Oh no another stobart thread!

Just noticed this and thought it was interesting!

stobartgroup.co.uk/news/tran … l-trailer/

Yeah but they could have just stuck 75 cages on a decker instead. Enviro-trailer my arse, just more PR BS.

High-Volume trailer will boost economy, reduce congestion and cut emissions

:laughing: :laughing: what a load of rubbish :laughing: :laughing:

oo oo, i hope i get to take one of them into Welham Green! :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

If you go on facebook to the “without lorry drivers…”, they have show this story, and there is a Picture of Mark “roundabout” Dixon on there. You can imagine the comments that have been left!!

I cant wait for my pay rise… obviously we will get one as fast eddie wont be loading more freight for the same rates will he?.. :unamused:
I saw it today in Crick with our superstar number 1 driver pulling it… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

Dicko!

■■■■ myself if he wrapped it round a lamp post, he’ll be bricking it on the way down. :laughing:

Oh! thats why MO and “ady12000” have disappeared for a while,their unrivalled skills would be required for the launch of the next wave of “fast eddie” BS with the first shunt with the new length trailers,were the “chuckle brothers”,and various dignataries stood in the back of the trailer? Should have given it a spin round a ferry port and then had them arrested as “illeagals”,Who? never heard of them plus we don’t understand a word they are saying,where do they say ther’er from,The Eden valley?more like Albania by the sound of their “crack”!!! Cheers Bewick

Bewick:
Oh! thats why MO and “ady12000” have disappeared for a while,their unrivalled skills would be required for the launch of the next wave of “fast eddie” BS with the first shunt with the new length trailers,were the “chuckle brothers”,and various dignataries stood in the back of the trailer? Should have given it a spin round a ferry port and then had them arrested as “illeagals”,Who? never heard of them plus we don’t understand a word they are saying,where do they say ther’er from,The Eden valley?more like Albania by the sound of their “crack”!!! Cheers Bewick

not disapeared at all bewick,just been sat back with smug i told you so look on my face
STOBART SEARCHES FOR FRANCHISE PARTNERS
we,ve had a POSITIVE responce so far and are now going through the SELECTION process :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
what have you and youre mates been saying for months :question: :question: ,no good,no one will do it etc,etc
seems theyve enough APPLICATIONS to pick and choose who they want :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
p.s they say things come in THREES,you had a kicking over depot closures,now franchises,wonder what will kick your sorry ■■■ over next :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
off too spec my new truck,goodnight bewick :wink: :laughing:

I get a shot of one of the 30 pallet trailers in may already seen one in a ‘‘company pr’’ photo. Our dcpc has been postponed till may to incorporate some sort of training for it, the only training you need is too straddle cos somebody is gonna tear something open wae the tail :laughing:

demonstrating a 20% increase in payload and effectively allowing the number of trucks on UK roads to be decreased.

eh?

mickyblue:

demonstrating a 20% increase in payload and effectively allowing the number of trucks on UK roads to be decreased.

eh?

Thereby enabling him to use less “owner drivers” I guess…

ady1:

Bewick:

not disapeared at all bewick,just been sat back with smug i told you so look on my face STOBART SEARCHES FOR FRANCHISE PARTNERS we,ve had a POSITIVE responce so far and are now going through the SELECTION process :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: what have you and youre mates been saying for months :question: :question: ,no good,no one will do it etc,etc seems theyve enough APPLICATIONS to pick and choose who they want :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: p.s they say things come in THREES,you had a kicking over depot closures,now franchises,wonder what will kick your sorry ■■■ over next :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: off too spec my new truck,goodnight bewick :wink: :laughing:

Ah! so you are going to be a “launch” franchisee “ady”,nice move mate,they’ll have you “mollie collied” and earning at the very least,just enough to keep your “nostrils” just above water level then you’ll replace the Page three girl in a full page advert in The Sun as a successful “franchisee”,singing that old “Sally Army” standard “Come and join us ,come and join us” Anyway “ady” keep the faith and don’t take any crap off the “planners”!!!You lucky people! Cheers Bewick.PS you stated on the O/D thread you were off down the Pub!! Is that where you spec a Motor up now?? dear oh dear things have changed since my day!!.

