PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
“windrush” Your like this one 2 x Fodens. :wink:

Forest of Dean based I reckon, they look too clean and tidy to be from the Welsh Border fleet!

Pete.

L1811p.JPG

Here’s a shot of Autocar Transporters busy garage.(Beware of men in white coats.)

Hello Keith and Dean ,thanks for the pm …One of dads mate knew a Morfa driver from Monklandnr Leominster …Dads mate at that time was driving for BRS Swansea …and both hauling out of the MOD stores depot at Llangennech …hauling the likes of submarine engines down to the likes of Devonport and up to Scotland .
They also took stores up to a MOD base nr Bridgnorth ,otherwise it was steel out of Duports …to Ford at Dagenham …and returning with engine blocks for Bridgend…drivers at Kington and Leintwardine also …brilliant stuff lads…Geraint

Morning Dean,
I have been paying attention, honestly, its just that sun in Scotland is so very rare that i have been in the garden a lot :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
However, said Volvo, DTC has me stumped but the colour has me scrathing my old “red” head, go on, put me out of my missery. :blush: :blush: Harvey

DCT.JPG

moomooland:
0Here’s a shot of Autocar Transporters busy garage.(Beware of men in white coats.)

Great picture, anyone know what the purpose of the roof windows, was for?

Thanks Dave…

Hi Dean. Gary Talbot driving his new lorry subbing for Waters.I have shown him Pauls pic.,and he was well chuffed. He went back onto their own work the oil job and steel after a while,but when they finally called it a day he drove for Waters until he retired. He is finding some pics.,of their AECs and the ERFs and I will put them on,he isn’t computer wise. :frowning: Thanks again for a great site. Mike

Talbot Transport.JPG

moomooland:
0Here’s a shot of Autocar Transporters busy garage.(Beware of men in white coats.)

Brill picture, proper workshop :smiley: .
Oily

dave docwra:

moomooland:

Thanks Dave…

It was so you could watch while the front of the trailer made it’s way through Mrs Bloggs’ bedroom window on a tight right-hand corner. :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

dave docwra:

moomooland:

Thanks Dave…

It was so you could watch while the front of the trailer made it’s way through Mrs Bloggs’ bedroom window on a tight right-hand corner. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HRS:
Morning Dean,
I have been paying attention, honestly, its just that sun in Scotland is so very rare that i have been in the garden a lot :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
However, said Volvo, DTC has me stumped but the colour has me scrathing my old “red” head, go on, put me out of my missery. :blush: :blush: Harvey

Dorchester Transport, Harvey :slight_smile:

Another firm I remember seeing but had forgotten about!

Brilliant memories and photo’s Dean, Paul and Mark :smiley:

Piston broke:

HRS:
Morning Dean,

Well done Paul, thanks. Could take you to his yard right now, pall of Harry Perrys ( Wareham Transport ). Harvey

Chris Webb:
Smithy Haulage Seddon Atkinson tanker. Ring any bells Chris ■■?
I don’t know owt about them really Dean,but I remember seeing them about,think they were from Widnes.

Ok cheers chap. :wink:

coomsey:
Neat, she’d do for me Dean

:laughing: :wink:

moomooland:
Now there’s a blast from the past.Anyone else notice the old contraflow system in place on the motorway with just the cats eye inserted cones for protection from on coming traffic.

Well spotted Paul,i never noticed that ! :unamused:

Piston broke:

DEANB:
Some from the dodgy camera.
Woolworths ERF.

Anyone notice the JE Clark FM eight wheeler hidden behind? I think that was a ‘51’ plate, she doesn’t look very old there :slight_smile:

Photo was taken in 2002 chap. :smiley:

kingswinford kit:

DEANB:
Anyone work for Lloyds of Ludlow.
Hi DEAN ,apart from steel ,they also did a little livestock work and at one time hauled out of Wells drinks Tenbury wells Worcs ,regards keith

Thanks for the comment Keith. :smiley:

windrush:

DEANB:
“windrush” Your like this one 2 x Fodens. :wink:
Forest of Dean based I reckon, they look too clean and tidy to be from the Welsh Border fleet! Pete.

Cheers Pete ! :wink:

moomooland:

Nice pic chap ! :smiley:

kenfig bill:
Hello Keith and Dean ,thanks for the pm …One of dads mate knew a Morfa driver from Monklandnr Leominster …Dads mate at that time was driving for BRS Swansea …and both hauling out of the MOD stores depot at Llangennech …hauling the likes of submarine engines down to the likes of Devonport and up to Scotland .
They also took stores up to a MOD base nr Bridgnorth ,otherwise it was steel out of Duports …to Ford at Dagenham …and returning with engine blocks for Bridgend…drivers at Kington and Leintwardine also …brilliant stuff lads…Geraint

:confused:

Thanks for the comments Bill. :wink:

