Passed class 2. What next?

V40LLY:

ckm1981:
I’m on there in class 1 we get slightly more,not much more but the company paid for my class one training and test so can’t really moan…been on there 11 years in August.
Tbh for this area in any other class 2 job they’d struggle to get 20-25k as a salary

Which company is this?

DHL-great company to work for.

Go for your class 1, but use somewhere that’ll let you get 14 hours cpc for it. That’s how I got 28 out of my 35, then I just did a Saturday morning for an additional £50.

PaulNowak:
Go for your class 1, but use somewhere that’ll let you get 14 hours cpc for it. That’s how I got 28 out of my 35, then I just did a Saturday morning for an additional £50.

I hardly think that whether or not a company is willing to pay for any driver’s CPC module(s), is a deal breaker.

V40LLY:

PaulNowak:

I hardly think that whether or not a company is willing to pay for any CPC module(s), is a deal breaker.

He’s talking about the C+E lessons you idiot… Please troll better! :unamused:

Its a good job nobody cares what you think then.

My apologies, I didn’t read carefully.

eagerbeaver:
Its a good job nobody cares what you think then.

Did you get that email I sent you?

Didn’t bother reading it pal. Delete button i’m afraid.

Were you asking me out for a date? I’ve had girlfriends less bothered about me than you.

eagerbeaver:
Didn’t bother reading it pal. Delete button i’m afraid.

Were you asking me out for a date? I’ve had girlfriends less bothered about me than you.

I’m afraid not.

I don’t believe that you did delete it. You’ve just acknowledged that you received it.

This man really has to be the biggest trouser sausage on the whole site, if not the whole internet, that even includes myself and eagerbeaver, I’m thinking Beezle should get an invitation to our gang too though.

Haha. The helmet club. How are you Paul?

V4OLLY can I ask why you have negativity towards the industry??

yt03:
V4OLLY can I ask why you have negativity towards the industry??

He won’t answer you pal, as the moment someone challenges him, he scurries off back to his mummy’s apron strings.

I’ve put this below to him 3 times so far…

Evil8Beezle:
You asked me a question dipstick, and I answered it.

Care to respond? Or is looking in the mirror too painful, and you chose to overlook it…

Evil8Beezle:

V40LLY:
I like to explore the negativity amongst my counterparts. Anyone, who has the opposite opinion to mine, gets slagged off.

I still can’t understand why you want to defend the long hours, low pay culture for what is; a responsible job. You can’t kill people by accident, whilst stacking the shelves in Tesco, can you!

I don’t think you do explore negativity amongst your counterparts or peers, as every post you make is deliberately negative and tries to paint the industry in the worst light possible. Yes there are some drivers is certain parts of the country that earn only a little more above the minimum wage, but that is supply and demand i’m afraid. There are also drivers making 1.5 to 2 times the minimum wage, so I get a little tired with you constantly saying you could get the same money stacking shelves. I agree that the industry is underpaid and undervalued for the responsibility we have, but again that is supply and demand.

As for the long hours, yes you can complain about those, but at the same time you could argue that the hours are there if you want to make more money. You don’t have to work 60 or 70 hours, week in week out if you don’t want to. There is a certain amount of personal choice in that, with different jobs with varying shift patterns to suit the individual.

I’m going to make the assumption that you have always been a driver, and don’t know the realities of a lot of other peoples jobs. You just see the best bits that make you envious and bitter towards others, and for that i feel sorry for you… I worked previously in IT, and I can assure you that you don’t have a clue about how stressful that can be at times, but I’m guessing you just think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. It isn’t!!!

So can you please stop taking out your disappointment and anger with how your own life has turned out, and stop trying to ruin other peoples lives. No one on here thinks they are going to earn a fortune driving trucks, just an honest living that keeps a roof over their heads. Yes the industry is in a crap state, and pay should be higher, but no other driver on here is directly responsible for that, so why take your anger out on them?

I’d suggest you try to look on the bright side of things a bit. Yes you have a job (other don’t) Prospects are slowly starting to look up, as there seems to be more vacancies advertised, and in turn (with a bit of luck) wages will start to reflect this. However they are never going to be amazing, as at the end of the day driving is (at best) considered a semi-skilled job that the majority of people could do. So if you’re looking for a cushy easy number that pays mega bucks, you sadly picked the wrong trade and industry. And if you didn’t work that out before you became a driver, who’s fault is that?

You may have missed it, but i did actually agree with 1 (only one!) of your previous posts. Where you told a youngster that driving wasn’t a good industry to choose a career in. But the way/tone you chose to do it in left a lot to be desired, as there was an aggressive and bitter undertone to your post. So feel free to give your opinion, but how about dropping the attitude and bitterness? You may end up a happier person… (just a though)

However, if you choose to continue to be aggressive, condescending, splenetic, and generally think you’re better than everyone else. Then you’re going to continue to ■■■■ heads with people on this forum, and I’d ask you to consider to yourself why that is…

eagerbeaver:

Hmmm, think that name needs a bit of polishing… :wink:

Cheers evil…

What a bellend :unamused:

eagerbeaver:

Just spent 4 nights living in a metal box.

And I loved it! I’m bloody awesome. We need to get hi-viz tin helmets with built in Bluetooth and go find this man V4OLLY, we could even have matching nameplates!!!

I reckon I’ve nailed his Mum at some point.

Even after I gave her a dose?

You been stirring a fellow truck drivers porridge eagerbeaver?? :open_mouth: