Pictures of your truck.

thats a smart looking errrrr…big blue daf shuttle, would know if i passed you on the road :smiley: does it not come a bit close when you are dropping a box on the back?

chaversdad:
thats a smart looking errrrr…big blue daf shuttle, would know if i passed you on the road :smiley: does it not come a bit close when you are dropping a box on the back?

it doesn’t really bother me, one of the main things is, with it being close, it is better on fuel economy :smiley: :smiley:

if the lifter drivers are doing their job properly, it is not really an issue :wink:

mind you, some of RCL’s fixed skelly trailers are a bit close :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

shuttlespanker:

chaversdad:

it doesn’t really bother me, one of the main things is, with it being close, it is better on fuel economy :smiley: :smiley:

if the lifter drivers are doing their job properly, it is not really an issue :wink:

mind you, some of RCL’s fixed skelly trailers are a bit close :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i,ve just started doing a bit on containers and when that box comes dropping out the sky it frightens the life out of me :open_mouth: :laughing:
give em there due mind 99% of the time they are bang on, just hope its not me when they are having an off day cos you could do some serious damage to the back of a wagon with one of them containers

you’ve obviously not had the pleasure of the Isle of Grain (Thamesport) yet then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

they have a habit of dropping boxes on cab roofs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mind you, i did have a Pentalvers Reefer bay lifter driver drop a 40 foot reefer with genset onto the roof of my 52 plate when i had my EcoSlider trailer, now, that trailer was real close couple :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

here is said EcoSlider on said truck :wink:

is that eco-slider the same type of trailer that splis into 2 20ft’s?

no, it works on the same principle of a normal 20/40 slider, but the main difference is, all the pin positions have been moved forwards to make it a closer couple trailer.

it can carry 1x20, 2x20, 1x30, 1x40 or 1x45, just the same as a normal slider.

the trailer that you are referring to is a splitter trailer

shuttlespanker:
no, it works on the same principle of a normal 20/40 slider, but the main difference is, all the pin positions have been moved forwards to make it a closer couple trailer.

it can carry 1x20, 2x20, 1x30, 1x40 or 1x45, just the same as a normal slider.

the trailer that you are referring to is a splitter trailer

im guessing when you have a 45’ on the trailer is stil in same position in pics ? if so wouldnt that be a 5ft over hang instead of 2 and a half ft or am i confused??

the pics show it with a 40 foot box, if you look at the pics, there is a twistlock either side of the RMCT04, a 45 foot box goes on the second twistlock, to compensate for that, the rear end of the trailer extends so that there is still 40 foot between the pins

i,d be a nervous wreck loading that!

My first truck…i took great care of this one as well!! Mind you i only had it for checks, drove it some 50m and started to couple up and that was it :cry: :frowning:

Then this is my next ride…

(I like the colour pictures…can you tell?)

Original thou…

Both were auto’s and nothing but stress reversing them…just hope i get back out in it soon crosses fingers

shuttlespanker:
the pics show it with a 40 foot box, if you look at the pics, there is a twistlock either side of the RMCT04, a 45 foot box goes on the second twistlock, to compensate for that, the rear end of the trailer extends so that there is still 40 foot between the pins

oo yerr gotcha !! nice bit of kit that !

Here’s a couple of pics of mine.

what ive had the pleasure of driving recently…:frowning:

lol

DaiDap:
Here’s a couple of pics of mine.

Not on for stobbies no more?

Nah, got laid off last august along with 12 others. On my birthday too so was a nice present.

DaiDap:
Nah, got laid off last august along with 12 others. On my birthday too so was a nice present.

looks a blinding truck dai, do they still go abroad and have you been yourself. ive heard that stobbies have cwmbran back again is that right :question: :question: :question:

still looking out for you in heywood. :wink:

jessicas dad:

DaiDap:

looks a blinding truck dai, do they still go abroad and have you been yourself. ive heard that stobbies have cwmbran back again is that right :question: :question: :question:

still looking out for you in heywood. :wink:

they still go abroad as ive seen them over there.

Just some of the many types of double deck trailers I pull :wink:

It is a nice truck JD i gotta say, and yes he still goes abroad big time. I haven’t been over the water with him yet, the tank is a bit small so he’s reluctant to send it. But you never know…

Yes it’s true Eddie is back in Cwmbran. He was in the process of laying off 19 drivers when B&H Freight decided they couldn’t do the job after all. There’s a surprise. But unfortunately it came too late for 13 of us. So slashing the rate really does cost jobs.

Haven’t parked in heywood since the time i saw you in there. Not that i’m avoiding you. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: