Passed class 2. What next?

Hey guys n gals, just passed my class 2 today, first attempt. The dilemma I’ve got now is whether to book class 1 training and do the CPC while I’m waiting or do the CPC then get some class 2 driving experience with a recycling company that said to come back and see them when I’ve passed as they’re always looking for drivers. Any advice welcome.

Stevie_mc_:
Hey guys n gals, just passed my class 2 today, first attempt. The dilemma I’ve got now is whether to book class 1 training and do the CPC while I’m waiting or do the CPC then get some class 2 driving experience with a recycling company that said to come back and see them when I’ve passed as they’re always looking for drivers. Any advice welcome.

Congrats Pal! :smiley:

First question: What type of CPC can you do? If periodic, you might find it hard to get 5 days training within a week. I found that most trainers do 1 rotating session per week.

Thanks bud, yea the full 35 hours. I’ve been told that the place the driving trainer suggested is quiet at the minute but there’s three different places I could try, I’ve not been in touch with any yet.

Well I suggest you contact them and work out the timescales & costs.

I assume your Class C training didn’t allow you to build any CPC credits?
For this you would have needed 7+ hours of lessons in a 24 hour window that can span days. Additional to this, can you get any CPC credits for your C+E training?

If no to above, and you need the full 5 days quickly. You might find that a training is running a week long ADR course, which CAN could give you 21-28 hours of CPC. (Beware, some trainers can do 28 hours, some can only give you 21 hours of CPC credits!)

If ADR is of interest to you, this may help: Should I do ADR as 28 hours of CPC - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Best of luck!

P.S. I believe that you COULD do the initial CPC. But I heard that it was difficult to upload the credits at present, so trainers are not really offering this option. And ROG would probably know more about this…

He needs WORKING TAX CREDITS, more like.

You do have the option of doing the two initial tests instead of the 35 hours attendance with no tests if you want to

:smiley: :smiley:

Get your dcpc asap or as ROG said do the two test all up to you.Congrats on the pass.

Colin_scottish:
Get your dcpc asap or as ROG said do the two test all up to you.Congrats on the pass.

HAPPY TRUCKER

V40LLY:

Colin_scottish:

HAPPY TRUCKER

I have stalker every time i post it appears the troll v40lly

This thread should be called; “Passed class 2. I can now go and work for the national minimum wage”.

V40LLY:
This thread should be called; “Passed class 2. I can now go and work for the national minimum wage”.

Our class 2 drivers get 34k a year,no nights out,no Sunday working.

ckm1981:

V40LLY:

1. Which part of the country are you in?

2. What industry are you exactly?

3. How many hours are these drivers doing?

4. What is the shift pattern?

Somebody give this bellend his crayons back. He has found the computer again.

eagerbeaver:

They cant he had them for lunch.

Haha…’ Crayola on toast '.

Nice one Col.

Colin_scottish:

eagerbeaver:

They cant, he had them for lunch.

Quality! :smiley:

V40LLY:

ckm1981:

V40LLY:

1.Stoke on Trent

2.Delivering chill n frozen food

3.Within the law,under 48hrs average.

4.3 five day weeks then 2 four day weeks rolling over a 5 week period,4 day weeks-yes you read it right.

Salaried pay,so hours work doesn’t affect the set amount per month.

ckm1981:

V40LLY:

ckm1981:

V40LLY:

1.Stoke on Trent

2.Delivering chill n frozen food

3.Within the law,under 48hrs average.

4.3 five day weeks then 2 four day weeks rolling over a 5 week period,4 day weeks-yes you read it right.

Salaried pay,so hours work doesn’t affect the set amount per month.

Interesting.

In that case, don’t ever leave, as there would be a conveyor belt of driver’s waiting to replace you if you did.

You certainly wouldn’t get that up in Manchester.

I’m on there in class 1 we get slightly more,not much more but the company paid for my class one training and test so can’t really moan…been on there 11 years in August.
Tbh for this area in any other class 2 job they’d struggle to get 20-25k as a salary

ckm1981:
I’m on there in class 1 we get slightly more,not much more but the company paid for my class one training and test so can’t really moan…been on there 11 years in August.
Tbh for this area in any other class 2 job they’d struggle to get 20-25k as a salary

Which company is this?