Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 2)

Leeming Bar 2022.
Oily

Buzzer nmp
436221451_8033066443393881_3010225766722459913_n

1 Like

Wright Anderson Engineers Gateshead

Showmen on Newcastle Town Moor

2 Likes

Gateshead’s photo of the army truck lineup got me thinking Commer looking cabs but actually Ford Thames.
Oily
FordThames_Zandcee cc by sa 3.0

That’s a creamy shade of khaki. :joy:

First attempt at putting a pic on th

is new fangled format. NMP . . . probably not come out anyway :upside_down_face: .

1 Like

Congratulations, it came out. :thinking:

Am i missing something ?

Apart from putting your picture in the middle of a sentence, and a word, no, so well done :wink: :smiley:

Myself and I’m sure others ain’t half missing our old buddies who posted photos or chimed in now and again with a bit of info on posted pics or just general banter.
I certainly appreciate those who have tamed this new concept and are posting. What I find missing now compared to the previous version of TKnet is when clicking on a photo it gave a count of the number of views it had so a degree of interest was visible.
Oily
On the A9 at Bruar Perthshire 2022.

1 Like

Hi Oily. Yes, I am surprised that just a few have switched over. Definitely different and hard to track who if anyone is looking in. More banter needed :+1:

1 Like

Those Scottish roads are about the closest we get to Continental style roads and scenery.

1 Like

A nice evening at Coneygarth

Ade

1 Like

Hi Oily could not agree with you more about TNUK which is dying, also I used to like to see how many views a picture got so one can see what was popular which this new version of TNUK is not, at the end of the day we have no control over the format of this site and the ones that do definitely have a hearing deficiency else they would do summit about it, how can they ignore it surely the fall off tells all, Buzzer

Those in charge of TNUK must have been selected from this school of clowns.

1 Like

Houghton le Spring, Co. Durham sometime in the fifties

Philadelphia Bus Depot, Houghton le Spring, Co. Durham

Grady Hall, Birtley, Co. Durham

1 Like

435112493_362449863460890_1281749718667367288_n

2 Likes

I had not long had my first car with my shiny new AA badge on the grill when I received my first salute. Chuffed to buggery. Never got a 2nd one, they stopped the practice soon after.
Elfin Safety I think.

Could the bloke tapping on the window after Stadium’s entry be saying ‘you in there, Drive?’

Gateshead

9h

Houghton le Spring, Co. Durham sometime in the fifties

Is that a bunch of kids, cadging a ride on the dog trailer?

No Just a queue of folks waiting at the bus stop.
Back in the day that area was a bit of a terminus for various routes across the region.
My wife was born and brought up in a couple of Vaux pubs within a mile of this corner end, both her parents’ funerals were held in the church in the background.

It’s as clear as day, when you know what you’re looking at. :rofl:
I thought the trailer had a tailboard, similar to the headboard.