Pictures of your truck.

jessicas dad:
i know shrek but you couldn handle the pressure and had to go back to your other job as an extra on the bill. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: ā€¦one of the better looking extras though :wink:

shuttlespanker:
not surprising you went back to your old job Shrek :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My choice would have been to keep on trucking good buddy (seriously), but in the current climate, I think I made the right decision.

buck73:
did that company go under,i heard a rumour the other week??

I believe there were some difficulties there just before Christmas, but Iā€™m reliably informed the firm has been bought and is back up and running as before (thank God! Iā€™ve got lots of real good mates working there).

Here you go then Joshhā€¦

These are some blasts from my past!
At Next, South Emsall (yes that is me in front of the Premium!)

One of my first continental motorsā€¦I bloody loved this machine!

My first ever car transporter

The first truck I had at Premierā€¦loaded with 12 Corsas

Big SK cabbed Merc with 330bhpā€¦used to go over the water in this during the late '80ā€™s.

ā€¦and lastly, for now, this 'orrible beastā€¦drove this for about 8 months on an agency contract out of the Dewsbury depot. I grew to quite like the old girl :wink:

Thereā€™s more if you want 'em :wink:

[quote=ā€œShrekā€

:
[/quote]

I really like that pic shrek,how can you not love Mercā€™s lookin at that!!!

ellies dad:
[quote=ā€œShrekā€
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2356/2087365440_7829bf851d_o.jpg
:

I really like that pic shrek,how can you not love Mercā€™s lookin at that!!!

now i guarentee that 10 of them 12 corsas have been written off lol and thanks for the pics shrek when was that first pic took

Iā€™ll have you know that all the bumps and dents on them Corsas were on there before I loaded them! :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing:

The 1st pic (Direct Line) was taken around 1995/6 I thinkā€¦

My trusty motor ā€œRosco-Taraā€, named after the yards 2 now retired guard dogs.
We now have super nasty replacements that eat road cones!!!

We have 2 of these on the road, mine is not the one with the unique registration number and frilly curtains, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Clarky:

My trusty motor ā€œRosco-Taraā€, named after the yards 2 now retired guard dogs.
We now have super nasty replacements that eat road cones!!!

We have 2 of these on the road, mine is not the one with the unique registration number and frilly curtains, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thats a smart motor mate :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
How are you liking the 8 wheeler ā– ā–  getting use to the turning circle :laughing: :laughing: .

LOLā€¦yeah have you seen me trying to turn it around thenā– ā– ?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Clarky:
LOLā€¦yeah have you seen me trying to turn it around thenā– ā– ?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

No mate, not seen you , :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I moved from a 6 to a 8 wheeler a couple of years back myself and iā€™ve managed to get myself into a few interesting positions especially when iā€™ve had the drag trailer on. :laughing: :laughing:
Iā€™m lucky thought , iā€™ve got a fairly big crane which allows me to pick up my trailer while itā€™s still in the attached position. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Actually alpha, have found it easy to adjust from 6 to 8. Just gotta remember to go a little wider on turns. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I dont rear swipe anything anymore, the ol scanny had a hell of an overhang once tag was up, to the point where at a right turn cut out in road the rear would swing into the middle of the following traffics lane!!! That caught me out a few times, and woke up a few people too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Didnā€™t think I would like the new truck TBH, having always had scanias,
but this FM400 has everything, built in tv/dvd, fridge, air-con, Built in bluetooth hands-free, climate control, leather seats, ā– ā– ā–  warmer, I shift ( NOT SURE ABOUT THIS YET) long range tank, loads of storage inside and out.
I do feel that the auto is lazy and find myself feeling tired quicker due to not having to do alot once CC is on, and the seat being so comfy too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Also have a MUCH bigger crane now, Hiab, not sure of the model number will find that out for you,

Bigger crane, someones gonna be in trouble then mate :wink: !

My last truck before i left the uk. It was one of the first magnums with a Volvo driveline and was a big improvment on the 53reg Magnum it replaced.

This was my first truck in Canada and the less said the better although it seemed good at the time. Here loaded with cable reels on route to Salt lake city, Utah.

This is my present truck and i like it more than any i have ever driven in Europe or over here.

This is my current motor, I doubt many of you will see me except wire & a few others, unless youā€™re on holiday :sunglasses:

I love it, best thing Iā€™ve ever driven.

Looks kinda mean

newmercman,did you ever have a starring role in a film calledā€¦ā€œDUELā€ :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

No but I pretend Iā€™m auditioning for it everytime I drive through Chicago :laughing: :laughing:

photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak- ā€¦ 3_3656.jpg
i will try to get some daylight shots soon.

I hear that you drive like you are starring, not auditioning, Mark. :smiley:

Anyway, you 2 wusses who had to go on vans!!!

Hereā€™s my new motor. C15 Cat with 500 ponies, 18 speed fuller, 355 rears. Like driving a go-kart when itā€™s empty. Certainly showed Funks Freightshaker who was boss on the perimeter this morning!

My old motorā€¦

And the one beforeā€¦

And on the winter roadsā€¦

And before I came awayā€¦

The last one I boughtā€¦