Police appeal

WARNING this post contains many large images, and may take a while to load,

"Police are appealing for information following a Non - stop fatal Road
Traffic Collision which happened around 21.42 hours on Sunday 5.9.04, on the
northbound section of the M6 motorway between Keele Motorway Service Area and
Junction 16.

The collision resulted in two vehicles leaving the carriageway.
This resulted in the death of a 41 year old lorry driver from Crewe in Cheshire. Mr Painter
leaves a wife and three children, aged 8 - 19yrs. The other driver received
minor injuries was treated overnight at Stoke City Hospital and released home
to North Wales.

The Goods vehicle involved stopped momentarily at the scene according to
an eye witness then continued with its journey Northbound.

Police are asking for people to contact them on 0121 322 6025 if they can
identify the livery of the Companies of the goods vehicles depicted on the
slides from CCTV footage taken by cameras near to the scene.

They wish to eliminate these 4 vehicles from their enquiries and also appeal
for witnesses to the incident that may not have come forward."

All the artics appear to be 4x2 with large tanks, look like foreign motors to me. The first (red one) appears to be pulling a TIP Euroliner, but I could be wrong.

dito what tramper said

picture c4 looks like metzer trailer ■■

The first red unit does look like a MAN older version or possibly an Iveco. It also looks like it is pulling a T I P rental trailer

The second Unit looks like a Volvo FH (older type), possibly a right hand drive, due to it seems to have a large mirror assembly on the its left hand side, but it is possible that one has been changed to double mirrors, if you know what I mean. It also looks like it running on low profile tyres.

The third one, the wagon and drag, looks like a standard height Volvo FM (older type) with fairly large wind deflector on its roof.

The fourth one is a DAF XF mid roof height. The letters in red on the trailer look like VG. Looks like its running on normal height tyres to me.

Can’t help with any of the companies but I can help identify the wagon makes.

Pic 1. Not too sure about this one. Thought it was a Scania Topline with a row of roof lights at first but not sure now. I then thought that the ‘roof lights’ was the lit ‘Globetrotter’ area on a Volvo but the wagon is the wrong shape for a Volvo. The wording on the grille might make it a ‘MAN’ or ‘IVECO’ ? Looking at the pics I’d put money on it being foreign - low-ride 4x2 unit and European style trailer.

Pic 2. Thought it was a Renault Premium Privilege at first but now I don’t think it is. Again, a low ride 4x2 and European style trailer - traits of a foreigner. Having said that, the headlights are within the bumper on the Renault’s and these look to be slightly above it which would make it more like an early Volvo FH model. I don’t think it’s a Globetrotter because you’d be able to make out the ‘Globetrotter’ panel above the windscreen, however it could be painted white like the rest of the unit so you can’t notice it in the photo. I can’t see it being a standard height cab on continental work and I can’t see it being a UK company as it’s a low ride 4x2 motor (low ride units very unusual with UK companies) and continental style trailer. Both mirrors are very Volvo like though, especially the nearside one and I don’t think any other truck manufacturer has mirrors that size in one unit apart from Volvo. They’re too big for a Renault. On one of the other pics of the trailer it shows what looks like a polished alloy drive wheel too :bulb: .

Pic 3. Standard cab Volvo FM12 26 tonner with twin axle drag trailer 100% certain. UK registered wagon for sure I’d say. In fact, I’d recommend to the cops to have someone stationed there same time next week to watch for it as that’s highly likely to be a daily/weekly night trunk run.

Pic 4. Daf XF95 Space Cab 100% certain. Again, a low ride 4x2 so looking like another foreigner.

Sorry, can’t be more helpful.

Cheers.

Here is a pic of a T I P trailer, see the resemblence ? especially the front white patch ? This pic also shows, I believe a older MAN unit pulling it.

tip.ge.com/Equipment.17.0.html

Here’s some pics to see the differences.

MAN Roadhaus

MAN 2000, note how at his angle the mirrors blend in with the window.

Iveco, earlier type.

Iveco Stralis

Robs Premium

Scania

My money is on the MAN Roadhaus. :wink:

As soon as I saw Pic 1, I thought ‘foreign’ … upon seeing all 4 motors now, I reckon each and every one is foreign!!

phot 1 is deffernatly a man roadhaus (note the little window in the side near the top)and pulling a tir

photo 2 is a fh standard volvo.

photo 3 the wag and drag is a fm with what looks like grasor on the side ref:3c

photo 4 is a daf 95xf space cab

photos are not clear enough to name names but maybe some of the boys that go over the water might recognise the liverys

jon

:smiley: 3c

grabor.com/

I think you are spot on with that one Detective Dafmad. Nice one.

Coffeeholic:

Yes :slight_smile:. ‘Just helping the police with their enquiries’…

Now then, about this 'ere ticket for parking with no lights on… :angry:

Coffeeholic:

Even the company motto appears to match the rear livery

Looking at the size of the mirror in 2a, could that not be right hand drive?

Just got back from Holiday but I could be wrong photo’s 2b & 2c FH12 could it be Flynite or something like that they move a lot of bands & groups around. Hope it helps. Colin.

That’s another good call arfa. I think this is the company you mean, Fly By Nite. Looking at the pictures of their vehicles on the website the trailer is very similar and their units have the back half painted a light blue/green colour. Looking a photo 2a the unit could be a different colour from just towards the back of the wheel arch back.

Definately a posibility.

Krankee:
Definately a posibility.

Arfajob and Krankee, I reckon you’re spot on there, nice one.

RobK, Raspberry.

Are people phoning the police with these finds? or are the police reading this thread?