Political discussions...

i know its serious but this is what sickens me about all politics big companies calling the shots and its always back room dealing.

Really nice clip from Farage.

Nice to read the comments too.
Most seem to mark him out for who he really is.
Affirming his loyalty to a foreign ex-President, and not Putain this time.

you really dont like politicians that have the balls to do what they say they are going to do do you

once again its just click baite for the woke brigade he didnt say he was going to support labour in america he said the only job he would do was if someone like starmer got into power over there he would act as mediator between the that person and the whitehouse clearly stating that would never happen.

no need ro read the comments probably all anti people with any gumption at all ie trump farage boris etc

brexit hasnt failed… where are the starving horeds
where is the ecconomy colapse… where is the lack of export where are the huge queues of people trying to go on holiday to spain etc and all the other cobblers people came up with.

yes there are lots of reports that no doubt you have booked marked and egarly awaiting for someone to comment but the stark reality is 99.9999% of it is blamed on brexit but the far side of nothing to do with it.

Farage also said Trump was going to win the US presidential election; the only US former president who has ever faced criminal charges is a winner in his book…

I would happily contribute to a gofundme page to send Farage into the bosom of his buddy Donald, on the condition that he never darkens our shores again

Try speaking to all the hauliers who have quoted Brexit as one of the prime causes of them going into administration
“A record 494 British haulage businesses entered insolvency in 2023, nearly double the number two years earlier, according to the latest data from the Department for Business and Trade.”

Brexit was a stupid idea, widely promoted by people you seem to have a personal admiration for, yet has had, and continues to have, a huge negative consequence for this industry.

The On-Going Impact Of Brexit On The UK Trucking Industry.
https://forwardermagazine.com/how-has-brexit-affected-logistics-handling-services/

Failure?/Success?

Dad said let’s all go on a trip to the seaside!
It’'ll be great. We can sunbathe on a sandy beach, swim in the warm gentle waves. We can all have sea-side treats. We can get there in half an hour and it won’t be expensive at all.
Hoorah! we all cheered.

The following week we set off.
There was a diversion on the way so we sat in a queue for hours. The car overheated and the breakdown man charged us a lot of money, just for some more water for the engine.
It rained a lot and the wind blew very hard indeed. Mummy said it was too dangerous to go in the water. The ice-cream stand was closed. The fish and chip stall man was rude to us, and sand blew into the food, and a big seagull swopped down and attacked us.
So then we were not very happy and all went home.

Well, said Daddy I promised you a day at the the seaside, and we all got one, so that was a great success! Hoorah!

My friend at school had said that Margate isn’t very nice in January.
I think Daddy is a bit of a knob head.

Maybe it was a success, we were not all drowned, and only one of us caught a cold.

so nothing to do with brexit then

since brexit export has gone up 53 million between 2021 q1 to 2023 q4 biggest increase since 1997 q1. most went bust crying that they couldnt afford to put wages up nothing to do with brexit others went bust because world economy issues like covid and the ever given again nothing to do with brexit. Im sure there a handful of companies that didnt change their model to cope with the changing world and cried it was everyone elses fault

no joining the eu was a stupid idea. it allowed ungiverned and unelected officals to dictate what we did in our own country it flooded the work force with cheap labor forcing british people born and bred out of work or to work for wages less than what they were 20 years ago. It destroyed the economy as billions went out of the country rather than being spent in british businesses not to mention the billions we spent propping up other countries that were failing because there workforce was over here.

The damage done to farming and fishing industry is only just beginning to recover

you can post all the links of whining compaies that cant use migrant labor anymore crying into the cherios about the good old days when they were screwing england with out as much as a packet of crisps first

Trade increased a lot following the ending of last Covid lockdown and the start of vaccinations? No kidding!

From your Statista link.
Q4 of 2019 total UK trade was increased because of a “stocking up effect” but since it was the last quarter, here it is: £361, 000 b. approx.
Currently about £431,000b. (Q4 2023)
Sound good?
Adjusting for inflation. (BoE tool)
£361 in 2019 should be £442 to day.
So we currently trading about £11,000b less than when we were in the EU.
We have just had 5 Quarters of decrease in trade.

Were all the Brexit effects there on day one? Of course not. That would have woken up some of the fan boys.
Some more half-arsed measures are coming in today.

The full effects of Brexit are cumulative. Seen any “Fly-By-Night” trucks lately? Seen their reg number plates?

Do you really believe that? Really?

How many farmers and fishers do you talk to?

The UK GDP seems to do OK in the EU for decades… and then in 2009 a Global recession hits. A big fall. Then year of recovery. Then…flat-lining for 14 years.
So is it the EU or did summat happen in 2010?

