Photos Older than 10 years

diesel dan:

hi , by the time you got a gardner started there in the winter you could be in the next state with a detroit diesel. :laughing: by the way detroit two strokes are known as yamaha,s in the states :exclamation:
cheers diesel

It might be a fairer fight between Bewick and me this time as I’ve got some allies and some better ammunition wiith that brilliant old Pete which I’ve found on here.Yamaha TZ 750 versus Triumph Bonneville :smiley: :laughing: But having said that the Japs could’nt have made truck Diesels like the yanks.

Carryfast:

diesel dan:

hi , by the time you got a gardner started there in the winter you could be in the next state with a detroit diesel. :laughing: by the way detroit two strokes are known as yamaha,s in the states :exclamation:
cheers diesel

It might be a fairer fight between Bewick and me this time as I’ve got some allies and some better ammunition wiith that brilliant old Pete which I’ve found on here.Yamaha TZ 750 versus Triumph Bonneville :smiley: :laughing: But having said that the Japs could’nt have made truck Diesels like the yanks.

I wouldn’t bank on that Carryfast,they have conquered just about everything else in the moter world.
Cheers Dave.

Carryfast:

diesel dan:

cheers diesel

There’s only you Carryfast that would have the B***s to introduce an entirely un-connected theme onto the site ! Motorbikes! What kind of medication are they giving you?I hope it isn’t Methadrone!!! What has motorbikes got to do with tractor units /But hold on there maybe if they replaced those DDs with a Jap motor cycle engine the truck would Defo go better------don’t you think? Bewick.

Bewick:

Carryfast:

diesel dan:

cheers diesel

There’s only you Carryfast that would have the B***s to introduce an entirely un-connected theme onto the site ! Motorbikes! What kind of medication are they giving you?I hope it isn’t Methadrone!!! What has motorbikes got to do with tractor units /But hold on there maybe if they replaced those DDs with a Jap motor cycle engine the truck would Defo go better------don’t you think? Bewick.

Be fair Bewick It was Diesel Dan not me who raised the subject of two stroke Detroits being known as Yamahas over there :laughing: probably because comparing them with a four stroke Gardner was just like I said comparing a TZ 750 Yam with a four stroke Bonneville :laughing: :laughing:But at least there’s some evidence there that they were running those wagons at 100 mph+ :open_mouth: :smiley:

Welcome back Carryfast,it’s been boring at times without your rants on yank rubbish.Check out Pat Hazlers comments about yank trucks on the EATON TWIN SPLITTER thread.It confirms your old adversary Bewicks opinions on them.

The mechanic:
Welcome back Carryfast,it’s been boring at times without your rants on yank rubbish.Check out Pat Hazlers comments about yank trucks on the EATON TWIN SPLITTER thread.It confirms your old adversary Bewicks opinions on them.

But how many twin splitters were fitted in yank trucks?.Not many unlike Detroit two strokes.Probably because no one with any sense would bother with the twin splitter when there was a perfectly good alternative in the good old 13 speed fuller range change and splitter.But I can’t see many British drivers preferring an old British heap with a Gardner in it,even if it had the fuller box, in the 1970’s,especially on continental work, if they’d been given the choice of that Pete at the time. :unamused: :laughing:

just as i thought carryfast you carnt drive a twinsplitter with or with out a DD !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yappie:
just as i thought carryfast you carnt drive a twinsplitter with or with out a DD !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not can’t just never have because it was’nt in use when I was driving trucks with ‘proper’ fullers in them and I can’t understand why anyone could be bothered to spec a twin splitter in a wagon when there was a roadranger available :smiley: and all the rest had euro type synchro boxes :cry: . :unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

THE PETE LOOKS NICE in a smokey and the bandit way but give me a scania 140 or 141 any day as no matter what you say you cant beat a scania v8

kr79:
THE PETE LOOKS NICE in a smokey and the bandit way but give me a scania 140 or 141 any day as no matter what you say you cant beat a scania v8

Unless it’s a two stroke detroit V8 or V12 which is why the Pete could run at 100 mph + but a 140 or a 141 probably can’t although I’ve never driven one but if they could then I’m sure that the paddys would have been running them at that speed in the 1980’s :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

kr79:

Unless it’s a two stroke detroit V8 or V12 which is why the Pete could run at 100 mph + but a 140 or a 141 probably can’t although I’ve never driven one but if they could then I’m sure that the paddys would have been running them at that speed in the 1980’s :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast,You have been watching too many Roadrunner cartoons. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is it school half term or something?

