Political discussions...

Boris? Elections? AND Rules ?
Get the mods to delete it fast ffs, before Frangers gets up to continue his daily TN political campaign.
I’m getting worried about his blood pressure on this thread…this could tip him over the edge.:flushed:
Ambulance on stand by at least.

:joy:

Your concern for my health is truly touching.
I am very, very, thankful that caring generous persons such as yourself are here.

Imagine if the polling officer had two persons arrive without ID. One a stranger and one his wife.
Should he allow his wife to vote, but turn away the stranger? Would that be fair?

It seems that several thousand people weer refused votes because of no ID.
In previous years there have been tens os cases of personation.

Is preventing tens of illegal voters proportionate to refusing thousands of
legitimate voters?

Or is something else happening here?

As I understand it at least Franglais is retired so can dedicate as much time as he feels necessary to this topic, it concerned me that Coops might have been holding off getting a new job until he had convinced his adversary he was right.

Sounds like he has a new job though, so no reason for worry!

nope hadnt sacrificed job hunting just takes time for the hr gods to get sorted

1 Like

Dont mention it mate my concern for you is paramount.
As for the scenario you have addressed to me…
My answer would be…
I don’t share your over zealous enthusiasm for all this cack, the world aint on my shoulders, so I’m firmly embedded in the CGAF camp on it tbh.
But Cheers anyhoo.

no one would give a hoot. only a moaning entitled snowflake would say anything. It would be clear from the outset that they are known to the person as they would of addressed each other and the poll attendant wouldnt of asked the address.

The entitled idiot knew who boris was and went out of their way to make a point to mess him around. They will probably dine out o it for months with their equally silly entitled friends thinking how great they must be to get one over on boris.

Ah the “Ronnie Pickering Gambit”?

1 Like

Yes, didn’t the dooorman know Boris is “special” and the rules don’t apply to him? Good on that doorman, one rule for everyone :+1:

Colour me surprised…
Ben Houchen has retained the title of Mayor in Tees Valley.

There was someone who got into a bit of an argument with a pc on gate duty at the top of Downing St some time back, but I can’t remember who. I think they ended up paying a price for the outburst.

I would say the ‘don’t you know who I am’ phrase originally belonged to the old Etonians and their like, Boris is probably in the very small number of people who might say it without it being ironic.

Top of my head… didn’t he allegedly call the coppers prolls, but really did not?
Tory chairman, or whip, or similar?

Ah, Plebgate, yes, former Chief Whip Andrew Mitchell

Plebgate - Wikipedia

So…
The judge considered that the copper did not invent the “pleb” jibe.
My error.
I thought that Mitchell was not quite as bad as he was.

:wink:

My 2 pennyworth now I’ve time to comment.
Guy sounds a bit of a self important jobsworth fanny …a '‘Rules is Rules’ , and sod common sense type.
Was he wearing a new hi viz and an i.d lanyard do ya reckon? :smile:

If he looks like Boris, sounds like Boris, actually IS Boris then ffs let him in. :roll_eyes:

Maybe the only bit of power the guy has, so he’s exploiting it, or a Boris hater …or both.

Aye, that surprised the life out of me too, especially as it had even resulted in my ex-wife bringing herself to agree with me about something! For she and I to be united in despisment of The Blue Baron seemed portentous…

Rishi Sunak was overjoyed with the view through his selective news filter: Despite the obvious fact that his consituents in Richmond (the northern one, not the other one) elected a Labour Mayor for York and North Yorkshire, and to the north of Tees Valley, the North-east also elected a Labour candidate. A thorn between two red roses :rofl:

glad to see i live in a sensible area out of 52 seats conservatives got 25 and labour got 4 trailing behind a couple of independent parties now all we have to do is get one of the conservative candidates ro replace whately and we are moron free

And now Deputy (not fit even as an elected MP to be actual) Foreign Secretary. Obviously a failed politician who can’t be arsed to chase votes anymore and is now a bloody lord for goodness’ sake, Mister Cameron, is more fit for the post. :rage:

I think that Moorhouse might have been wise, if he took legal advice before this video was released.

I imagine he might very well have chosen his words carefully, The Blue Baron doesn’t care about unnecessarily forcing legal cases to be heard in court, he’s not the one that will be footing the bills, like the very large and unnecessary bills still to come for his interference in PD Ports legal rights of access to it’s own properties.

What a shock! From The Torygraph:
(Nigel Farage's legacy will wreak havoc on the Conservative Party) "Farage has given his strongest indication yet that he will not return to front-line politics at the general election, saying the US presidential race is more important than the UK vote.

Speaking to The Telegraph from the United States, where he spent the week of the local elections instead of campaigning for Reform, Mr Farage played down the idea that he would run as a general election candidate."

So, no real shock the person who has previously said:
“I’ve been loyal to Donald Trump since the summer of 2016”, is now putting a foreign election over a general UK election.