Political discussions...

Yep, you certainly show many aspects of the type of guy you are :sunglasses:
Keep it up.:+1:

I note still no sign of answering my question in the latest chance I gave you in my last post but one…but hey ho.

Just to point out…
I have an utterly irrational ‘hatred’ towards Russel Brand and ‘H’ from Steps :joy:
But I certainly have NOT read their biographies. :joy:

I think I have already said on this thread that I am not in the least inclined to predict the future.

I am OK with looking at what has happened in the past, and sort of assuming that those who have behaved rationally in the past, will likely do so in the future.
Just like seeing that those who have a very consistent track record of being liars in the past, turn out to be mostly liars in the future.

I will try explaining again:
I have not found found things out about Johnson because I dislike him.
I have found out things about him because he is involved in current affairs.
What I have found out leads me to dislike him.

I have also read a bit about many political figures.
Some from all parties seem like honourable and honest people.
Some from all parties seem like nasty people.

And it seems to me to be quite rational to dislike lazy, scheming, liars.
Maybe you disagree?

No need to Boycott Cowbridge in future, the news breaking this week is now believed to be a wind up

Ian ‘H’ Watkins from Steps ‘fell off his chair’ after discovering he was being honoured with 8ft statue in Cowbridge | UK News | Sky News

Ok fair enough,.enough of the good natured (on my part anyhow) banter tennis between wa :smile: it seems (for now :joy:)
You have made your point.
However I still think you come across, maybe not intentionally as hating the guy personally, but hey, let’s let it go.

We have discussed the fact before that I think 99.9% of MPs are self serving ‘Roger Hunts’, and not happy unless they have their fat snouts in whatever the fashionable metaphorical trough of the day may be.
Expenses a fine example.

I have also stated they are (again in MY opinion) ALL effin liars…nature of the beast, part of the course etc and all that,.which you have refuted.
Some are better at it than others, some are better at covering and getting away with them than others, the ones in that particular category seem to be more successful… cough Tony Blair cough cough.:smile:.

Boris was just ‘not that good’ at covering his own arse,.which led to his downfall, was it naivety, invompetence or both, I dont know (my conspiracy theory hat tells me it was intentional , and down to the likes of his ‘friends’ colleagues and advisors, the likes of ‘Mr GOVEweasel’ ,.but thats anothet argument for another day.)

A different guy with different ways who could have been in Boris’s position at the time, as PM and did things in exactly the same way, but with a talent for arse covering, may have got away with it…who knows/cares ?

No taste those lot at Cowbridge.:roll_eyes:
Now a statue of Claire and Faye? now yer talking.

https://images.app.goo.gl/QMtbGron9gzuTkvR7

Just adding a bit of eye candy to lighten up a tedious thread btw :joy:
(Stress NOT a Steps fan by any stretch, I just keep abreast of aspects of popular music,… in my nature as an ex ‘Superstar DJ’ :sunglasses: :joy::joy: )

Where tf is Cowbridge exactly?..edit just read the link.
Anyway back to highbrow seriousness…slaps himself across face .:smiley:

Really getting into this political stuff…
Before I go out to watch the football Frangers.:grin:

I just see on Sky that the same or similar tactics are currently being used on Angela Rayner that were used on BJ, this time about her tax affairs concerning homes owned by her and her estranged husband.
Both personalities popular and prone to many votes, in their own different ways,…so ‘Let’s start a smear campaign and discredit them, because we actually fear them’ is the routine order of the day…as I say,.the Brit political system stinks to high heaven.

Angela Rayner is appealing to ‘real’ people and/or working class people.
As far as I remember she grew up in a council house (nowt wrong with that btw many of us did) with a druggie mother, got pregnant at 16 ish, worked and was a Union rep.
So the lass has seen a bit of real life, not cosseted advantaged and wealthy Oxbridge type out of touch life.
If she was Labour leader, and changed policies back to working class priorities, I for one would (being true to form Frangers :joy:) vote for her…being Jill the ladette down the boozer. :joy:

Excellent :grinning:

For what it is worth even if she was leader I think Labour policies would be much the same. The leader wouldn’t dictate all the manifesto. And she must agree with what is proposed, so….she thinks Labour are good for working class folk.

There is no doubt that the press are out for Rayner.
But here is summat: remember when Michael Foot was leader?
The press were always on about his hair and his “donkey jacket”. They talked about Corbyn not wearing a tie all the while. They criticised Blair for wearing good suits.
Then when Johnson walked about with scruffy hair and a ramshackle appearance?
Hey! All good !

If Rayner has done anything wrong it will be found out and shouted about very loudly.
I did hear her say with a grin about revealing her tax affairs to the public gaze:
“You show me yours, and I’ll show you mine!”
Not many (not any?) Tory politicians are queuing up with open accounts.

Thing is like I said personality counts.
Charisma is a big thing, BJ (like it or not) had loads, despite (or maybe even because of) his dishevelled appearance.
Where as Foot had zero charisma or style appeal…a lot like Corbyn in fact.

All this stuff is recognised technique and widely used in campaigns I would say.

I personally find suit and tie wearers a bit false, for example to shoehorn in my favourite subject, I went right off Ant & Dec at St James Park wearing their suits…wtf was that all about ? :roll_eyes:
A guy or a Politician with an open neck shirt gives off a ‘ready to get to work’ kind of vibe.

A.Rayner is knocked for her working class accent, and a slight speech impediment, but she thumbs her nose at her critics by being …‘on the ball’ and astute.
That is turning negative aspects into appealling aspects I reckon.
Yep, one of the very few MPs I actually like.

I aint against Labour as such, it’s the whole system, the ways, the 'right honourable member bull crap, (the guy who sent his dodgy dicck pics to his gay lover werent too right honourable) the people involved I have the problem with, in whatever party.
A whole cluster ■■■■ and shower of sh.

heres one for you @franglais do you think people that are high earners living in council houses should pay a fair market rent? starmer voted against it he doesn’t mind high earners living in council property and only paying the lha rate. you say you dislike hypocrisy and liars and im sure you agree that a persons actions speak more about them than their words.

Go on then:
Has he said elsewhere that council houses rents should be on a sliding scale, or means tested?
Has he lied about how he voted?

Some votes seem to be bundled up with allowing councils to sell off social housing at subsidised prices? Too right that should not happen. Nor should the Sec of State order the local councils on when to sell properties.

And the only vote that appears to be unencumbered does not say “is rich people living in council houses a good idea” it is saying
requiring local councils to charge high income social housing tenants rent at levels set by central Government.
So, he does not believe Westminster should tell local councils what to charge in rent.
He is not saying a fair rent should not be set. He is saying that it is up to councils to decide what is correct in their own area.

For my part I see no hypocrisy nor lies.
It is a vote to make the best of a bad situation.

For my part I think that the money Thatcher’s sell off of council housing made, should have been reinvested in more housing. But it wasn’t.
That is one of the reasons we have a housing problem. If we had enough housing then there would be no issues at all about where people chose to live.
A fuss is made about well off people “hogging” social housing because there is not enough to go round.

If I am missing summat, tell me where.

I did that - didn’t I?

Hampshire was where I was looking at…
Tory currently incumbent, Labour currently distant third…

Any other seats around the country - are in the same boat. There’s dozens of them…

Which Hampshire seat?

On the YouGov poll, which is an MRP methodology shows
Hants NE…Con 37…Lab 21…LD 22…G 8…R 12
Hants E…Con 38…Lab 21…LD 24…G 7…R 11

In those seats Lab is 3rd, but Reform Ltd is way behind them…

There are 36 seats where RUK Ltd is in 2nd place, and in all those
cases Labour are in first place.
Nowhere is RUK Ltd 2nd to Tories.

If you are using different figures please let us know where they are from?

Here is Ian Harris a recently dropped RUK Ltd candidate (Lewes)

How does a Brexiteer take the chance that Labour/Libdems won’t reverse Brexit?
It hasn’t been done yet to the point of no return, and both parties refuse to pledge to “not reverse it in the future”…

I’ve yet to hear any pitch from Keir Starmer - specifically aimed at tory-defecting Brexiteers…

Wrong priorities - all around.
A lot of money can be raised for all kinds of policy pledges IF it is saved by not wasting it on foreign policy “Follies”.

Now we’ve got Cameron back in the driving seat however, I can see him increasing the foreign aid budget further, waging additional foreign wars, and maximizing austerity until everyone not a millionaire in Britain - joins an extremist outfit…

I don’t trust Momentum all the while they still exist long after Corbyn and Abbot have blown up…
The key core of Anti Semitism in the UK is Momentum.

franglais
5 April |

• | - |

cooper1203:

too many people that dont remember what it was like before with blair

Yep all those years of falling NHS queues and rising GDP.
What days, eh?

Of course it wasn’t perfect, but real life never is.
I was doing better under Blair than under Thatcher or Cameron etc and I believe the majority of the country was.

And

cooper1203: winseer:

winseer:

Brexit is a long way down the list of priorities for most voters now

and from what i can see it isn’t outwardly being made a party issue either. However it will be affected by party beliefs.

Brexit is a long way down the list of priorities for most voters now

I think it was first me who said that Brexit down on the list of priorities for voters, and provided a link to a YouGov chart. The most important issues facing the country
WS keeps on mentioning it as if it is a major thing. For some people it is very big, for most it isn’t at the moment.
The major parties are saying little about it.

You want Labour to get behind a right-wing hard-Brexit manifesto?

I suspect that will happen when Richard Tice says that he wants to drop all immigration controls, make private schools and hospitals illegal, and raise a wealth tax.

In the past many politicos have said one thing to one group of voters and the opposite to another. Talk leveling up to the North, but no movement of funds to the South (looking at you Rishi).
Some make impossible promises (Brexit unicorns).

Some tend to try to make more modest promises and not promise everything instantly.

Yep,. we all remember the ‘modest promise’ made by Labour about increased Policing, and it’s actual credibility dont we. :smiley:

come now that was in the past we cant hold that against them unless of course it’s about boris before he was an mp

nobody has asked him how he voted however to vote to keep high wage earners in council property and then cry we need more social housing is daft by anyone’s standards.

the government agree the lha rates.

however i realise i phrased it badly i was asking for your personal opinion on high income earners living in council property and your opinion on what you thought of his voiting on the issue (which you have given)

Actions speak louder than words.
Again look at the actual figures, look at the graph that @cooper1203 put up.

Yep. A former member of the Labour party had a brain ■■■■ live. She was trying to remember the figures and didn’t do well at all.
How about a current Tory MP, speaking whilst a Minister, with the correct number written in front of her?