PAWSONS

the contracts are all up for grabs now anyway

what other contracts did they have? I know they lost the Cadburys a while back and then Hepworths more recently. I dont know much about what they were doing in Wakefield.

Wouldnt have touched Mill Transport after the collapse of Celsius First!

Sorry for all the drivers at Pawson’s losing their jobs like that, I know one of them John Fenton. However, the TM from our place went there last year, Italian called Mario and I just hope that he doesn’t manage to get another job for about 10 years, back stabbing bar steward he was :smiling_imp:

Saw an 04 reg pawsons unit and trailer this morning pulling out of the pontefract (netto) junction onto the n/bound A1 this morning with the driver in full pawson uniform :open_mouth:

he might av only been pulling a trailer out of there limestone that might have been in there a while

Sorry to bring this subject up again,but I saw these in the ex Sewells yard,at Gildersome,near Leeds,as I was picking a trailer up:

These are at the fence next to the A62,so are very visible to all and sundry,and you’ll notice that they still have the livery on,and there was 10 of them:

These were at the opposite side of the yard,hidden from view,and have been de-stickered,and there were 7 of them:

Ken.

must’ve been 6 or 7 units being carried down M1 southbound last thursday on my way back from NEC show, no idea where headed

I’m guessing that all will be revealed in the auction pages of CM soon enough.

Ken.

Its quite sad really seeing those trailers
.A well known company like Pawsons thats been around for years with its history and the hundreds of people who have probably been through that Company…and its just gone…overnight.
soon never to be seen on the roads again. :cry:

bikemonkey:
.A well known company like Pawsons thats been around for years with its history and the hundreds of people who have probably been through that Company…and its just gone…overnight.

Monkeybike, get ready for the future; it’s just like the way you tell it. Most hauliers are just here to service the needs of the less transient business community and when they outlive their usefulness will be forgotten by all bar a few nostalgia freaks that gather in places like this.

bikemonkey:

Err not quite, I understand they’re keeping the Pall ex (or whatever it was) franchise, so don’t go getting over emotional.

Mackem:
Err not quite, I understand they’re keeping the Pall ex (or whatever it was) franchise, so don’t go getting over emotional.

I spoke to one of the drivers today who was on Pall-ex and he was finished last week.

sorry to keep bringing pawsons up but been driving from work a few evenings past there braithwell yard the yards still full of pawsons lorrys and trailers, and for the last few times ive drove past theres been 3-4 PORT OF TYNE wagons in there yard parked up with port of tyne trailers, anyone heard owt have they bought pawsons out any info cheers.

Well on Saturday going up the M1/A1 link road near Leeds,were 2 of the above trailers I photographed,being pulled by 2 of the Y reg Hill Hire MAN’s from Bradford.

Don’t know whereabouts in the North they were going though.

Ken.

lgamston:
sorry to keep bringing pawsons up but been driving from work a few evenings past there braithwell yard the yards still full of pawsons lorrys and trailers, and for the last few times ive drove past theres been 3-4 PORT OF TYNE wagons in there yard parked up with port of tyne trailers, anyone heard owt have they bought pawsons out any info cheers.

POT had an arrangement to park/overnight some of their trucks while I was there, I`d regularly go into the yard at 6am and there would be several POT trucks at the top of the yard with the curtains drawn

The vehicle will be sold off eventually. I got an Email from the assosiates company who are dealing with the contract and fianance. I was told that the plt side of the business was sold 2 weeks before they went into adminastration■■? Also that non of there contracts are worth very much as none of them are contractually record down as in most haualge companys.

I think the plt side was making money so they moved it out before the adminsatrators could get there hands on it.

Followed a Pawsons Scanny today with a Mill Transport curtainsider on the back, down the M67 onto the M60 & then the M56.
I lost sight of him after overtaking him near the Airport, but he was definatly loaded.
Was’nt wearing any uniform, just civies.

Mrs_liz:
The vehicle will be sold off eventually. I got an Email from the assosiates company who are dealing with the contract and fianance. I was told that the plt side of the business was sold 2 weeks before they went into adminastration■■? Also that non of there contracts are worth very much as none of them are contractually record down as in most haualge companys.

I think the plt side was making money so they moved it out before the adminsatrators could get there hands on it.

Like i said, they’re back before the mess they leave behind is sorted. Next thing they’ll be cherry picking what work actually paid before they went down.

It’s just a shame for those who don’t get paid.

Mrs_liz:
I was told that the plt side of the business was sold 2 weeks before they went into adminastration■■?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

please refer to page 1 of this thread. there we are we do know.