Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 2)

We had a afternoons at Weston Cider yesterday

Ade

3 Likes

Didnt they used to have those bonneted Scania rigids…ugliest thing on the road at the time.:smiley:

Some very posh rail cars in that clip. The one I went on looked just like a bus, in fact it was a bus whch had had its undercarriage nicked and been plonked on a railway wagon.

My favourite bit was the 4 blokes rattling along on a tiny platform chased by another one with a flashing light on top. :rofl:

Just a variation of a Wickham trolly.

2 Likes

I’ve been subscribed to this YT channel for a while, Great content on there if you’re into trains.

1 Like

Henry Weston’s vintage dry cider, My favourite tipple. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

A great little invention, could have done without that bloke’s rather stilted and longwinded explanation though. :rofl:

There was a train theme then someone mentioned tipple for drinking but a tipple was also a train car coal loading machinery here in the US.

3 Likes

Ramone would you be from around the Clophill / Tring area with that remark about crappy CAT Engines, If so i knew both of them lol

No i’m from a little hamlet nestled in the Yorkshire hills … Bradford !!!

I thought Bradford was a van built by Jowett. :wink:

Sounded as if they were powered by clockwork, I remember a little ticking sound as they motored along. I often wondered how far the driver could go before he had to get out with a great big key and wind it up again. :blush: :rofl:

1 Like

Couple of my mate Mike Ponsonby’s trucks on the M6 at Lymm yesterday plus a Meacher’s From Southampton, Buzzer

nmp

1 Like

Saw a Ponsonby wagon in Dingwall Tues past.
Oily

The Jowett factory closed down and International Harvesters took over it hence the Jack Ashworth MK111 MM8 photo

??? Huh? :thinking:

Nowt wrong with a little Bradford Jowett van, a good little workhorse . :slightly_smiling_face:
You wouldn’t want to do distance work with one though. :wink:

Mark 111 Mammoth Major loaded with International Harvester Tractors built at the old Jowett factory in Bradford

2 Likes

I bet that thing saw a hill before the driver did.

1 Like

I’ve driven trucks like that. :anguished: