Political discussions...

Dan Poulter has crossed the floor.

He has said, "he could no longer look his NHS colleagues and patients in the eye and stay on as a Conservative.

Dr Poulter, who works part time as a doctor, said that Conservatives were no longer focused on public services."
BBC and others

do i have to spoon feed everything to you for you to ignore it or shrug it off by shouting some irrelevant rubbish about the conservatives.

the silly cow wanted the renters reform bill then voted against it end of no confustion the woman is a liar and a hypocrite like her boss

ok someone wanted to build some houses approached jennick to get it done quick so they didnt have to pay some levy that wasnt in law yet after that the developer donated 12000 to the party big woop it was turned down by government so he applies 3 years later with twice the number of houses so what

DHESI et al stands to make millions if labour build 150,000 you still havent told me how much has been donated to the labour party by developers (bigger hint its in the millions) again you have picked on one or two people that have done bugger all wrong.

there are affordable homes already i can go and buy a flat for around 100k to get a 100% mortgage i need 3.5 times my combined income of 28.6k
minimum wage is 11.44 ph * 40 hours is 457.6 p/w or 23,795 per year which means my partner only has to earn 4,805 a year (ie work 1 day a week approx) to get the mortgage. It is that simple. no need for any benefits or anything.

What young people are complaining about isn’t affordable property its not being able to buy a 3 bed house with garden and driveway in the poshest part of town.

Since you are accusing Rayner and Starmer of lies and hypocrisy then it is for you to show any evidence you have to support those accusations, not me.

Well, since even Jenrick admits he made an unlawful decision, why are you defending him?

I haven’t told you how much Labour receive from builders?
Since you allege they receive millions it is up to you to tell us how much they receive!

I can find a few one bed flats in Kent for about 100k.
I hope that you and your partner have a very happy time raising your kids there.

here is just one…

Name of donor: Alison Wedgwood
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £16,000 paid to the central Labour Party for campaigning as Deputy Leader of the Labour Party, including the provision of a branded vehicle and related services
Donor status: individual
thats more than the 12k the other guy took except he took it 2 weeks after the fact not to get into power promising to build homes.

17 2 bed flats as i said above with 1 partner working full time on minimum wage and the other 1 day a week thats all they should be looking at. couldn’t afford to have more than 1 child. I did say flat when i quoted 100k but i also said there were affordable homes as well so both adults working 40 hour weeks on nlw is 47,590 3.5 times that is 166,565.

3 bed house

2 bed houses

3 bed flats

Including, cash buyers only, part purchase/part rental, needing renovation, with sitting tenant,…did you read what you linked to?

£16,000 is not millions, is it?
And where is Rayner’s and Starmer’s alleged hypocrisy?

i did filter out shared ownership so that 1 slipped through 13 flats then however that is 13 more than you found and for 75k what do you want you have 25k to renovate it assuming that you pay the asking price.

a 5% mortgage of 100k with nothing down is 585 a month. With a combined income of 28.6 k that is 2383 a month gross or 2123 net. which leaves 1537 a month for water, electric council tax and food so plenty to pay for some home improvements if the 25k doesn’t cover it. Of course the partner thats only working 8 hours a week could do more hours and at that level of income there would be benefits.

You can nit pick as much as you like but the point is there are places out there for the realistic. I would like the house i saw the other day on a private golf course for 13.6 million but even if i win the lottery i could never afford it.

nor is 12,000
i said it was just one of them i did read though that there is over 9 million in funding from property developers that got fed up with the conservatives because they wouldnt put another house every 2 yards

incidentally i miss remembered the number of houses the labour party has promised to build its 1,5 million not 150,000

Hmmmm… You may want to reconsider the implications of your sentiments.

Personally I’m very much in favour of democracy as a means of government. Especially since countless millions of people have in the past given up their lives to defend this system.

1 Like

if you want somthing done instantly then you need one person in charge to say whats going to happen. ie the chain of command. If you want the niceties of democracy then unfortunately it takes time and everything will come out the other end as a shadow of what it originally was.

this was my point about rayner she shouts she wants section 21 ban but then votes against it. so no they have to go back and make amendments to it have another reading etc etc it all takes time. if god forbid sunak could say right this is what we are doing take it or leave it it would of been done in a week if not less.

i believe the American system is when they want to add or change a law they have a national vote on it but i could be wrong about that. If it is the case however it seems a slightly better system than voting in a group of people and then having no say in what they do.

I fully accept that there are some cheap homes available.
Do you believe that the13 flats you found according to your criteria are enough for the whole of Kent?
Do you think there is enough affordable housing available?

Don’t you think that a plan to build another 1.5 million homes is a good thing? Or not?
Wouldn’t having more affordable homes, with higher energy standards be a good thing?

You stated that Labour stood to receive, or had already received, millions of quid from builders. You showed one donation to Rayner from a private individual.
About as much evidence as you have provided that Rayner and Starmer are liars and hypocrites.
None.

I can’t see anything about that?
Are you saying that Labour have received £9m from builders?
Since they got £21m in total in 2023 I would doubt that.

Well why not emigrate to Russia or North Korea, and see how you get on?
Post here about h…Oh, you won’t be able to, will you?

I believe that you are wrong.

that is what i found on one site at one particular time. there is private rent and social housing. not every single person wants to own their own home. for some god forsaken reason they think renting is better don’t ask me to explain it i dont get it. dont forget while they are in parents homes or social housing etc they could choose to save for a deposit and get a starter house/flat just like 99% on the forum did im willing to bet. Very very few people go out and get a house/flat that will last their changing requirements for a life time. You have to cut your cloth accordingly. so to answer your question yes there is enough housing affordable or otherwise.

Look at it another way labour says we need 1.5 million homes ignoring the communist connotations of every single person having a house so we are all equal there are only 67.85 million people in the uk. so what are the rest for?

i went to the other side of my local town the other day at 3pm it took me 1.5 hours to drive 1/2 a mile

you can drive from maidenhead west of london to herne bay with solid housing apart from 2 small gaps thats 130 km as the crow flies now thats some housing estate. there is no more space no more facilities and no more road capacity

if your going to accuse me of not providing proof when i have linked most things including all your non proof about boris and other conservatives at least dont split the evidence to score points.#

please read what i wrote. where did i say it wanted a dictatorship i fact i clearly indicated i didnt

i did say i could be but the little interest i have in american politics is they always seem to be voting on prop 123 or what ever

Well that is strange, since Labour and the Tories both promise more housing over many years.
Here is Liz Truss explaining how former Tory promises to build 200,000 new starter homes went:

I happen to believe that having a roof over one’s head has little to do with communism and much to do civilisation.

What are you on about?
Where is the alleged £9m for Labour?
Where is the alleged hypocrisy and lies

Since you were pointing out that dictators were able to make decisions instantly I guessed you thought that was a good thing.
I apologise for my misunderstanding. I didn’t realise that you were talking about…other stuff.

i couldn’t give a monkeys what the bike of the east says she is as bad as abbott and rayner as far as getting the story straight
however there is a big difference between 200,000 and 1,500,000 that starmer says we need. unless you are saying the population has grown 750%

roof yes house no. i thought this was self explanatory however most children under the age of 16 live with a parent or guardian and therefore have a roof over the heads and therefore dont need their own home and except in the case of emancipation are not allowed to live on their own. In fact you cannot own property in this country under the age of 18 by law

again i thought this was self explanatory to anyone. rayner wants the reform bill rayner asked specific questions in prime ministers question time about the section 21 despite being told at least 3 times they were voting that afternoon. rayner then proceeds to vote against the very thing she wanted and asked about.

I have exposed starmers lies in the above postings i cant be bothered to post them all again.

how on earth did you equate me saying

as me thinking its a good thing.

clearly i was commenting that democracy takes time as i then explained to zac

Rayner and all of Labour wanted an end to Section 21.
What was voted on was a future option to rescind S21 in 18months subject to changes in the court system.

A rusty old bike.

So she and Labour voted against a rusty old bike, and you think they should have accepted promises of better tomorrow from a bunch of has-beens? Section 21 was in the 2019 manifesto and has not been delivered yet, and now will not be. It could have been, but will not be.

Nope.
But you have posted a link that Tories are getting less money from builders, but nowt about Labour getting £9million.

i would take changes in the court system that allowed section 21 to be banned (the rusty bike accourdig to you) over saying yep we will ban it but there is no legal position for it to be banned so its bloody meaningless where you dont even get a rusty bike

post 418 - 431 then you gave up and switched to attack attkins

plus all the others i cant be bothered to go back and find

Oh…back when you thought that only Starmer and the CPS were prosecuting the Sub Post Masters?

Did I ignore those comments of yours? Or did I respond?
Did I point out that Starmer just might not be responsible for trespassers going onto land that he had previously sold?

Did I mention Atkins?
Yes I did. About as honest and trustworthy as every other current Tory Minister… :wink:

you mean back when he was prosecuting them then lied and said he wasnt then said oh well there might of been 2 or 3 then turns out there were at least 11 that the cps admitted to. I never said you did ignore it i said that when you couldnt reasonably defend starmer anymore you switched to attacking attkins

starmer had a plot of land that was in his mothers name that he had bought then decided that it was his really but forgot to declaire it and tried to say that it was his mothers.

he sold the land and the next day someone that had bought the parcel next door 18 months before hand moved travelers onto it. Im sure he didnt have a conversation with the owner and decide it was time to sell before his land became worthless and it was his forgetful memory that stopped him declaring it to his buyer honest gov