Dave the Renegade:

Carryfast:

kr79:

Carryfast,You have been watching too many Roadrunner cartoons. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

No that would be a Plymouth with a 426 hemi in it and even that Pete could’nt catch that. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

kr79:

It would not be possible to run for very long at those speeds as the tyres were not capable of with standing those speeds as a 290 F88 was very fast and you had to be careful to look after your tyres in your comment on the twin splitter gearbox the fuller road ranger was out over 20 years before the twin splitter was introduced and you needed to look at plate to see which way it was installed as they had at least 6 different shift patterns

sammyopisite:

Carryfast:

kr79:

It would not be possible to run for very long at those speeds as the tyres were not capable of with standing those speeds as a 290 F88 was very fast and you had to be careful to look after your tyres in your comment on the twin splitter gearbox the fuller road ranger was out over 20 years before the twin splitter was introduced and you needed to look at plate to see which way it was installed as they had at least 6 different shift patterns

Sam if you understood Carryfast you would realise that when he is banged up in the rubber room with his “gear stick” in his hand he can go at what ever speed he likes !! Bewick.

sammyopisite:

Carryfast:

kr79:

An F88 was’nt in the same league as a 450-500 horse yank in the 1970’s.I’ve said before that I’ve seen plenty of documented first hand comments at the time which came from the states in which those types of speeds and more were stated as being used regularly and on a sustained basis.But I’ve seen plenty of euro wagons with blown tyres even running at 1980’s type speeds usually heat being a big contributory factor during hot summer weather.However most parts of Europe don’t get the type of temperatures which you’d find in many parts of the states in the summer which suggests that they built their tyres to suit their running conditions.Also the yanks were using their typical 18 wheeler spec running at under 38 tonnes which puts less weight on each tyre than the typical euro/brit type of the time or even now.I’d still stand by the idea that those stories ring true and maybe we might get some confirmation some time from over there.I know that the fuller box could have different types of shift pattern often differentiated by the conventional direct into the box selector and the cab over type remote selector often using a cable mechanism which I think was what they used on the TM and the Foden.It took no more than a few minutes to work out the pattern without consulting any plate which I certainly don’t remember being fitted on the DAF or MAN fuller installations that I drove but unlike the TM and the Fodens both the MAN and the DAF used the usual H pattern with the DAF using the slap the stick across to change range and the MAN using the usual range change switch.But there’s no way that the roadranger type box went ‘out’ 20 years before the twin splitter came in and it’s still used in the States and Canada on a regular basis today.

Carryfast:

sammyopisite:

Carryfast:

kr79:

An F88 was’nt in the same league as a 450-500 horse yank in the 1970’s.I’ve said before that I’ve seen plenty of documented first hand comments at the time which came from the states in which those types of speeds and more were stated as being used regularly and on a sustained basis.But I’ve seen plenty of euro wagons with blown tyres even running at 1980’s type speeds usually heat being a big contributory factor during hot summer weather.However most parts of Europe don’t get the type of temperatures which you’d find in many parts of the states in the summer which suggests that they built their tyres to suit their running conditions.Also the yanks were using their typical 18 wheeler spec running at under 38 tonnes which puts less weight on each tyre than the typical euro/brit type of the time or even now.I’d still stand by the idea that those stories ring true and maybe we might get some confirmation some time from over there.I know that the fuller box could have different types of shift pattern often differentiated by the conventional direct into the box selector and the cab over type remote selector often using a cable mechanism which I think was what they used on the TM and the Foden.It took no more than a few minutes to work out the pattern without consulting any plate which I certainly don’t remember being fitted on the DAF or MAN fuller installations that I drove but unlike the TM and the Fodens both the MAN and the DAF used the usual H pattern with the DAF using the slap the stick across to change range and the MAN using the usual range change switch.But there’s no way that the roadranger type box went ‘out’ 20 years before the twin splitter came in and it’s still used in the States and Canada on a regular basis today.

I can say that I drove a wagon with a roadranger gearbox in the 60s and I am sure that the twin splitter did not come out untill the mid to late 80s which is near enough 20 years

sammyopisite:

Carryfast:

sammyopisite:

Carryfast:

kr79:

I can say that I drove a wagon with a roadranger gearbox in the 60s and I am sure that the twin splitter did not come out untill the mid to late 80s which is near enough 20 years

I got your comment out of context I thought you meant that the roadranger type went out of production 20 years before the twin splitter came in.But the fact that the roadranger type of box has been in use for so long in larger numbers than the twin splitter shows how good it is on the basis of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

sammy put thing clear so carryfast can see it though his rose tinted glasses i own two yanks sorry one yank and one canaden a western star 4900 and a kenworth w900 both 800bhp with twinsplitters in and ■■■■■■■ M11but give me some thing from sweden any day by the way carry fast they will both do over 100mph its all down to how you gear them can get your bedford TK TO THAT IF YOU WANT ME TOO!!!

yappie:
sammy put thing clear so carryfast can see it though his rose tinted glasses i own two yanks sorry one yank and one canaden a western star 4900 and a kenworth w900 both 800bhp with twinsplitters in and ■■■■■■■ M11but give me some thing from sweden any day by the way carry fast they will both do over 100mph its all down to how you gear them can get your bedford TK TO THAT IF YOU WANT ME TOO!!!

If you think that you could gear a Bedford TK to run at 100 mph at around 36 tonnes :question: :question: :open_mouth: then why did they bother putting 800 bhp :question: in that Western Star and KW or even around 400+ in that Pete or a Scania :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:But if you’d have said that you could gear a TM with a 92 series Detroit V8 in it to do 100 mph at around 38 tonnes then I might have believed you.But if you’re not pulling an Ozzie road train who needs 800 horses ? when 500-600 is more than enough.