Political discussions...

Ohh, yes please.

Links to the false links please :grinning:

The average UK woman now has 1.7 children (ONS)

Total nonsense.
Where do you get this stuff?

So you are “propping up the myth they are all in for the money”!

Really?

■■■■■■■ Really??

Well I’m sat here clutching my jewels waiting for Frangers ekection campaign.
Still no shortage of Tory knocking comparisons though.

sorry that was a little unfire not everything you provide links to is proven false. Partygate was one as the first report said no rules were broken. at the time of each of the 16 incidents the rules stated that you could gather in small groups and could return to work. Just because downing street has a bar it is still a place of work. there are 100’s of other allegations that are still banded about What i think is a scandal is the 100’s of people i used to see on a daily basis gathered on clapham common and other public spaces during the complete lock down and the police literally standing there watching them and dont try and tell me they were exersising they were sat in huge groups drinking. if sitting on ya backside drinking beer is exersise im sure 99% of people would do it.

serious question here… do you live in france or are you in the uk… if france when is the last time you visited the uk and gone round the housing estates. every other house is stuffed to the rafters with kids.

from this site Births in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics

In 2022, there were 605,479 live births in England and Wales, a decrease of 3.1% compared with 2021 (624,828). Although there was a small increase in the number of live births in 2021, the number of live births in 2022 was lower than the number of live births in 2019 and remains in line with the recent trend of decreasing live births observed before the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic (Figure 1). The number of live births in 2022 was the lowest number seen since 2002.

so thats approx 605,000 women that needed hospital treatment and care (approx because some will of gone private and some would of had twins etc) that is still all those babies that need to see doctors for their entire lives.

of course they are as i am in driving a lorry for the money

yes really. if i want to be an engineer i have to pay course fees and housing costs same as any other degree level course.

im glad you didn’t faint i was worried about you

So data showing different aspects of UK life. You yourself can see the sources and go check up on the accuracy.
Have I knocked the Tories unfairly? Have I said anywhere in the recent thread that the Tories are horrible? Or just presented the bare facts?

If you think the Tories need “knocking”, I will certainly agree with you though!

PartyGate now!?

Thank you, so not “popping them out then”.

My last job was a lower paid one than previously. I chose it as it was what I wanted to do. Even I wasn’t in it just for the money.
Similarly Drs and Nurses would mostly not work for nothing, they are not on the whole “just in it for the money”. Most of them could get better paid work elsewhere if they chose.
Consultants do get good pay, but that is after years of training and hard work with antisocial hrs. They are not protected by tachograph laws! " In Foundation training, you will earn a basic salary of £32,398 to £37,303 "
Those who are clever enough to get a medical degree could probably qualify for a job in a Merchant or similar in The City and do far better for less effort.

And as a degree qualified engineer you will have a greater earning potential than a Nurse or Ward Sister.
If we want people to spent out their own cash to get a better job that is one thing, but to expect them to spend out money for years to get a worse paid job?
Really?

We need to recruit the best potential people possible, and that includes those who don’t have well off families to support them during training.
The Nurses’bursary was never going to make them rich, but it is a good incentive to get more in the jobs we need people in. The wages are no great incentive!

Frangers man ffs,.which part of ‘I agree with you about the Tories’ do you not understand?? …note no childish jibes or insults for the record. :sunglasses:

You need to stop responding like this or I will be known here on after as Gummy Rob with all the teeth I am pulling.

How many more times?
I have to say my pearls are getting sore hun with constant clutching, my 2 brain cells have turned on each other, my immature demeanour is in turmoil.

We have heard how bad the Tories are from you time and time again.
The argument you seem to be putting across but not directly as far as I can detect, is ‘‘I can’t say with conviction that Labour will do any better, but at least they wont be as bad as The Tories’’… for this that and the other example.
I mean man wtf !

Put me out of my misery, my Drama Queen vibe is off the scale here…Tell me/us how Labour will do a better job than the Tories have…it aint a difficult question ffs, especially with you being a die hard Labour man.
Again…Over to you.

cobblers

band 5 nurse with no experience £28,407
just incase you try to say they arent band 5

junior engineer which is what you would be with a batchlers degree

The starting salary for junior Engineering jobs is £26,000.

please dont bother posting some propaganda link that is the median of all salaries from junior engineer to senior manager engineer we both know how averages work or should do

don’t forget that the engineer has also paid out 30k approx in course fees

so all the poor hard done by nurse has had to do is pay for the digs and gets 2.5k more than the engineer that has paid 30k more than the nurse

edit to add. after 2 years the nurses salary increases to £30,639 the engineer needs another years experience to go up a pay grade.

also dont forget nurses get an annual pay rise of 3 % on top of cost of living guaranteed (thank you boris) the engineer is guaranteed nothing

you wanted to go into a particular type of job so you took a pay cut are you seriously telling me that if you could of done that job and found away to make more money doing it either by a different wage or some other scam of working 5 days but getting paid 9 you wouldn’t of done it.

Are you seriously slagging off nurses? With all the crepe they have to put up with, such as the risk of being physically assaulted while they’re trying to help people?

There’s no shortage of references to this topic, here’s just one

no we were discussing the labour promises that are unachievable by any reasonable standared that that disintegrated by topic avoidance into funding for them to become a nurse and further disintegrated into how much they are paid compared to someone that has paid for their degree. Unless of course your saying that if they were paid more being assaulted doesn’t matter. staff security is a separate issue to pay

to add to my previous post as someone is replying i am not a fan of “hazard pay” if the job is dangerous then make it safe by spending money on equipment training and appropriate staff in this case proper security.

If someone offered a pay hike for that same job would I take it? Yes.

Would I do a scam, and deliberately waste time or money or make other people suffer to get more money? No.

And if you are suggesting that is going on in the NHS, please provide some sort of evidence.

No one should need be be assaulted in the course of their daily work, though at least one occupation makes that pretty hard to avoid (police).

Bottom line as I see it, is that the next Prime Minster will almost certainly not be a Conservative.

Will that be based on Labour’s policies? Despite what they might be currently believing, not really.

What most politicians fail to understand is that the average voter simply gets fed up with the incumbent government and thinks “lets give the other lot a chance” .

Will it make a difference to the lives of the average person? Not in any life-changing way.

If you’re old enough to be familiar with The Who, you might have heard the line
“Meet the new boss, same as the old boss”

i am a who fan…

this is what started this part of the discussion we were saying to Franglais ok sell us on why we should vote labour rather than continuing on with the conservatives or some other party or even not vote.

Additionally, and because I’ve seen your enthusiastic support for Boris, despite all the evidence that’s he’s as dodgy an ex-PM as you would expect of an old-Etonian , Bullingdon Club member, we in the Tees Valley area will, I fully expect, be sending a very clear message to incumbent Conservative Tees Valley Mayor, “Baron” Ben Houchen, that accepting a peerage from a disgraced ex-PM, made worse by the acceptance being while you are still in office, makes you equally tainted by association with said dodgy character, not to mention all the other Bojo style tactics such as “lack of transparency” and “culture of excessive confidentiality” , when dealing with millions of pounds sloshing around for “regional development”. Not at all unlike the Labour quagmire caused by T Dan Smith in the 1970’s

incidently i have just spent 20 mins on the phone with the benefit office they just kept repeating the same information that didnt answer my issue after the 5th time of trying different ways of phrasing it i was tempted to ask her the colour of her knickers just to see if it was actually a human i was talking to.

Would it be right of me to do it probably not which is why i didnt but people do get aggravated with idiots that haven’t a brain cell

Simples: The electorate feel a change is in order, generally not more than that is required, the exception being that the previous Labour offering was too shocking to contemplate

Don’t confuse any views on intelligence with the existence of bureaucracy, totally seperate things