ady1:
off too spec my new truck,goodnight

Good luck Ady, i’m not like this miserable lot, i know you’ll make a go of it. WIth hard work and determination anything is possible. Some of them here just don’t wanna see anyone get on. Its a no brainer, join in the success of a big company and reap the rewards, seems simple to me.
I looked how they where doing financially and its very well, if you’re as profitable as they are ,and you should be because they will be giving you the work. Anyway, just look at the stats, they speak for themselves you can actually see how much profit you might be able to make in a year…
Accounts

Accounts reference date: 28/02

Last registered accounts: 28/02/2011*

Accounts next due: 30/11/2012

Accounts overdue: no

Accounts category: FULL

Accounts document available: yes

Annual turnover: £319,668,000.00

Annual profit: £4,448,000.00

Turnover per employee: £123,854.32

Profit per employee: £1,723.36

worksmart.org.uk/company/com … d=00995045

Oh, nearly forgot the smiley … :laughing:

£ 1700+ per employee (average) = 4 or 5 £ per day,but what “commision” will be removed from the “franchisee’s” earnings,don’t tell me “fast eddie” can extract blood out of stone ? The numbers aren’t adding up IMO.What were the 5,000 satisfactorily fed from 5 loaves and 7 fish (or similar)!!!They’ve re-invented everything else in the transport world so maybe they can turn base metal into Gold!!! Cheers Bewick.

Mike-C:
worksmart.org.uk/company/com … d=00995045

Oh, nearly forgot the smiley … :laughing:

That is a very good website indeed the company i work for is on it and makes some very interesting reading :wink:

Bewick:

ady1:

Bewick:

not disapeared at all bewick,just been sat back with smug i told you so look on my face STOBART SEARCHES FOR FRANCHISE PARTNERS we,ve had a POSITIVE responce so far and are now going through the SELECTION process :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: what have you and youre mates been saying for months :question: :question: ,no good,no one will do it etc,etc seems theyve enough APPLICATIONS to pick and choose who they want :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: p.s they say things come in THREES,you had a kicking over depot closures,now franchises,wonder what will kick your sorry ■■■ over next :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: off too spec my new truck,goodnight bewick :wink: :laughing:

Ah! so you are going to be a “launch” franchisee “ady”,nice move mate,they’ll have you “mollie collied” and earning at the very least,just enough to keep your “nostrils” just above water level then you’ll replace the Page three girl in a full page advert in The Sun as a successful “franchisee”,singing that old “Sally Army” standard “Come and join us ,come and join us” Anyway “ady” keep the faith and don’t take any crap off the “planners”!!!You lucky people! Cheers Bewick.PS you stated on the O/D thread you were off down the Pub!! Is that where you spec a Motor up now?? dear oh dear things have changed since my day!!.

Well, time will tell. But as Stobbie drivers struggled to make any money when Eddie was running the truck for them, I can’t see them scooping a huge profit from the crap money and the overheads and bills from being responsible for the running of what is a very expensive piece of equipment.

The time to be smug Ady is not when there have been a lot of applications -there are plenty of mugs out there that believe everything they read in The Sun…Be smug when two or three hundred Stobbie O/Ds have been running at a decent profit for 4 or 5 years on the bounce… :open_mouth:

Out of interest - did Eddie advertise in the Financial Times…? Surely so with such a great investment opportunity… :sunglasses:

Out of interest - have Stobbies got any trampers left now? I’m losing track of how many folk have been (sadly) made redundant.

I’ve no doubt they will be Q’ing round the block to sign up to be a franchisee & will be over subscribed after the advert in the Sun. Why did they need to advertise if they were already over subscribed from employed drivers though which I think someone mentioned earlier?

We’re just debating about wether it is a good idea or not, admitedly Bewick does seem to be a tad biased but i’m sure there’s a good reason for that.

The only thing I would say Ady is that you get a bit carried away with this “We” business, you work for Stobbarts, they don’t give a toss about you and would drop you like it’s hot if it suited them without a second thought which is the case with most employed drivers at anything other than small, family firms.

Take the rose tinted specs off.

Leave ady alone, he is on a weekend pass from the nut house