

Sounds good to me!

What responses to my particular question exactly?

You mean the cop outs, smokescreens,.and sideswipes interspersed with childishness?

Seems like your faith in your party is not as strong as you make out, what other conclusion could anybody come to.
Yep hey ho, your true colours adequately displayed.

As I said…All wind and pi55…:joy::joy: