Police appeal

TC:
Are people phoning the police with these finds? or are the police reading this thread?

DON’T BE STUPID ERIC.. The police forces throughout the country will be hiding in the bushes watching for tired wagon drivers to pull into lay-by’s to rest their weary bodies for the night AND THEN POLITELY SERVE THE DRIVERS WITH A FIXED PENALTY NOTICE FOR TURNING THEIR LIGHTS OFF

BUT ALAS! DON’T WORRY ERIC, THEY’RE JUST DOING THEIR JOB…

Cheers.

TC, if you see the other thread, Rikki put these up as a direct request. Such a pity it took them so long to think of this as a useful avenue.

Reagrding No 4.

Could this be VG Cargo GmbH

I’ve looked at their (rather sparse) website but can’t see any details of vehicle livery.

Rob, whilst your on a roll, Go For it. Both Barrells.

At least on this thread someone else will have to read it, and not just US. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Picture 4c - the white DAF 95 unit, - what’s that on the roof ( looks like an air conditioning unit ?) Perhaps this artic runs to / from the Mediterranean or beyond.
Perhaps the police could compare CCTV images on Dover Docks arrival lanes from the previous 24 hrs prior to the fatal accident to see if there is a match ?

TC:
Are people phoning the police with these finds? or are the police reading this thread?

The info from both these thread is being collated and emailed through to the police dealing with this, so they are up to speed with all the suggestions being made.

TruckNet UK, your public service forums. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

After spending 30mins or so on the photo of what could be the FLY by Nite unit, I’m not so sure now. I printed the picture then scanned it then cropped it then printed it again it appears to have something on the headboard which could be a fridge unit BUT in the logo on the side it does look like the Owls wings on Fly by Nite. Another theory is that could it be a canvas roof on the trailer as its showing up black.

Rob K:

TC:

DON’T BE STUPID ERIC.. The police forces throughout the country will be hiding in the bushes watching for tired wagon drivers to pull into lay-by’s to rest their weary bodies for the night AND THEN POLITELY SERVE THE DRIVERS WITH A FIXED PENALTY NOTICE FOR TURNING THEIR LIGHTS OFF

BUT ALAS! DON’T WORRY ERIC, THEY’RE JUST DOING THEIR JOB…

Cheers.

PMSL @ ROBERT… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Further to my earlier post about photo 2 I’ve had a thought it could be a day cab FH with a Highsided rubbish trailer & the bit on the headborad could enclose the tipping gear. If not a rubbish trailer bulk sawdust or something BUT I’m now certain its not “Fly By Nite”. Also if you look I think it as a red fuel tank. Could it be some kind of glass carrying trailer hence what looks like a canvas roof as I think Pilkington are up that way somewhere.

Krankee:
Regarding No 4.

Could this be VG Cargo GmbH

Now that looks like a good call Krankee. I was trying to convince myself it was Visbeen, after someones suggestion, but it just didn’t look right.

Simon, No 4 was very much a ‘shot in the dark’, simply finding out what I could throw up with a Google search.

Although, obviously, something not to be overlooked.

If,upon screwing your eyes up while looking at the pic 3,it is most definitely from Grabor,so I would concur with earlier opinions.

Ken.

I am stunned and amazed at the skill in which some of you have displayed in tracking these vehicles down!!
Congrats to all that have made good ID’s … especially arfur who has made the FlyByNight connection… good call.
I looked and studied all 4 pics and got nowhere :o(((((

Pic 4 is an Italian company named Viezzer,they used to load just down the road from where I live on a regular basis.
I have seen them in the UK recently.
Tried Google to see if they have a website,but no luck.
I believe they come from the Udine area of north east Italy.

Good call mate, id say the picture on the back is identical!!