HRS:
Morning Dean,

Hello Harvey,now i thought you would have got that one chap ! As “piston broke” says Dorchester Transport. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

thelongdrag:
Hi Dean. Gary Talbot driving his new lorry subbing for Waters.I have shown him Pauls pic.,and he was well chuffed. He went back onto their own work the oil job and steel after a while,but when they finally called it a day he drove for Waters until he retired. He is finding some pics.,of their AECs and the ERFs and I will put them on,he isn’t computer wise. :frowning: Thanks again for a great site. Mike

Good stuff Mike,always nice when a driver sees one of his old motors. Look forward to seeing the pics. :laughing:

HRS:

Well done Paul, thanks. Could take you to his yard right now, pall of Harry Perrys ( Wareham Transport ). Harvey

Now then Harvey i ws only a kid when these were running about. I was always under the impression that
the same fella owned Dorchester ,Wareham and Blandford Transport but sounds like that was not the case
then ■■ :unamused:

Got some more dodgy photos. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Now these were taken by Paul from his sisters house
which was over a mile away from the Golden Valley road,Cheltenham. Therefore they are a bit iffy as he
had to zoom in.

You can make out some of the hauliers but some are impossible. :unamused:

Seddon.

F86 Volvo tipper.

Volvo F86 with a fair old load of straw on.

Another F86 well loaded with timber.

Blue Circle Cement Foden possibly ■■

Shell Scammell Routeman.

ERF.

Seddon,look like a new trailer.

Bejam Scania.

Delapena Commer with shiny wheel trims.

Western Express Haulage (ECC) Volvo F88.

L1854p.JPG

Hughes F88 missing its grill.

L1524p.JPG

Henthorne Seddon Atkinson brick lorry.

L1525p.JPG

Bells of Ashington. Posted an article about this company on page 219.

L1523p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the DAF ■■

L1526p.JPG

SGB Bedford.Looks new.

L1527p.JPG

Wimpey Leyland being over taken by a Seddon Atkinson.No sure who the Seddon belongs to ■■

L1528p.JPG

Smurfit Bedford TM.

L1555p.JPG

This is a rare one ! Beacon Hill Brick company were a big concern.Now sadly gone and been land filled.
I have never ever seen a photo of one of there motors. They must have changed there colour scheme
as they used to be grey and mauve/purple.

L1685p.JPG

Fine Fare Leyland with a Cormar Bedford parked up.

FF.JPG

FF.JPGFine Fare began as a single supermarket in Welwyn Garden City in 1951.
The company was acquired by Associated British Foods in 1963 (ABF}
In 1986, ABF sold the company to The Dee Corporation (subsequently known as Somerfield).
Following this, all Dee Corporation’s newly acquired stores were re-branded as Gateway or closed, and the Fine Fare name had disappeared by the end of the 1980s.

Thirsk Market Place-001.jpgThis Fine Fare supermarket was in Thirsk North Yorkshire.

A Fine Fare Leyland Comet from the early 1960’s

Fine fare on commercial motor mag lent to me by marktaff :smiley:

image.jpeg

Crokerton Haulage, Barking and Alloa

moomooland:
Fine Fare began as a single supermarket in Welwyn Garden City in 1951.
The company was acquired by Associated British Foods in 1963 (ABF}
In 1986, ABF sold the company to The Dee Corporation (subsequently known as Somerfield).
Following this, all Dee Corporation’s newly acquired stores were re-branded as Gateway or closed, and the Fine Fare name had disappeared by the end of the 1980s.
This Fine Fare supermarket was in Thirsk North Yorkshire.
A Fine Fare Leyland Comet from the early 1960’s

Thanks for the info and pic Paul. :smiley: :wink:

smallcoal:
Fine fare on commercial motor mag lent to me by marktaff :smiley:

Cheers John ! :wink:

strawman:
Crokerton Haulage, Barking and Alloa

Thanks for the name “strawman” :smiley:

Some from over a mile away !

Mobil Seddon tanker.

Greenwoods Foden.

Seddon Atkinson pulling a fridge.

Foden flat bed looks like he has 2 consignments on board the way its loaded.

ICI Chemicals GUY.

Carter Volvo F86

Cant make the name out on the MAN.

ERF flatbed.

Routeman tipper.

West Midland Farmers Leyland.

Redland Marathon. Pic taken about half a mile from where there depot was in Parkstone,Poole.

L1561p.JPG

Geo l Cooper Scania in Poole.

L1564p.JPG

L.Poole Haulage Foden bulker.

L1777p.JPG

James McBride DAF.

L1786p.JPG

Clive Pinfold Foden bulker.

L1808p.JPG

Morfair Haulage ERF. Pretty sure Buzzer said they were Southampton based.

L1743p.JPG

Ingrem Marathon from New Milton. I think someone on here used to drive for them ■■

L1723p.JPG

W.O.Sheeran Foden.

Williams Bros DAF from Wales.

L2104p.JPG

County Packaging Bedford from Skelmersdale.

L2138p.JPG