Photos Older than 10 years

Wheel Nut:

3300John:

3300John:
Heres My mates F88 The photo was taken this summer. This Volvo was supplied by Dawson freight to Aston Clinton Haulage. It was a three axle tractor when new. I would think someone will remember her. She then went to South Wales /Immingham/ Sheffield /Dover and now Staffordshire.
quote]Lets see if this works.
John

She looks a tidy yoke, well shod as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi This one could have gone to “Cadwalladers” of oswestry as they had some with very close reg Nos.

3300John:

3300John:
Heres My mates F88 The photo was taken this summer. This Volvo was supplied by Dawson freight to Aston Clinton Haulage. It was a three axle tractor when new. I would think someone will remember her. She then went to South Wales /Immingham/ Sheffield /Dover and now Staffordshire.
John

I may be wrong BUT,
That may be a unit my uncle drove for a few years, lived in Borough bridge N Yorks area just of A1 , He Used to pull a tanker up and down the A1 same route daily for my old man god it had some harsh miles and use, and it went like stink and he pushed it everywhere . If it is his old unit I drove it once only, it was not the best but refused to die, got the engine rebuilt at least once. I will ask my Aunt if she has an pics as Tony is no longer with us.
How odd i never looked in this bit of the site before ! Spooky.

Mi671ke:

Wheel Nut:

3300John:

3300John:
John

She looks a tidy yoke, well shod as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi This one could have gone to “Cadwalladers” of oswestry as they had some with very close reg Nos.

Strange wiper set up on near side

David :confused:

IIRC the wipers weren’t connected, they had independent motors. Early ones were air and then there was a mod. kit to change them to electric.

gazzer:
IIRC the wipers weren’t connected, they had independent motors. Early ones were air and then there was a mod. kit to change them to electric.

Having see other 88’s with a similar setup,you are probably correct Gazzer,just looks strange!

David :slight_smile:

malc step:
Hi Folks,
E.R.F was new 40 years ago this month.

Cheers Folks.

Who is in the drivers seat of that Malc?.Think i had a run or two in that old girl.

Taken 1989 on a Open Cast Coal Site in Northumberland, Regards Larry.

Can we have some class photos of more than 10 years old for us old timers admire and comment on Thanks !

Heres one for you :smiley:
It’s in Redruth Cornwall… I’d have to pull it out the box to get the date

Which one of these drivers are you Bewick. :slight_smile:
Cheers Dave.

Bewick:
Can we have some class photos of more than 10 years old for us old timers admire and comment on Thanks !

Bubbleman has got about 71 pages of them at the moment, Stansfield and his Manchester thread has a few too.

Interesting picture of Fred Cooks Foden

Here’s another old one for you Bewick.

nick2008:
Heres one for you :smiley:
It’s in Redruth Cornwall… I’d have to pull it out the box to get the date

I had a sister wagon to this one when new I am sure that EMD515J was based at Pickford’s Ipswich and EMD518J which I drove was based at Sheffield

This is 766CLN which EMD518J replaced and only had vacuum brakes (three pumps and then prey)

This Contractor was based at Sheffield

this is trailer 665 in the early60s

this is PGO712E again and a MAN “Jumbo” both based in Sheffield

The good old day’s sammy, three pumps and then prey, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: remember them day’s well.

Bewick:
I took these pictures in 1994 when I was Manager of George Hunt Cranes based at Twin Lakes Croston (part of the Ruttle Group of Companies)
John Lord’s DAF recovering 45 ton Grove ATT Crane and returning it our base at Croston

Part of a consignment of 32 floatation tanks taken to Teeside Docks for shipping to Singapore The Seddon Atkinson I believe was ex RAF and had a Rolls engine.
I remember loading these loads with an old Linkbelt LS90 crawler crane ex John Laing pipelines, the stick was a little on the short side which made things hairy.

Hi ya hear’s a Scammell from Cypres Its in the uk but split up hear their and everywhere I saw the Scammell with no body on, That was on E bay couple of weeks ago. The trailer is in Kent I think.I don’t know who has the body. In the photo(3 years ago) the outfit was complete with Scammell weights and a donkey engine on the trailer(Dyson) but some of this was robbed before it came HOME. I’ve put it on this site with the Heavy gear.

John

Oops i got that wrong.Next time i must look at the preveiw.

You’ll know where 3300john comes from now
John

Hi heres the Dyson bit or lump, British workmanship at its best.

John