PAWSONS

any news on pawsons i heard they had put the mills transport side of the buisness into administration.

there are various rumours going around inc making 10-20 drivers redundant
but that would fit in with your previous statement about Mill, as you know they lost the hepworth contract to wincanton. so for pawsons to keep the remaining mill trucks on lease hire while their own work is up in the air would be a bad idea, so off load the mill opperation and write it off at the end of the tax year might seem a wise move

A Pawsons artic rear-ended another artic on the A2 West just before Cobham
on Monday morning.
Hope the driver is ok, I could see the airbag draped over the steering wheel.

That’ll probably explain the Pawson unit on the back of a Pawsons lowloader I saw heading south on the A1 Monday. Most likely on their way down to recover unit and trailer :bulb:

I saw 2 Pawsons units (Scannys) on a low loader in the export queue at Tilbury today :confused:

was them 2 pawsons scanias in pawson livery or mills transport, and i heard abowt that crash hope the drivers ok too. :confused:

Talking of Tilbury, there was an artic on it’s side on the roundabout just before
the docks entrance.
Saw it at about 1545 hrs.

Just a snippet picked up in the yard this morning.

Apparently the foreign artic in front of him slammed all on for no apparent reason. That would in my view mean he was too close to react, but I can’t really say as I wasn’t there.

The driver is ok, he suffered a cut to his wrist where his watch dug in and that is all.

I heard they put Receiver in today. Might be a rumour of course

whats that meen put reciever in.

lgamston:
whats that meen put reciever in.

It usually means an “official receiver,” which might be a person or company appointed to oversee the final period of a firm’s existence such as paying outstanding bills and collecting on invoices due.

ok, a suppose we will just have to see what happens its a shame like because they look a decent company, am sure someone will post a thread if they here owt else.

Pawsons are late with there accounts…

It’s mill transport that is going under

Name & Registered Office:
MILL TRANSPORT LIMITED
93 QUEEN STREET
SHEFFIELD
S1 1WF
Company No. 02954680

Date of Incorporation: 02/08/1994

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
6024 - Freight transport by road

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03
Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/06/2006 (MEDIUM)
Next Accounts Due: 31/01/2008 OVERDUE
Last Return Made Up To: 02/08/2007
Next Return Due: 30/08/2008

Case Number: 1 (of 1 cases)
Case Type: VOL. LIQUIDATION CREDITORS
Wind Up Date: 02/04/2008
Appoint Practitioner: 02/04/2008

Pawsons have gone down as of tonight…

how do uknow that OLT, one of drivers at my dads place used to drive for pawsons and some of his mates still do hes been told that everyone has to be back in the yard for 5oclock this tea time because the recivers are in so…

the reason i know is one of my mates works there and has just told me naa naa nenaa

theres no need for that childish bit on the end mate…

our industry is going down the pan… soon the nail will be in the coffin if the industry and government dont change there ways

Traz:
theres no need for that childish bit on the end mate…

our industry is going down the pan… soon the nail will be in the coffin if the industry and government dont change there ways

The way i see it is the government will not or wont ever do anything about it,and the industry is doing something about it,they are going down faster than a whores drawers…why trade at a loss :question: ,perhaps you would work for nowt to keep your job :question:

OLT:
Pawsons have gone down as of tonight…

That is correct …I have just spoken to a mate of mine who is/was a long term employed driver, he has just got home from clearing his cab out.
He and no doubt many others there are now looking for work, this will only compond the issue with the current slow down in agency work in the area.
He tells me that all loads that where stored in the yard have been taken back to the suppliers, and a load that he went to pick up from the morphy richards plant this morning wasnt there. He was told not to collect any loads for next week. as theyre effective laid off.
NO wages have as yet been paid to the staff, and they (the staff) have a meeting with the management/recievers monday morning to find out the full story, and to register as a creditor, with the hope of getting some payment. along with statutory payments for redundancy
There is a rumour that the pallex side of the business, as it is run as a seperate entity, may be saved. but this atm seems doubtful.

as soon as I here more …

ok thanks for that post keep us informed cheers.