Let me spell it out more clearly - trucks are not going into Europe because being out of the EU makes the process too much of a PITA

This means too many trucks are doing a round trip where the return journey they are empty

“Backloads” are ESSENTIAL to profitability - ask any haulier

Ergo, it has EVERYTHING to do with Brexit and nothing to do with using “migrant labor”

you show me the stats to support that because i cant find anything like that

thats a shame the remoaners said we would all be starving in 6 months with nothing on the shelves.

too bloody right i do look at all the damage it has done. and all the good that has come out of it since we left. i dont mean the crying into the cereal type i mean the ones that no have jobs have pay increases have security in their jobs better terms and conditions able to control our own prices rather than what the eu says we should set it at. Control our own immigration rather than being stuck with all the ■■■■■■ murdering scum none of the benefits we have enjoyed over the last 3.5 years would of been possible if we were still in the eu. no more european courts over ruling our own courts decisions

I can walk up the road now and see cattle and lambs in the fields. fishing industry returning to hastings etc. No more dodgy beef from france that turns out to be horse meat but nothing done abiut it other than a slapped wrist. no more spanish fishing vessels taking more than their quota and desemating our oceans

need i go on/

so what you are saying is too many thick gits that cant work out they need to pick up a back haul from dover or wherever rather than farm it out to johnny forigner on the cabbage rules (misspelling meant)

I’m sure these “thick gits” would love to employ someone with credentials and experience in running a haulage business, who could “work out they need to pick up a back haul from dover or wherever” on their behalf.

Remind me again, of your years of experience as an HGV Operator and I’ll punt your services to the next struggling haulier I speak to

If the only side of the industry you’ve ever experienced is behind the wheel of a truck, then you don’t know the half of what’s involved; the driving of the vehicle is merely the visible component, no different to the well known iceberg analogy

well you can work out they need a back load and i can and im sure most people on here can work it out and as imports is more than export at the moment it isnt rocket science to see if they take a load down to a port there must be a load back. Unless of course the cabage lot of got it. but you wont except that becayse you want to belive that we need to import the labor.

i fully except i have no tm experience nor do i have any traffic desk experience but most drivers could do a better job of being on the traffic desk than most the muppets i have seen.
I once did a general haulage job for a couple of days the address on one of the palets was www sunbridge 7oak and a postcode for portsmouth. some office wallah had decided that was a good enough address and planed it

all this asside many more haulage firms have managed to survive so they must be doing something different and to be honest with you most of the firms that are mentioned on here as going bust are up north where they didnt want brexit so as said they were probably crying into their cherios blaming brexit for their own failings

It is in your link

Did they?
Or was that the UK press setting up straw men?
I will tell you it is the latter.

No one with credibility said there would be starving children in the streets.

Falling trade was predicted.
Falling trade has happened.

Rising prices predicted.
Rising prices are here.

Starvation?
Pathetic straw man rubbish from the usual drama queens.

YES!
Please
Please do!

I will disagree with you here.

I know that there are lots of smaller exporters and importers who have simply stopped trading with the EU.
Lots of examples of this around. Try Daniel Lambert.

There are in fact fewer (good paying) loads around.
The full loads back to the EU were never good payers anyway, since the UK balance of payments meant we import more goods than we export.
I know of certain instances where it is now normal practice to simply ship out empty to avoid the hassle of export custom delays and the customers were simply told- “Brexit: you need to pay more in order to keep the shelves stocked”.
UK goods are hence more expensive.

And of course FBN have flagged out their fleet to overcome Cabotage rules.

i suggest you look at this

my link says 186k not 361 sorry also the link shows an overall rise in trade

where are the rising prices caused by brexit■■? i see rising prices due to inflation because of covid. being our of the eu enabled our government to put a cap on bills. france who produce the dang stuff have an energy cost rise of 9.8% ours has gone up from 1834 to 1928.

again Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED] - #2956 by franglais

So if someone drowns, and someone doesn’t…it is the fault of the person that drowns?
I am sure that Captain Smith and the White Star Line would agree with you.

Ha! Nonsense!
Never heard of the “red wall swing” in 2019?

Working things out on paper is easy; I’ve worked out I need a Masarati for about £5,000: Will I find one?
Finding backloads is easily said (and you have done so), actually finding them in the real world is a continual search for the Holy Grail, as the average haulier knows.

This is why chipliner work is a (messy) dream - lovely, jubbly guaranteed backloads every single gawd-dammed time, courtesy of Egger, Kronospan et al

No, there’s no must about it; that’s just an amateur assumption based on lack of experience in the non-driving side of the logistics industry.

But more importantly, you’re just making wild leaps now, you don’t know what I believe, because you’re too busy firing assumptions on all barrels: I have never, ever said anything about importing labour.

I said Brexit was a stupid idea, you’ve assumed that to mean imported labour, that is totally wrong. It is, and will continue to be for a very long time, the stupidest action this country has taken, because a small majority of people believed the BS populists like Johnson and Farage and we (the UK) are now on the outside looking in at the world’s largest trading bloc

“Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the most assumptive one of all…”

Now that looks to me very much like a broad spectrum of the whole of Great Britain: Northern England, Southern England, Midlands, Scotland and Wales.